1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Florida Sun Sentinel: Mike James is "on the market".

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jan 20, 2008.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Mike James still has use as a scoring guard off the bench. Just no in this team. RA's system is just too complicated for him.

If he wasn't getting paid so much some other team in need of scoring and decent poing guard play would take him off our hands.

I would really take a 2nd rounder, expiring picks or trade exceptions for him.

2. kwng

kwng Member

Poor Mike. He lives in Houston and it would sad to see him on the move again.
    However, game wise he is currently just out of sync and just cannot make the grade.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I would trade MJ for nothing just to get him out of here.

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Saying Mike James is on the market is like saying Ben Wallace is on the market...of course thier teams would like to gid rid of them.

The question is...how?

I think James+1st round for expiring is about as good a deal as the Rockets can get...considering the Minny and now Houston debacle :(

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Morey can get it done. There are teams out there that could use a PG. Just prepare for those "cheap prostitute" comments to come up again.

6. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

it seems he is suitable fo Rox's play ,just trade him

7. Tornadoofsoul6

Miami would probably want him as a pure shooter, but they don't really have any trade assets besides Dorrel Wright, or we give a package for Jason Williams or some sort of a trade like that.

8. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I still the James can be a valuable asset off the bench. I dont believe that he is done. When going well, he brings the ability to handle the ball and scoring.

9. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

We can't trade him because of the "KICKER" ;)

10. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

The guys in front of him are crap. I dont see how James cant move ahead of Luther Head in the lineup. Head plays like crap, no love for Mike James if he cant even do that much.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Do you guys think we could get Juwan Howard for Mike James?

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pretty terrible trade.

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Amen. Hey Mike, you were great the first two games. But nothing after that after many opportunities. If you can't hit shots, you don't play.

14. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

Send him to NY giants.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I say we keep him. Maybe when Rafer starts bricking again, Mike will find his touch.

16. jc1988

jc1988 Member

ai...i was really hoping for Mike to be a crucial piece for this team...

remember the 1st game of the season!?..Mike came off the bench and tied the game...

i was like we finally had a great sixth man...

it's gonna be hard to see him go

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Well, Morey said this morning, that James was just beat out by Brooks, Head and Alston. So, the good thing, is that we have better and younger talent. But, Morey also pointed out that whomever got beat out in the competition, that people would probably conclude he wasn't any good, since he didn't get minutes, and that's not true. So, hopefully he has value for someone else.

So, as much as I wanted us to get him, and thought he would help, it probably is time to trade him for a piece that would fit better, if thats available.

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

Trade him to the Spurs for Mahinmi

19. GKlutz

GKlutz Member

He come to houston twice and still have to go? That will ruin the team's appearence

20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

James could work out if he just played a little bit under control, but every time I saw him play this season he'd jack up shots like he thought he was Kobe.