1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: With the emergence of Hamilton- Granger a longshot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 27, 2014.

1. King901

King901 Member

Dont be surprised if Hamilton make a certain 3 expandable in the future. Not saying hambone can replace his presence, but it will soften the blow. All speculation though.

2. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

After your opening statement, your statement on rational thought just makes you look hypocritical and completely self unaware. Congrats on making the Ignore List.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

0 which is the correct amount.

So after 2 games and you call the backup SF positions solidified?

And lets just say that somehow this does work out, who would you want to backup incase Parsons or your new backup goes down? Casspi or Granger? By your post, you're choosing Casspi.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I have a hard time believing Morey has lost interest in Granger due to two solid games from Hamilton.

Maybe there's something we don't know here. Maybe Granger's camp is indicating his mind is already made up.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You sound like somebody on Morey's staff:rolleyes:

Danny Granger is currently being chased by multiple championship caliber teams, yet a airhead on a messageboard declares him "DONE". I'm sure your confused on who the idiot really is.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

Sure his shot won't keep falling every game, but you have to like his effort on defense.

He may not be the most defensively talented player we've seen, but you can't question the effort he is putting in out there. As long as he keeps that up, he is a solid rotation player for us. Definitely above Garcia/Casspi.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

100% agree. If Morey ever had interest, I can't see him losing it after 2 games. He's a pro's pro and he's seen enough 2 game streaks take them with a grain of salt.

Now Granger may have other teams higher on his list.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Exactly. I think Morey has made the decision that no matter what Hamilton gives us going forward, it's clearly better than anything Granger will do this year.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Then we can finally begin the search for a 4th star. Hopefully in about 6 years, we can enter "win now" mode.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will not happen.

Hamilton is an unrestricted FA this summer. And the rules say HOU CANNOT offer him more than $2.2M to stay because Denver already declined his rookie scale team option for next season.

So if Hamilton actually plays well enough to displace Parsons, Hamilton will most likely be offered more than $2.2M elsewhere and will leave Houston.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For now Hamilton is but he can become close to real Gold.

Danny has been gold but is fading. Values lessens.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

FWIW, both Granger and Hamilton are represented by the same agench, CAA.

More important, it's been reported by ESPN that getting minutes, or even "guaranteed minutes" is important to Granger. I wonder if Morey is in a position to "guarantee" Granger substantial minutes or if he has to be honest and tell DG that the team will have to go with the flow and play whoever is performing best and there is competition for minutes.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't see why they wouldn't go after Grainger regardless. You can never have too many versatile wings! Adding Grainger and Hamilton would solidify our wing depth for the playoffs and give us a veteran presence that this team needs when the going gets tough. I think a bench rotation of Lin / Hamilton / Grainger/ Motiejunas / Asik is crazy deep and exactly what this team needs to sustain itself through the grueling playoffs.

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Rockets need to get Granger simply to block the other contenders from getting more firepower. Whether or not he can contribute is another story.

15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yeah I agree. Granger isn't the same player he was before injuries. I still think either MWP :)P) or Butler.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Like a balloon?

1 person likes this.
  17. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

I think you trust these "sources" too much

18. deshen

deshen Member

Exactly.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member