1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: With the emergence of Hamilton- Granger a longshot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 27, 2014.

1. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    More like burnt orange

2 people like this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

LMA and Kevin Love's max contracts in 2015 are virtually the same.

You can have Beverly, Parsons, Canaan, Harden and Howard and just barely have enough room to sign one of Love/LMA. Let's say it's LMA, and Canaan turns into a quality guard. That gives you a 3 guard rotation (Beverly, Harden and Canaan) and a backup center (LMA):

Beverley / Canaan
    Harden / Canaan
    Parsons
    LMA
    Howard / LMA

All Morey would need to do is find a few quality wings with the room exception/vet min.

That said, I don't think this is how it will play out. Either Love or LMA will get traded at the 2015 deadline and we just need to be prepared.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hamilton is good but been playing above what we will see from him.

he hasn't been scouted enough yet. Once those scout reports are out, he will regress. I hope not but at this moment I'd have Granger too and not entirely rely on JH

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not sure if serious, but Memphis signed him.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not with the emergence of Canaan.

6. BonziWellsGOAT

Lets think about this for a second....nobody ever knows Morey's true intentions on these things no matter how many sources they have.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, that's actually my biggest fear with Love heading into 2015. Not that he'll choose another team over us in free agency, but that he'll have already been traded. Then again, Dwight was traded to the Lakers and still turned them down in the end. Who's to say Love will stick around if he's dealt at the trade deadline next year?

8. Clarinetmonster

[​IMG]

Whaaa!?!? Did I miss this event?

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I like Hamilton a lot so far, but he's not going to go after a very good role player just because a guy has played well the last two games?

For the first time in a while, gonna have to question Morey here.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Damn, that is some premium insider info.

11. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Actually, you're WAYYYY under-valuing his ceiling. Hamilton's downside has always been between his ears and has nothing to do with his physical abilities and skill set. If he's on a team that's a good fit for him, his ceiling could be Ray Allen. Do I think that will happen? No. But, ceilings are always extreme long shots and very few players ever actually hit their ceiling.
    Jordan does seem to have matured a bit since he's been in the NBA. If he continues to mature and accepts his role on the team, he's going to become a fan favorite. Coming in to Houston, he knows that he's not going to be "The Man", no matter what. In Denver, I think he felt like he could possibly become "The Man" and also had the pressure of living up to his draft status. Denver fans wouldn't be happy with him as a very good role player, because they wanted him to realize his potential that he was drafted for, whereas Houston fans will be ecstatic with any significant contribution he gives the Rockets, since all we gave up for him was a guy that was rarely seeing the court. Fan and front office expectations can really change a player's mentality, especially someone as impulsive as JH. I can see him coming in with a "nothing to lose" mentality and embracing his role as an energy guy off the bench who hits "dagger" 3's. If his head is in the right place....and that's a big "if"...the addition of JH could be considered one DM's most shrewd moves.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Camby says HI!!

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Cap is projected to be 62mil next year. So if you include a slight bump to 63~64mil in 2015, that would be considerably more than your own numbers.

Parsons, Beverley, and Cannan in 2015 would account for about $3mil combined. It is possible depending on the cap that the Rockets won't be able to offer full 100% max, but it would at least be near max enough for money to be mostly a non-issue, especially if you account for lack of income tax in Texas. The Rockets will be selling these guys on winning anyway.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

True. Dwight did technically take less money to come here, but in the long run that could be a wash given the state and local income tax discrepancy between playing in L.A. and here. Who's to say the same can't happen with another big name free agent?

BTW, does anyone know who else is on pace to have enough cap space to sign someone like Love come 2015? I assume the Lakers, but who else has a bunch of contracts coming off the books by then?

15. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Not scouted yet? Because he came from Denver? This isn't the 80's. Every GM and Video Coordinator has more info and tape on JH, than you could ever imagine, and are 100% aware of all his strengths and deficiencies. It's not like he's some kid from the corn fields of Iowa that has never played in the NBA.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

In two years a lot of teams can make the necessary moves to clear the necessary capspace. Possible teams that may challenge the Rockets may be the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks. Thunder, Warriors, Clippers, and Indy are all definitely out. Miami probably won't unless they get rid of both Wade and Bosh. But then Bosh would be a FA on the market for the Rockets to get in that situation.

Besides, there are 3-4 FAs the Rockets can go after: Love, Aldridge, Rondo, and possibly Bosh. Odds are the Rockets should end up with at least one of them.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I can tell you all you want about Jordan Hamilton after two games. Only drives right. Don't let him shoot the open three.

1 person likes this.
  18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Hamilton will be just fine. All we need him to do is spot up in that corner. If he's having to drive often like he did last night, then something is wrong with the entire offense, not just Hamilton.

I hate to say it here, but the real problem has been Jeremy Lin. He's supposed to be that backup scoring option that can create, and he has done absolutely nothing because he seems to have no confidence. He used to be able to finish drives or get to the line, now he just pulls up and kicks it back out every time.

19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

So many stupid ****ing idiots on this thread. Danny Granger is DONE. If he could still play, you think the Pacers trade him for that ****ing stiff Turner.

I see rational thought is not common place on this forum.

As far as Jordan goes, he's on the perfect team for his skill set. He's an athletic wing that can shoot the basketball. He's going to continue to get open looks in Houston because of Harden and Howard. Casspi and Garcia got all the open looks they wanted, they just couldn't convert, why would that change for Hamilton? Not too mention that Hamilton will actually attempt to play defense and rebound the basketball.

1 person likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He has not been scouted yet as a player and his strengths and responsibilities within the Rockets system. If he does play big minutes, teams will do that.

Make no mistake, I like JH and what he brings to the table - athleticism, 3 point ball some toughness but I wouldn't necessarily epect him to play the way he did yesterday consistently. I hope he proves me wrong.