1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Warriors' Curry to be named NBA MVP; Harden runner-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, May 3, 2015.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Per ESPN

Stephen Curry's 23.8 PPG average will be the lowest for an MVP winner since Steve Nash in 2005-06. He'll be the first MVP who didn't average either 24 PPG, 10 RPG or 10 APG since Karl Malone in the lockout-shortened '99 season.

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks forgot about KD because he was out most of the season.

Still amazing that the OKC team had Harden, KD, and Westbrook

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Well isn't that interesting. ESPN hype machine wins again.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Naturally his scoring average will be low because he spent many fourth quarters on the bench getting manicures or getting b.j.'s from ESPN sportswriters.

Many sports talking heads (Jon Barry was one) defensively mentioned the fourth quarter thing awhile back. That never carried much weight for me; who was most instrumental player in helping his team?

I didn't throw up in my mouth when I read that Harden had lost, Curry being one hell of a player, but this does confirm that MVP is a popularity contest. And that the voters are lazy herd-mentality cretins.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Because he's so good he blew teams out and he could sit on the bench for the 4th...

Harden had to play 40ms a game because his team couldn't hold a 20pt lead so he got to pad his stats

/s

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

this. I hate that guy. Not because he won the MVP, but because he's extremely cocky and gets WAY too hyped by the media and his fans.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He is a pretty smug guy. In the way he talks, the way he holds his face, the way he saunters up the court after a made bucket, the way he uses his mouth guard like chewing gum. Everything about Curry drips self satisfaction.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's got to be one of the closest votes ever I can't really find a good argument against either. Wouldn't mind a split vote.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This outcome was predictable but I guess I held out a bit of hope that the voters - not matter how much they may dislike Harden or Morey personally - would come to their senses last minute.

Curry is a magnificent player, easily 2nd best in the league and one of the best players in the whole world right now.

Harden is the MVP. It doesn't matter if he wins the award for it, if you watched James Harden for even 10-15 games this season, you would know and you wouldn't care about the award either.

I wouldn't have it any other way. This franchise knows how to deal with this kind of disrespect. Go out and win, make them eat crow. I wish these chumps would have crowned Curry in game 1 of the GSW-MEM series so that we would have that image in our heads for game 1. Not only is Harden going to make them eat crow, but this whole team is going to be pissed off with Howard first in line. They've got his back and he's got theirs.

I feel bad for the Clippers.

11. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

Are you serious?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Derek Jeter has multiple gold glove awards despite being one of the worst defensive short stops of all time, Steph Curry now has an MVP award despite never being the most valuable player in the NBA. Awards are funny like that.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't like Curry because even his practice was on NBA front page...

He is the media darling.

14. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

Wow, you hate someone because their practice was on the front page? You need help buddy :eek:

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

yea, argument can be made that way though Dwight's game 3 stats (23 points, 10 rebounds) doesn't look bad to me.

Without Howard in regular season, we split the regular season 2-2 against Clipper. That just says Warriors is in a different level than Clippers. Unless argument is made Dwight made us worse in regular season due to his injury, that's why Golden State won, but that's stretching it a bit too far.

16. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

"You can't win expect to win the MVP living at the free throw line" - A Buddy of mine

17. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Both guys were amazing this season, we shouldn't cry about it, we should beat them in the conference finals and prove everyone wrong.

18. FeaR

FeaR Member

MVP is an individual award.

19. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I feel so blessed to have a player like Harden on the Rockets, the guy is so awesome.

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The way he leaves his mouth piece hanging out irks me to no end..