1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Warriors' Curry to be named NBA MVP; Harden runner-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, May 3, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

We all knew this day was coming, so we shouldn't be surprised. It's a popularity contest by ESPN. At the very least, Curry is a very, very good player, so it's not a total slap on Harden despite him being more deserving.

Now Harden needs to keep focusing on being the Harden we saw in the regular season and play out of his mind until the finals. This MVP thing is an unneeded distraction.

2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I so badly want to see the Rockets win this series so we can see what Golden State does against Harden and a healthy Howard.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Knew it was coming awhile ago. When Curry made those 77 threes in a row. MVP was locked.

1 person likes this.
  4. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Ahhh. you vented for me.
    People will say " don't degrade Curry, if you do you don't know basketball"
    But truth is, no one is degrading, just not agreeing. Harden was the clear MVP! Media obsession is the reason players are having their own awards. They fall in love with a player and forget to look at the stats, struggles and determination players put in. No one cares that Harden led the league in points scored, just that Curry broke the 3pts in a season record.
    No one cares that Curry has another all star on his team, They saying he made his teammates better, I don't believe he shot the ball for Klay Thompson to be able to go for 37 in a qt. Look at his assist average, Cp3/Wall makes his teammates better.
    Fuel to the fire! #Pursuit

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just want to see the voting results.

6. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

When are the results for the players awards being announced?

7. hoopball

hoopball Member

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was because dream was injured most of that season.

Not the same.

9. TheresTheDagger

Well....at least it isn't Kobe or Lebron.

Tough break for James. Lets get him the Finals MVP. Then ESPN can choke on that.

10. cmellon

cmellon Member

Howard played against Warriors in game 3 and 4. Rockets

Game 3, Howard played 34 minutes, Warriors 131 Rockets 106
    Game 4, Howard played 24 minutes, Warriors 126 Rockets 113

They won all 4 meetings in the regular season very convincingly.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

This reminds more of when Barkley got mvp over dream and jordan.

The suns had a better season , that was it

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I wouldn't use the word convincingly.

I recall the first two games we were leading in the first half - but couldn't sustain going up against a completely healthy team with unlimited bodies.

And if you think Playoff Dwight is in any way, shape or form comparable to Dwight from those two games... Son... I don't even.

If we play Golden State - I am pretty confident we make the Finals.

To quote James Harden "they ain't even that good"

I've said all along.

Dwight/TJones shows HARD on the Curry p'n'r at the top of the key. He throws a one handed over his head cross court pass to Klay Thompson. As long as there is a capable defender right there on Thompson - you go a long way to beating the Warriors.

Ariza on Curry. Brewer on Thompson. Harden on Barnes.

I really, truly feel we beat this team - even with our injuries.

I can't even describe it. I'm so scared and nervous about the Clippers series. But I don't get anywhere near the same feeling with the Warriors.

13. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

That was pre rest dwight, he's been a totally different player since then. Still a tough matchup though.

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I'm guessing you didn't watch the games because Howadd clearly wasn't right. He could barely jump. I remember thinking during the 2nd game that Dwight must be playing hurt. A few days later they shut him down for over 2 months. Make no mistake, Golden State hasn't seen a healthy Dwight or anything resembling the current Rockets team in any of the 4 games. Remember, TJ was out for a long time too.

15. hoopball

hoopball Member

Howard was clearly not 'healthy' at that point... I mean some people even suggested he was hurting the team... playoff Dwight is way different though.

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah it's just so funny how Golden State fan thinks they will steamroll us if and when that series happens. They're all "but but we already played them 4 times and blew them out all 4 times and Dwight played...derp derp." They haven't seen playoff Dwight. How funny it would be to go into Oracle and steal Game 1. The shock on the faces of those dbag fans and their media hype machine. People act like Golden State is unbeatable, the GOAT. That's complete bull****. A jump shooting team that runs up against a great half court defense in the playoffs is asking for it. I pray we get there and McHale, Morey and JB realize you need to slow it down and play them half court. Look how poorly Memphis did trying to run with those guys. You don't run with them, you make them grind it out.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

This was really impressive by James Harden, to be #2 in the era of LeBron James is not bad at all.

I imagine it will be him, Curry, LeBron, and Anthony Davis contending for MVP every year

18. dream2franchise

Durant? Or are you unsure of his health?

Westbrook too. If Rose is fully healthy you have to figure his name will pop up as well.

The top tier of the league is incredibly stacked going forward. Awesome time to be a fan!

1 person likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Not as bad as Derrick Rose over Lebron or Nash stealing a couple or Malone over Jordan.

I'm okay with Curry winning. More motivation for Harden.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

why are people rating this thread?

it's just informative not an opinion piece.

1 person likes this.