1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Utah offering more money to Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 6, 2016.

1. basketballholic

I asked three people who are posters here if they had heard anything. I also asked other people that I know that aren't members here. Then I posted it, I believe, in bimas thread to see if him or anybody else would acknowledge it. Then I tweeted Marks. Keep figuring me out instead of taking Rockets. No more responses for you today. You waste my time.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Instead of commenting here, you might want to start apologizing to your client, BJ.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why is it so important to repeatedly point out how wrong bballholic is? I believe the majority of us know he is a fraud who does not have inside information at all. I don't like his greater than thou attitude either, but no point in pummeling the dead horse. It's not even entertaining anymore. The guy either has issues or is getting a kick out of trolling you guys.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The only person getting hurt here is DMO. He is rotting away somewhere, sh***ING away all his hard work. The only way he'll up his stock is playing. Period. He is defunitely tarnishing his rep.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Check my post history, I rarely post and I haven't even engaged holic in over a year because of the reason you just mentioned. But it's worth commenting when he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar like he has here a couple times already.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

You know what? You all may be on to something here.

Basktballholic
    Jopat
    =
    BJ

Also further proof is BJ asking Marks on Twitter if the 4th year was a player option. Speaks to the inept nature of his contract writing and negotiating skills. Doesn't even know what he advised DMo to sign off on and his insistence that DMo is still the one in control here. "We know our rights"... "Dmo is going to get his money"... "Yule C"

Mind blown...lock her up.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Nolen and craguin like this.
  9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The plot THICKENS!

10. Cranberry_Juice

We have to, it's his purpose on Clutchfans. Just like:

Jontro faps
    Tinman never left 1999
    SwolyD :mad::p:eek::oops::oops::rolleyes:
    Dadakota
    Dadakota
    Dadakota posts multiple times
    Basketballholic is "sauces" guy

Hakeemtheking and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

More like jopat has never had a bj

Yaosthirdleg and rockpileindisma like this.
  12. Cranberry_Juice

#BJGATE

Yaosthirdleg and rockpileindisma like this.
  13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Go home dude, everyone knows your fraud by now, I remember when this dumbass used his opinion about parson and how we are signing him and made it a fact no matter what. Yule C

rockpileindisma likes this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

15. stitches

stitches New Member

Hey guys, Jazz fan coming in peace because I've been reading your threads and getting annoyed by the conjectures and wild speculations a lot of people here are making. The calculations just don't make any sense for the Jazz to offer anything to DMo, unless they are offering 1 year deal and EVEN THEN we should probably use that money for renegotiate and extend Hill and/or Favors before we think about offering DMo any money.

Here it goes:

Utah has 13.65M in capspace. They can use this money to either give R&E to one or both(more likely one) of Hill and Favors or they can give some part of it to DMo.

Here's the cap situation in case we want to sign DMo(read in here you are floating 23M for 2 seasons guaranteed number. Lets say it's true and the Jazz want to give him 12M in first year and 11M in the second year).

Contracts for 2017-2018:
    Derrick Favors : 12M
    Joe Johnson: 10.5M
    Alec Burks: 11M
    Dante Exum: 5M
    Trey Lyles: 2.5M
    Rudy Gobert: 21M
    Rodney Hood: 2.5M
    DMo - 11M
    ------------------------------
    75.5M

That's WITHOUT Hayward (possibly around 28M) and Hill(Lets say 20M) and that is without Diaw(7.5 non-guaranteed, Neto 1M non-guaranteed, Joel Bolomboy 1M non-guaranteed, Joe Ingles 2.6M QO, 2 first round picks). I'm not including ANY of them.

If we want to keep Hayward and Hill we would be at 123.5M with 6 more roster spots to fill(or at least 6 more million in salary cap to fill). This would be way over the luxury tax(currently projected at around 122M). This is not happening! The Jazz won't choose DMo over any of our key players(Hill, Hayward, Favors). It just makes no sense at all.

The other option is to give him just 1 year deal, but then again... why would we choose that instead of relieving the money crunch we will have in 2018 by frontloading either Hill or Favors contract? Why would anybody choose 1 year of DMo(whose condition we don't know anything about), over making it much easier to keep our core long-term? Again, it makes no sense.

I hope this helps and clears things up from Utah's side.

Cheers.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

What if BJ / DMo pulls a Boozer and says thanks for withdrawing the offer sheet, here is our offer sheet from Utah?