1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Ty Lawson is being showcased for the Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea and Harden had a triple double tonight playing this way...I hope a light bulb finally went off in his brain...now just get Howard back and Beverly in a perfect pleasantville world...of course I'm dreaming but you get the point it sounds like

2. Solaris

Solaris Member

Is JB part of the trade?

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I guess Mayo and Plumlee. Leaves us just 200k over tax line. Brings in a young big we can have a look at and then hold RFA status. My guess is Morey wants to (or has been told to) avoid tax, and then be a player in Free Agency.
    Holding RFA status for a few bigs gives the option of choosing which one to keep.

Plus with DMo out I guess we might want another big on the roster for this year. Crawford fits the 3/4 vibe as the small ball PF and we drop below tax line.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Yep Mayo is a solid player. Bayless can play too. Not overly thrilled about Thrasquez tbh. But Mayo I can definitely get around. A younger version of Terry right now with better defense imo.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Mayo a younger version of Terry?

Mayo sucks

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

If you actually read what I wrote. I said a younger version of what Terry is now.

Mayo is a 37% career three point shooter.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

mayo is 29% from three and 37% field goals this season. perfect fit. \
    gotta work on my brick bros mspaint

8. malakas

malakas Member

yeah yeah he's in a slump and bothered by his hamstring. He has years in the league proving that he's a good shooter. And when good shooters are in slumps they usually shoot much better the second half. It evens out.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant believe morey would rather take these guys in then give lawson a real chance

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would really like a simple package from Milwaukee for Lawson.

Houston out: Lawson
    Houston in: mayo/bayless/nop2nd/sac2nd

Outlook: we shed 1.4m from the salary and essentially swap expiring contacts. Bayless has been money from deep and would be a very good complimentary guard to Harden. Mayo has sucked this year sure but he's a good career 3pt shooter and we can hope he turns it around. He can't be worse then brewer. If not he is benched until he expires. Plus you get two extra assets in the picks. You can use them as a package with other assets to upgrade the roster more or dump brewer.

For Milwaukee they upgrade the pg position and dump a player who hasnt been playing well just for the price of 2 2nd rd picks.

Malakas. Thoughts?

#130 BigMaloe, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

If you know who know who Cyberx is, you will know he probably has this trade nailed

If it is going to go down, I would hope Morey also gets the Knicks and Charlotte on the phone b/c I would love if the deal went down as

Charlotte In: F Terrence Jones (HOU) + G/F KJ McDaniels (HOU) + C Mason Plumlee (MIL) + F Chris Copeland (MIL)
    Charlotte adds depth to make a push for 8th playoff spot. Plus they have the $$$ to pay Jones if he plays well for them.

Milwaukee In: PG Ty Lawson (HOU) + F Sam Dekker (HOU) + G Sasha Vuejacic (NYK)
    People have already pointed out that Ty would allow Bucks to go more uptempo (impact on Monroe???). Plus they would acquire Wisconsin LEGEND Dekker (Malakas - I know we already spoke about this, but it is such a feel good storyline!)

New York Knicks In: PG Greivis Vasquez (MIL) + 2nd round pick from MIL
    Vasquez should be able to handle the triangle. Plus he is an expiring contract that gives Knicks some added cap space. (DFish has not been giving O'Quinn as much burn as of late).

Houston in: F Marvin Williams (CHA) + G O.J. Mayo (MIL) + PG Jerryd Bayless (MIL) + F/C Kyle O'Quinn (NYK)
    Now we are cooking with gas. Would add some 3's, some D, some ball handling (TWSS), and a solid backup F/C. Moreover, it would not hamstring the Rox in 2017 or 2018 in terms of salary cap.

Starters: Mayo // Harden // Ariza // M. Williams // Howard (or Capela - if resting Howard)
    Reserves: Bayless // Beverley // Terry // Thornton // Brewer // Motijunas // O'Quinn // Capela // Harrell (or JSmoove)

You got Harden attacking the rim with Mayo, Ariza, and Williams parked on the three line plus Howard ready for a lob on offense. I would even try to get JSmoove back from the Clippers (and yes I would be willing to part with Harrell to make it happen). Obviously, the starters might lack in defensive presence. But that what the Bench Mob would be for (Beverley // Brewer // JSmoove // O'Quin // Capela). They would be blocked shots and face breaks.

And with that said... it will never happen. ((wonk)) (wonk))

1 person likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just get is a ****ing coach you fat nerd

13. You Stone

You Stone Member

Trade 1:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h7og7qk

The Lakers clear the books and get to go after 3.5 max players instead of 2.5 in the 2016 FA. Durant won't sign in LA to play with average chuckers like Swaggy P and Louis Williams. They get to sell tickets this season with Ty and Kobe, and some cash. Here are the free agents available in 2016 and why the Lakers would really consider this:

http://hoopshype.com/2016/01/16/nba-free-agency-2016-the-top-players/

They can end up signing Durant, Conley, and Whiteside who are all unrestricted FAs and still have room to sign someone like Ryan Anderson and who knows, with a good draft the Lakers are back to contending.

Louis Williams would be great next to Harden. He is a triple threat player who gets to the FT line and doesn't turn the ball over. Swaggy P's contract is the cost of doing business and we might need him if we trade Thornton (which I don't want obviously, but it might be a necessary evil to rebuild this team on the fly).

This trade would mean we are all in for this season and that we would be screwed if Dwight leaves us. I honestly don't care because I doubt many FAs want to sign in Houston.

Trade 2:

14. theredbackpack

i don't doubt that the rockets are looking for some big trades and that probably includes lawson, but isn't the ~real~ reason lawson started was because beverley sprained his ankle? it's not like someone went "oh yeah let's start lawson and put bev in a suit so we can round up some garbage bucks expiring contracts."

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe it. We didn't have a traditional point guard last year and we got far. Morey wants more 3 point jackers. he's all in.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Terry has been starting, when Pat is out. Ty hasn't started since JB became coach.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bayless would be nice, he's on fire from 3 this season.

Mayo seems redundant with Thornton but if we move him to a 3rd team or dump Brewer in a separate trade I could see the fit. Good buy low scenario, hope he gets revitalized on the Rockets, remember this dude could really ball a couple of years ago despite his current play.

Also would like Plumlee as a 3rd big man. Vasquez, meh, known for being like the slowest PG in the league, also having a horrible shooting season(has had good ones though) but is a decent passer.

I'm hoping its something like Lawson + Terry(orKJ) for Mayo, Bayless and Plumlee

1 person likes this.
  18. You Stone

You Stone Member

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

This was the deal I pretty much laid out but also added PHX in the mix to get rid of Brewer and Jones so that we don't have a logjam at the SG position with Harden, Brewer, Thornton and now Mayo. But even if it is just with the Bucks then swing Brewer, Jones and a couple of picks for Ryan Anderson later in the season, I can see that happening.

With that thinking, here is another trade that I would love to see as a Rockets fan with possibly some possibility.

Bucks:
    In: Lawson
    Out: Bayless / Mayo

Bucks get a quality starting point guard in Lawson, who is also an expiring in case it doesn't work out for the price of Bayless and Mayo. To me, that's a trade worth doing because then the Bucks have their point for the next 5 years.

Suns:
    In: Gordon / Jones
    Out: Morris / Teletovic

Suns have been interested in Gordon for a while. Booker has been good for them lately and Gorgon can be an expiring if it doesn't work out. Jones is a player that would fit their system and he is a player that is worth developing and the Suns look to be in a somewhat developing mode. Jones is technically expiring too. Also gets Morris out of there.

Pelicans:
    In: Morris / Brewer
    Out: Anderson / Gordon

Pelicans were probably going to lose Anderson in FA anyway. At least in this trade they get value with Morris on a very fair deal of 8M/Year and Brewer on a slight overpay but on a team friendly declining contract. Also, they get to shed Gorgon's contract for great value. Morris can easily become their starting SF while Brewer goes to be the bench. By doing this, they cleared up their weird log jam at the PG and SG positions with Holliday and Evans being the starters and Brewer as the clear backup SG. They actually cleared cap space in this trade and would be able to go after a max guy in the offseason.

Rockets:
    In: Anderson / Teletovic / Mayo / Bayless
    Out: Brewer / Lawson / Jones

Anderson will be the biggest haul for the Rockets. Instantly becomes out best shooter and a starter on this team. With Anderson's history with Dwight, Morey has to be trying very hard to get Anderson, I would think. Bayless is a nice backup and compliment to both Bev and Harden as he does have a SG mentality but can do a little playmaking. Teletovic can quickly become a favorite if he can show his shooting. Mayo is the wildcard of the trade. On face value, he is merely an expiring and salary filler. But Mayo is the kind of player Morey loves to take chances on to see what they have left. Mayo can quickly become our backup SG and even finish games for us.

Overall, I think this is a trade that is pretty fair to every team. Each team solves some of their problems and gets good value in return.

1 person likes this.
  20. You Stone

You Stone Member