1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Ty Lawson is being showcased for the Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Certainly Mayo and probably Vasquez(just changed agents comes back in 1 week).
    Glad this didnt happen.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about we ignore these draftboy stans who are in favor of the Rockets adding a player due $24 million after this year, who is a knucklehead and only marginally better than TJones.

3. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I like Josh Smith. Not acquiring Markieff in favor of Smoove, let's us dangle TJones/Brewer for cap relief/pick which is what I'm hoping we do-- get a draft pick, maybe a 1 dimensional shooter, and a trade exception. That'd be a great way of controlling costs and optimizing our assets.

$24 million for what 3 years? 8 mil/year is a bargain. I don't know how he's performing this year, but everybody knows he's dogging it. He's a pretty good player when healthy & focused which he would be in a new situation. Definitely would've helped us and been at a bargain rate.

Anyways, I'm happy with Smoove. I really like his rebounding, and p&r defense. Those two we miss the most from our 4 spot. He's also another quasi ball handler and excellent ooper to Dwight and now Capela. That quasi ball handling helped Harden out last year(see Parsons year before).

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

At this point I'd take a 2017 first rounder for Jones. Roster is crowded enough as is, don't need someone else whose ego will be bruised by warming the bench.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, Terry gets the start. So, more confirmation that they were "showcasing" Lawson last game by starting him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another lineup change for the Rockets. Jason Terry and Corey Brewer get the start, along with Capela, Harden, Ariza.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/690695597708324864">January 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well sure, but who would give up a first rounder for him?

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

LOL, what is wrong with JBB? I don't find him a good coach at all.

That's a terrible lineup.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

time for Middleton to come home for good. Morey needs to seal the deal.

9. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Well, Ty Lawson hasn't been a came changer for us. You can't get a game changer for a guy who isn't changing games for the better.

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Resting T-Jones?

If he doesn't play, I'm assuming he's traded. And now are we showcasing Brewer?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they are resting him, he's just not a starting caliber player. Also, they are intentionally going small to start with, if not, Josh Smith would start.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Showcasing Terry and Brewer?!

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I wish that guy had a brain like me. He'd be a stud. He's got all the physical tools.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yikes. That line up lol.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, it's a damn shame to see someone wasting physical talent like that. Even then, his athleticism seems to have taken a step back since the nerve problems he had last year.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

With Howard and DMo out, and they probably aren't counting on Josh for major minutes, JBB knows he will have to go small at some point. He's just deciding to go small at the start. And despite Bev injured, he just likes Lawson/Thornton off the bench, but he'll get his minutes.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I wish you could sell Karl on reuniting with Lawson, and send back Rondo.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Keep Lawson he's playing better and looks a lot more comfortable with Harden. I want to see ty/JH/Ariza/smith/DH.

Anything we get back for Lawson wouldn't be as good as him so I don't see the point in even entertaining getting rid of him plus he's a expiring contract.

19. Chamillionaire

I don't think we'll get fair value for him now. No point trading him when his value is low. Even though we got him for a bag of chips, he's still much much better than anyone we'd get back.