1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Ty Lawson is being showcased for the Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Ty Lawson is a good player that when he is allowed, can run the game. Everyone in the crowd last night was annoyed we J.B. Took Lawson out in the 2nd quarter when the offense was flowing. People wanted him back in quicker then J.B got him back in. Hey J.B!!!!!!!! the second you take Harden out of the game BRING IN Ty!!! There is no reason for them to be sitting on the bench together. If Dwight did not get hurt last night, with the way Harden and Ty played together, Oh and a head coach...we would have won. I still think those 3 will work with a Legit head coach.

2. Dream Shake 81

Just a thought about other ways to think about this...

The showcase for the Bucks.

- Other teams who may be interested in Lawson will be watching, so this could be a scenario where Morey's made some other calls asking teams to tune in.

- To the point of some previous posts.. Showcase for the "$Bucks$"- might be quite literal.

- Don't rule out possible multiplayer negotiations where Ty was not providing the value Morey is pitching.. With this showcase he builds Ty's value for leverage at the minimum.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I agree with you Malakas. You can't give up Brewer. I think you keep him AND T-Jones to later trade them for a vet PF. I'd love to see Brew/Jones for Frye, Pau, Anderson, or Z-Bo..

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Ty led the team with runs last game and as soon as Frauden checked in all momentum stopped and Pistons blew us out

5. Nook

Nook Member

No prominent player is going to willing join this dumpster fire of mediocrity and aimless wandering.

Other than having James Harden, what can Morey sell elite players on??

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

This is the best deal I've seen. Take out Asik and Plumlee though..

7. Nook

Nook Member

Can you give me an example of one impact player the Rockets missed out on because of Alexander being "cheap"?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There's truth to this. I posted it in the game thread when it happened.

(Hell, even Worrell and Drexler were making comments that basically said, "Give Lawson the ball", i.e., Eff off, James.

Harden did come to life in the second half and wound up with an impressive triple double. But it became the typical epic comeback, get tired, give it all back. And, again, my 89 year-old Gramma could have tossed aside her cane and made layups at will against the Rockets last night.

For me, you have to keep one, trade the other.

As Harden is the marketable player and there are probably no other All Stars to be had, well, guess who's going to go.

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

Bye Felicia.

10. Play07

Play07 Member

True PGS would hate Houston offense with no bigs to throw to for a shot

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually true pg's hate houston bc they are going to have to throw it to harden. They love bigs like howard and capella for all the alleys

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

howard, capela, harrell?? put CP3 on this team it would be lob city 2.0

13. basketballholic

It's already set in concrete that we're going to trade out of the luxury tax unless we are able to acquire a third superstar by the deadline. No doubt about it. Whether it is this Lawson trade or moving out other contracts for less incoming salary, we're moving down out of the luxury tax.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Geez, I dunno, but the way they refused to go over the Lux tax line year after year, is pretty much proof enough.

I think they went into it BARELY one year...under 1m, every other year, they have made sure they were under or made deals to get under.

I think this year Les was ready to go all in though - but overall, to those that have been around Les, he is KNOWN to be a tightwad.

DD

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So Bev being hurt had no influence on it at all.

16. alethios

alethios Member

Our issues will not be solved with a trade at this point. Until we fix the coaching, defense and the offense always running through Harden, we will be stuck in mediocrity per usual.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hate to translate this as, "So Harden will always be the reef that sinks us," but since he ain't going nowhere..........we will be stuck in mediocrity.

Until the USA Basketball coaches goose him awake this summer. IF he makes the team.

1 person likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Adrian Dantley part 2 = James Harden.

DD

19. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Houston Out: Lawson/Ariza/Dekker/Beverly and 2018 1st Rounder (lotto protected)
    Houston In: T.Harris/V.Oladipo/Mo Williams

Cleveland Out: K. Love and Mo Williams
    Cleveland In: Ariza/Frye/Beverly

Orlando Out:Harris/Oladipo/Frye
    Orlando In: K.Love/Lawson/Dekker/ 2018 1st Rounder

Houston moves Harden to PG with Oladipo manning the 2 and Harris manning the 3. Both are on good contracts. Morey goes for it all on this trade.

Cleveland drops the dead weight of K. Love for a SF they are in dire need. They can also move Lebron the PF. Fry can also fill in for a stretch 4 to replace Love.

Orlando gives up a lot of young players here but they get potentially 2 all star players with Lawson and Kevin Love. A future first round pick and a young prospect. Plus, they get out of Frye's contract.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Watch the game it's lied tally the only play we can run to our bigs, 50% of time lane is crowed when the bounce pass happens and it leads to a turnover.