1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

mikenm268, HP3, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I saw how he bullied Trump, begging him for federal assistance.

Poor Donald, I dont think he was ready to have his ass kissed with that much violence.

Tilly is a warrior.

3. DonatelloLimestone

Like father like son, really warms my heart.

""I think Daryl’s one of the best general managers in the league," Feritta said. "Plus, we truly enjoy working with each other. To this day, we plan on working with each other and I expect Daryl to be here for years to come.""

"“Daryl Morey’s job is safe, and I’m sure he’s going to pick the right head coach,” Fertitta said of Morey’s job to find a replacement for Mike D’Antoni, who announced he would not return to the Rockets.

“It begins and ends with the general manager,” Fertitta said. “You can talk to me about business all day long, but I personally wouldn’t know which coach to hire. That’s why you have a basketball operations team that’s made up of half a dozen people that use all kind of analytics and experience.”

He added, “I’m the signoff guy, that’s it.”

also him:
    "
    My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’

The one thing I believe you do in business, and you do in basketball, is you never sit still. You always keep it exciting."

Boy I hope he doesn't 'never sit still' during our rebuild.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly surprised that the son of a billionaire and set to be CEO of an NBA team, isn't more active on Twitter.

Joined in 2014 and only has 1,262 followers? Them's rookie numbers.

5. DonatelloLimestone

I'd say the opposite. most rich folks are smart enough to have a buffer between them and bad PR and direct questions. When things go well like get a ring, you can sweep in and be the hero. When things go terribly wrong you can put in on the GM you hired at a high price to be the face/fall guy and replace em.

Most of the big money houston folks you almost never hear from. They have kids they are at games or what not, but it takes a self selected type to goto the press, agree on interviews, goto the news each week, seek out a reality show. That takes a deliberate branding effort bc most can just say no and enjoy their billions. Guys like Marc Cban are an exception and he just comes off as far more intelligent and honest in his communication than Tilman does. Some people just don't have 'it', even when they think they do.

kdchilds, charlieaustin and mike2k132 like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It's Rafel call, always.....

....unless something happens to go right, by chance.

#486 Zboy, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rockets-name-julian-duncan-chief-marketing-strategy-officer

HOUSTON – The Houston Rockets today announced they have hired Julian Duncan as their Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer. He most recently served as Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Vice President of Social Responsibility for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

In addition to directing the team’s marketing, promotional, and branding efforts, Duncan will also oversee fan experience, digital content, retail, and community engagement.

“Julian has a proven track record for brand innovation and leadership.” said Rockets President of Business Operations Gretchen Sheirr. “We believe Julian’s impact will resonate not only within our organization and fanbase, but throughout the Houston community.”

“As a native Houstonian, it is a dream come true to have the opportunity to come back home and join the Rockets,” said Duncan. “I am excited to be part of an organization with such a rich history and to help build upon a brand that is endeared by Rockets fans across the globe.”

Duncan played football at Rice University while double-majoring in Sport Management and English. He earned an MBA from Rice’s Jones Graduate School of Business in 2006.

Following a stint as a player in NFL Europe and the Canadian Football League, Duncan returned to Houston as a business analyst in the energy field. He later joined Nike’s Marketing Development Program and became their Global Brand Director. During his time at Nike and later Under Armour, Duncan’s work promoted the brands of numerous athletes and cultural icons, including LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Serena Williams, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Along with a collection of global CMOs, Duncan serves on the steering committee and advisory board for Adweek’s Brandweek platform, whose mission is to catalyze the growth and development of marketeers worldwide through event experiences, online and print engagement, mentorship, and training.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Prolly one of the rare @cyberx misses

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I bet Julian Duncan goes out of his way to recommend Jalen Green! That would make his job easy peasy!

BossHogg713 likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

How is it a miss on his part?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

This is what Cyber said, and I dont know how this is untrue lol.

12. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

You hit the nail on the head here. It doesn't feel organic it's like they're force feeding us into being the official first family of Houston.

Richie_Rich likes this.