1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Well, there you go! All the better. I’m sold now.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When was this announced, or even reported? Of course there's no reaction to something that isn't even out there. Good lord. Yes, you're missing a lot. I'm talking about when news comes out, the tendency to be incredibly condescending, personal, and nasty to journalists without considering that their job is to provide context to various decisions.

napalm06 and ico4498 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's easy. Patrick has exactly 0 qualifications, now if you want look into getting a free basic room at Golden Nugget LC or a spot by the pool. He's your plug

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you mind going to the D&D? I really hate when politics makes it's way into the GARM. I know the majority of us in the GARM do not care to read through the political BS. Yes, we can skip over reading it, the problem is that some other individual that has no self control will also start responding to this post and then there goes the thread. I understand you are not the only one and also started posting commenting on someone else's post, I just happen to be able to quote you first.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think his point is that it's easy for us to throw flames here when there's no real life consequences for whatever we post. For those who actually have to interact with the organization, it's a very different story.

napalm06, harold bingo and The Cat like this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I guess the search firm disagreed.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The search firm of Tilman makes no difference bc he isn't even the right person to be an owner of a pro sports franchise. In which case, a dumbass leads it

8. The Cat

Because it hasn't happened yet?

ico4498 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  9. H.D.

H.D. Member

Republicans will tell poor black kids to work harder.

Nook likes this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

We''re not 'haters'. I was ECSTATIC when he bought the team from Les. With the money growing, I was worried some outsider would come in and have no connection or emotional allegiance to houston. To get a season ticket holder houstonian with our team ripe to at least shoot for a ring was IMO the best case scenerio. I did a little diving and read about him screwing over contractors or that he fought in court to not give tigers he put in the middle of downtown outdoors and I figured ok, hes a harsh businessguy, it is what it is, but the rockets? thats an emotional connection, none of the new age billionaire buy this team to make a daily profit, its a legacy buy, a show case buy, and when you're in your window the accepted knowledge is you go all in and then you save money later, capitalize on that brand like many title holders that are serious have done. Heck lacob has half the net worth(not liquidity I know) that tilman does and he contineus to invest like a start up like tesla focusing on brand and culture and astronimical cost. WE didn't even have to do that.

But from his very first offseason when we were one game from the finals, ignored our bird rights, didn't use them to add talent, ignored 10 million in TPE, didn't even swing, ignored our MLE, replaced our glue guys with minimum contracts and then EVEN traded those minimum players for nothing, literally a top 55 protected pick, drove off our associate head coach Bzdelik, cut staff. I get wind we're being run in his typical business model like his mediocre restaurant, Get a good enough entertainment draw(stars pay for themselves, bring revenue, attention), skimp on the margins, water down the drinks(role players, staff, cohesion, culture!- things that don't make the headlines), and focus on profits.

TF" “All my haters love to say, ‘Oh, his food sucks’ or whatever. But we’re consistent. The hot food’s hot, the cold food’s cold, the music’s right, the property’s clean. You don’t have burned-out lights, you don’t have cigarettes by the front door, you don’t have trash in the parking lots. You know what you’re going to get.”

-not a guy focusing on excellence.

Thus now we have rookie GM(who I like), Coach(who I like) but anyone with clout and history, our CEO, GM, Assistant Gm, Associate HC, HC, Stars, vets have all left out of a GREAT CITY.

Yea, but tillman is totally 'TrolLinG hiS HaTeRs", its odd that someone on the ROCKETS message board doesn't get he is apart of us as the losing end in all of this, 90 percent of the moves didn't give us future cap space, didn't help the coach, stars, hell the fans had prices raised on us, they all went to one man, and thats during our 'window'

I hope to hell that was some blasphemous burn down learning lesson and he does better because save for a Sterling situation, he isn't going anywhere. Very creative with debt.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Man, I hope I am wrong on this one. Goodness..

DVauthrin, Deuce, slothy420 and 12 others like this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s the richest man in the world. I guess he probably knows a thing or two about surrounding himself with the best, most qualified, and most diverse people. Patrick seems to check all of those boxes. Can’t wait to watch him work his magic and turn us into the Harlem Globetrotters of basketball!

13. DonatelloLimestone

We should be smarter, Tilman is all about his brand, not every billionaire volunteers to have a reality show, tries to go talk to the media every chance he can and be the face. He wants to be a 'celeb'. Lets use american market forces to voice our displeasure, sadly with my emotional allegiance and connection to the rockets, I will never stop watching or rooting for this TEAM, but the ownership, be it Les or TF has one damn job, sign the checks, shut up and listen, when we're rebuilding like now, count your money thats fine.

We shoudl pull in for a CF billboard in a visible place, one month, and something civil. Elon please come to the rockets, Rockets deserve better, something subtle and powerful that he can see, most casuals don't see the watering down on the margins and cohesion "but he PaiD foR WesTbRooK or PauL" not seeing the non headliner moves that have led to rings for almost every team in title history.

14. The Cat

Correct. The comment wasn't meant to criticize any of you, there are many extremely intelligent people here. It was to distinguish between @NicePoster69 throwing napalm on here at an organizational decision and Jonathan Feigen writing something along similar lines in the city's newspaper, and why the latter is a lot harder to do.

Easy likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

He didn't get that way with a pro sports organization that he's destroyed in less than 3 years. oh and the richest man in the world doesn't have boatloads of loans. Patrick checks 0 boxes

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Globetrotters of basketball. Wait and see!

17. DonatelloLimestone

WE need to create a chant like Dolan gets. We don't want to turn our backs on OUR Team, we don't want to disrespect the staff and players who put their heart out, or even the great tank commander leading us backwards to the lottery, they do their jobs. but the guy who watered down the franchise drove away solid players and staff, should hear it, as he raises money on oru tickets and we still go because we love the rockets before him, after him, before les, after les, this ain't about him. We'll see if Dollar Value Dolan handles a SELL THE TEAM chant, or LUXURY TAX SAVINGS CHant from entire CF at the game

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think we all knew this was coming at some point, but not this soon. Reading through this thread I'm laughing at the posters asking about his "qualifications", the kid is 25 years old. He is not old enough to possibly have any experience that qualifies him for this job.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

...and Don Julio and Mr. Patrón.

tinman likes this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

Dolan Spends too, he is an egomaniac, lack awareness, ass hole like tillman. But he spends which is maybe the most an owner can offer his team in this league. We got Dollar Value Dolan who also wants to be the face and will take interviews and plaster himself all over, lie to the fan base about almost everything to anyone who will still eat out of his ass, all while cheapning and watering down the product.

Almost anyone with clout, respect in this league, CEO, Gm, Assistant GM, Goach, Associate Coach, Stars, VEts have all left. We got rookies in all our positions, the Landry's Rockets ladys and gentleman

[​IMG]