1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seems like sort of a bizarre first official title to give your son if you want him to have any sort of credibility in the league. How is someone who claims to be this marketing wiz this stupid in terms of marketing his own son?

My understanding is that Tad Brown's role was primarily on the brand of the team, etc. Managing the direction of media markets, advertising partner relationships, ticket sales revenue goal setting, broadcasting partner mgmt, etc. etc.

Obviously nobody in the world thinks Tillman's kid can manage all that. Or is the Role supposed to be more of a visionary role like how you'd want a normal CEO to be sort of the lead sales person for the company and brand? Does Tillman's son have that sort of gravitas?? Those are literally the only two profiles for a CEO traditionally or even untraditionally (IE Tad Brown's role).

So what the hell is he doing with the team, and what value is he bringing to franchise??? Because it seems to me that Tillman giving him the title CEO is setting him up to just be a laughing stock when he could have just given him a role as assistant to the GM or something like that which defines some sort of skillset and defined role in the organization.

This is stupid, and I agree.... not the kind of news I've grown to love getting from Cyber.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not surprised by this. I would expect his first choice was a clone of himself. However, discovering that cloning technology is not all the way there (or legal) he has opted for his offspring. It has nothing to do with his ego.

3. amaru

amaru Member

This is why Morey, Harden and Brown “nope’d” TF out of here! Dark days ahead. :D

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But like.....what if he's good?? *ducks for cover*

Nook likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Make sure to write your name on your resume, so that the lady in HR realizes your dad, is her boss."

Life-changing. Absolutely life-changing.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In for the hype/drama

cyber , you are a little ****-stirrer lol ;)

what , things were getting too boring for you here ?

I saw this thread pop up this morning and smiled .

still haven’t read much , like a good **** , I’m gonna keep letting it Develop

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No, pass me his number

8. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

f this loser. god I would kill to have les back

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don and HP3 were involved in a robbery in South Africa that did not go well -- Leo is pissed.

You do not piss off Leo.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I don't think a piece examining Patrick Fertitta's background and comparing his career trajectory with other team presidents, or children of owners would necessarily be controversial, would it? Wouldn't Rockets fans want to know more about the thinking involved in this decision? Don't we have some gaps in our understanding of how the franchise is operating right now?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course. Patrick will be the new head coach.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

Works in theory or idea, but the nba has blocked the amount o minority owners or groups after Kings where randive got it while only putting up some 40 million.

It also makes a lot of sense. This isn't a typical market situation. Just like the knicks, we can be disgusted with the product, disgusted with the leadership, yet still have the emotional allegiance, geographical connection that won't go away, so essentially its set up where we are at the mercy of the benevolence of some guy. Clippers and Nets lucked out their guy bought in and wanted to win, as did warriors. Rockets some how got the dollar value dolan and are told to shut up and listen. The most an ownership can provide is finances, they are pretty replaceable with the current revenues and demand of a solid franchise, if youre going to constantly brag and talk in the media, plaster your face everywhere, back it the F up. Christ, never imagined this would happen when a fellow Houstonian took over .

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This seems so logical for Mr. Tilman I keep forgetting it is an insider rumor.

Nook likes this.
  14. DonatelloLimestone

Hey its True, sometimes it works out and you just have amazing genes right?
    Ivanka solved so many womens issues while playing government,
    Jared, the original Lori Loughlin, fixed the israel palesinian issues, VA, Small business practices, and so many other great things.

The lack of self awareness and the entitlement of some of these people born on third base thinking they hit a triple is really something, It isn't surprising, but whats wost is when they impose it on others and people cheer it on like we're the god Damn Uk, I don't care what the beliefs are, how we end up cheering this stuff is tribalism at its worst. Mostly, don't put it on our damn rockets. I hope we're not the texans in the making!

[​IMG]

15. DonatelloLimestone

https://abc13.com/tilman-fertitta-michael-patrick-rockets/2704534/

"
    The only question which seemed to catch them off guard was whether they would call themselves Houston's most eligible bachelors.

"Truly, it's the hardest question you could have asked. It's the one I'm going to get in trouble for," said the Fertittas. "I'll plead the 5th on that one. I'll plead the 5th.""

Sex sells man, rockets to the moon....chirp....

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

How can you all just assume that Patrick wasn’t the most qualified candidate? I’m sure Tilman probably hired a search firm, and I’m guessing that firm probably had professional head hunters putting out feelers to attract the best people, and so if Patrick got the job over all those people, he must be better than you guys are giving him credit for. My only problem is that he isn’t a very diverse hire. I don’t think he is at least. Maybe he is though! We just don’t know. I say trust the process. We are probably very lucky to have the owners son in that position.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Awesome. I picked the right year to stop following the team.

Richie_Rich and pugsly8422 like this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

https://time.com/4753986/ivanka-trump-womens-20-summit-berlin-germany-read-transcript/

[​IMG]

This isn't even about political sides, because Hunter biden is an absolute embarssment. If only pops would be as sympathetic to others in jail for what hunter gets 'therapy' and writes a book too, but the pictures above, notice anyone who ****ing stands out at the g7 summit, or the g20?

Any other advisors take picture front and center? Closest America gets through a monarchy since King George and half the country cheered it on? make the case for policies, this isn't left or right, but that was embarassing for our country.

now to have this guy bleed into Rockets culture just sucks, not surprising given how 3 years went, sucks.

I haven't read anything official. I hope its not real. If so, I wish teh best for him, just like with the current owner, bc rockets in the hand of them, but the last 3 years does not leave anyone confident

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't have any relationship whatsoever with Tilman, and I'm happy to talk with you on the phone, whenever you like, to answer any questions you may have about me specifically and my relationship (or lack thereof) with the team, my thoughts on the organization, etc.

Somehow, I think you'll decline the offer and continue to be incredibly rude and condescending to a stranger you've never met and know nothing about.

#199 The Cat, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    slothy420 and RustyHarden like this.
  20. DonatelloLimestone

I've heard he has some native american in him.

Hank McDowell likes this.