1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. ThaShark316_28

Also, ain't that damned hard. It's different for everyone. I got to see them win it all twice. Hard is Cleveland. This **** here is another setback. 20 years is a long time, but when you remember it like yesterday, it ain't that damned hard.

1 person likes this.
  2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This is what I keep coming back to watching this series vs GSW. It took LeBron a while to finally get over that hump. It's unrealistic to think Harden could do it any sooner while carrying the offensive load in the Western Conference.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Pen and Teller don't hang out together either, it doesn't stop them from putting on a show whenever they are on stage. Dwight and Harden aren't the problem, if anything the rest of the Rockets are the problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Also in game one with Warriors, Harden said he didn't even know Dwight had the knee injury during the game, he was focus on getting the guying to beat the Warriors. Dwight was out the whole 4th and you didn't notice. yeah there's something there.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Which is what I keep bringing up when talking about Curry's MVP. His numbers are essentially the same as last year's but his team is winning more now. Why? What changed? The team is the same except for the coaching staff. There's more of an argument to be made for Kerr to win COY than Curry winning MVP when he put up the same numbers last year and wasn't considered an MVP candidate then.

6. daernoth

daernoth Member

This question needs an answer.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....FWIW, the rumors are that Blake and Chris Paul aren't tight either. I would go so far as to say more often than not, stars sharing the team in general have awkward relationships. The thing that makes them superstars is their competitiveness and that also can be competitive too a fault when it comes to supporting superstar teammates.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Can it be the "last thing", like forever? Please?

1 person likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I agree with you and glimmer. Howard just might not see it that way he might not feel the same way because of the window he has. He might not want or feel like he should just wait for harden to get over the hump.

10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Howard might not feel that way but he doesn't necessarily have the luxury of choosing among all contenders. Among the good playoff teams, I don't exactly see where he would slide in and improve his prospects of winning a title above what he has in Houston.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

you are more than welcome to put on ignore. I dont know why guys do that to yourselves. I cant handle the cheke

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

How the hell do you make a post like this and intentionally not specify the player and only use a pronoun? What a troll move cyber.

Anyway, Harden might be pissed like I am that we reverted to the Dwight post-up and ruining the offense, while Harden is standing on the perimeter and forced to watch that garbage.

They are clearly not compatible players as evidenced by the recent ESPN video by Tom Haberstroh.

13. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

I think don't anybody should ever compare Harden to Lebron. That is a joke. Harden will never ever be on Lebron level. He might have some spectacular games like the first and second warriors game but all they have to do is put someone taller and as quicker as James and he would fold like game 3. Just watch game 4.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It doesn't matter what happens off the court. But it doesn't seem like these guys communicate that much on the court. That goes for the rest of the team at times too.

15. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Kyrie has said him and lebron dont hang out as much.

I mean they in nba time their both from 2 different generations. As long as they dont start going at each others neck HOU is good

16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Howard refuses to run the pick and roll

17. brooksstephens

I appreciate insights like this from CyberX because it shows the true colors of some of the more active posters here. It's cringe-worthy for those few posters, but valuable information imo

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not a knock on Kerr, but two other huge things happened: Draymond absorbing David Lee's minutes and having an absolutely breakout season, and GSW having what may be the best overall health in the league this season. Those things certainly helped.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

No, I would argue it's much harder to have high hopes and be disappointed by the end results for 20 years than to have no hope for part of that time. Pre-Lebron Cleveland fans had no aspirations of anything but a return to the lottery. Houston has had a number of teams that showed the promise to be a legit contender only to underperform on big stages. I would say roughly 15 of the last 20 seasons ended is some sort of disappointment relative to the team not meeting expectations.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

They = Harden and the team

He = Dwight