1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. MistaK

MistaK Member

And how often does that happen??? More often than not our offense goes to s**t when Harden sits. Look no further than last night's game and how close the Warriors got when Harden was sitting. When everyone hits their shots at an above average clip, sure they may be able to hold a lead or in the case of that miraculous comeback squeak out a win, but that rarely ever happens. At least with Harden on the floor, everyone else gets open looks and if worse comes to worst you have one guy out there who can break down a defense.

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

If players are mocking Dwight for his mental fragility and allowing himself to be taken out of the game with physical play or whatever then that is just silly. I get it, but they should walk a game in his shoes and taken the pounding he gets and get called for silly touch fouls on the other end. See who's not going to retaliate. This is where the NBA bias is clearly showing, they protect the players they want and no way you could be this physical with Curry, Lebron or Wade.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is not his job. He is 6ft 5 inches, but he does get blocks when we need them.

4. MistaK

MistaK Member

I think both Howard and Harden have been good to great this entire postseason. However its easier to be 'consistent' when you are averaging 16 pts per, than when you are 28 pts per and when you have entire defenses focused on stopping you.

Fact is, that Howard doesn't demand the respect he used to as an offensive player. He is still one of the most physically dominant players in the league though and should dominate any center he faces.

Neither player is perfect, but then who is? All I want is for Dwight to improve on is his FT shooting, because frankly it is getting ridiculous - it feels like he is getting worse by the game. Other than his FT shooting he needs to cut out his mindless goal tends (usually 1 per game - but hey its consistent at least) and needs to stop picking up unnecessary fouls (he has been in the league long enough to play smarter).

5. saleem

No doubt about what you are saying, but we need him and Harden to be at their near best most of the time in order to win.
    I hope Dwight won't be suspended for Game 5. There is no way we can win without him.

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I dont think o, game 3 it was more of surprise to him how they defended him and it took away from what he had planned, but he adjusted quite well, plus his shot was just deadly tonight....he has been great 95 % of the games this year i dont think he has an off switch just off games, sure he might not attack as much in some games which he has to do every game in the playoffs, but at the same time defenses know he is our offense , they will do anything to stop him so off games will happen but not alot

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Last postseason...
    Dwight had a 62.5 FT%
    this year...
    39.5%

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

9. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Interesting post game from McHale on how Harden responded to his game 3 performance: "There's no reason to take it out on your team mates, your coaches, your trainers. You take it out on your opponent and that's what he did."

If James has not tried to put some blame on others, why would McHale say that since there was nothing in the question regarding frustration or blaming others?

In other words, has Harden tried to blame others? Probably yes and let's hope he learns from it and understands that he's responsible for himself and he can have a great game every single game.

10. saleem

Man, that's just terrible.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He was talking about his frustration man. People tends to take their frustrations out on the people that are close to them. So let's not read into what McHale said as him saying Harden was blaming everybody else for that terrible loss.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Dwight put Blake on his ass and changed the last series. I wish he could so the same to draymon but he had too much flagrants alerady

13. saleem

I believe you are trying to read something that is not there. James is excellent at times, and inconsistent at others. Maybe, he just kept quiet and put all his energy against GSW. No one can have a great game every time. Shots come and go, but effort on defense should be consistent. Defense can create offense. It's natural to get discouraged, but I hope James and all our players will keep on fighting till the end. That is the only thing, that I am asking for.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I was there at the warm ups, those two were just so loose with each other and no sort of "disconnect" between them. Sorry brah your sources are meh.

15. Zbed

Zbed Member

They are constantly dapping each other up after a good play there has been no bad body language (from what I've seen) or heated arguments on the court I think they are fine. Thanks for the info as always cyber.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Heard this morning from my source that Dwight and James didn't sit next to one another while eating breakfast. Time to blow up the team, Murree.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dwight will never be best buddies with any other superstar he plays with for as long as he's in the league. They will have to rely on each other so much that it's always going to get contentious at times.

That being said, Harden is probably the best personality type to match up to Dwight. He's a very willing passer, and super laid back personality whose team will have his back.

I think the lob last night just confirms that they will agree on something that will make this work out as long as the goal is winning... Which it obviously looks that way.

18. bmd

bmd Member

I'm going to chalk that up to his recovery from his injury.

Also, he's back to throwing darts again instead of shooting like he was last postseason...

19. RCPM

RCPM Member

Pathetic "look at me" thread.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It was also just one round. He shot well in the Dallas series.