1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets will match on DMo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

R u kidding me? Billy King and Bobby marks are the worst GM in this league. Smh

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

How is he going to play? The Rockets have so many bigs. Is Dekker going to be moved back to small forward position?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When we go small, Donuts could play the 5, and Dekker could play the 4. That's one example. I'm more concerned about chemistry. Some players are going to lose minutes. No way around it. Heck, Motiejunas might be unhappy with the minutes he gets while getting worked into lineup. How the team adapts will tell us a lot. One thing going for us is the large number of guys who have already played with him.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you talking about Sean Marks, the current Nets GM? This is a retired Bobby Marks, who just watches the league now working with Woj and TheVertical ... and was just Asst GM. Just checking if we're talking about the same Marks (the Current GM or the retired Asst GM)

Saying his comments on an offer sheet are invalid, because he was asst of some of the worst trades ever, is like saying Doug Collins or McHale are terrible TV Analysts because they sucked as coaches.

Bobby Marks knows what he is talking about wrt reading offer sheets. He's one of the primary reasons Woj and TheVerticle have so many league sources.

#364 heypartner, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Kiddsir likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

DMo no showed for his physical this morning

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

need holic to explain why. The only opinion I trust.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is absolutely not true and nonsense.

8. heypartner

Who was Woj's source for providing details on the Nets Offer Sheet?

Bobby Marks

That's a fact. Marks actually read it. How did he get a copy of the Offer Sheet before Woj? League Sources. Marks was a "League Source" for 20 years.

Regardless, he is *very* qualified to make the statement that signing the QO was better for DMo.

#368 heypartner, Dec 6, 2016
  9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Bobby Marks was jobless when Woj was posting the NBA draft picks 8 minutes before they were announced.

Its not saying Bobby Marks did not know what he is talking about, but he has NOTHING to do with what Woj had been doing for years.

He got hired because what he is good at is not the specialties of Woj nor Woj want to spend much time on.

10. heypartner

Jobless....like he needed a job...what? you think Yahoo is paying him the big bucks.

I'm not dismissing Woj's contacts. I'm sorry I said "primary reasons." I should have said Bobby Marks is a prime example of Woj's network of contacts into the League Office.

btw: Woj never posted 8 minutes before announced. Never. He just knows when Silver knows, and tweets it before. I'm not going to get into an argument about this. Take it somewhere else.

#370 heypartner, Dec 6, 2016