1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets reached out to Lionel Hollins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2016.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Really? His farther figure needs to be black? Lol. Hollins is intriguing imo. If we strike out on durant I would like to chase after Conley and Barnes and whiteside not sure how the cap would work tho. For any of y'all who would love defense and heart and hustle there is no better option really than Hollins grit and grind style.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Let's be honest, half the board will hate whoever comes here and will use any failure as confirmation bias to reaffirm their belief. We had people bumping a fire coach thread in a 56 win season that took us to the WCF, lol.

3. T_Man

T_Man Member

Barnes and Harden on the SAME TEAM????

[​IMG]

T_Man

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on!!! Hollins is high school compared to Van Gundy!!

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

maybe gundy doesn't want to coach and this is all we have?

6. ibm

ibm Member

i really, reeeeally hope that's not the case.

but i cant comprehend what the rockets are waiting for.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He clashed with managment because he refused to listen to their input about analytics.

Ofc if Morey himself has talked to him that means that he's confident that he will listen now.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Wonder if Conley really likes him.

Could be an incentive to sign him.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Same.

I cant see Les Alexanders big splash signing to be Hollins. He likes big names.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not my first choice but yeah, what's wrong with Hollins? Half of you are fawning over Dave Joerger in Memphis, hoping they fire him or gets released from is contract.

11. malakas

malakas Member

yeah if we wait until July to speak to Durant we will be left with very few and bad choices.
    By then the Kings, Knicks and perhaps Pacers will have chosen a coach.

Why should a good coach who has other offers wait for 2 months for us?

12. malakas

malakas Member

I said above but what's wrong with him was that he was extremely stubborn who clashed with managment because he didn't like the analytics department to even give him input or interfere with his job.

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's not a news, everyone know Morey will give Lionel a interview

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*waves hand* ;)

#JoergerBandwagon

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

And if that's his stance, then he won't interview here or get the job here. If he's so set in his ways, why would he listen to what Houston has to say?

Or he'll learn from his past, not totally give in but change his ways and he'll get an interview.

Or the flip side. If the Rockets thought he was so stubborn, wouldn't listen to the front office and take input, I doubt they'd even bother/waste time with him.

Ha, you aren't the only one.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Jesus Christ Almighty, take it easy. You'll give yourself an aneurysm. I was just joking.

The only thing I wonder is if Hollins' dismissive attitude concerning analytics will play here. It's one thing to take a chance on a hard-nosed coach. It's quite another to hire one who thinks your entire philosophy is foolishness.

17. malakas

malakas Member

yup.
    Or they will talk to him to inquire and check IF he has changed his stance and how willing he is now to listen. Especially to such an interfering managment.
    You don't lose anything by giving him an interview. Doesn't mean he will get the job, but Morey could see if he has improved in that area.

I mean according to some journalists we will also give interviews to the likes of Mark Jackson. One who has the bad aspects of Hollins but even more negatives.

The reason Joerger has survived in Memphis when Hollins didn't was precisely that. He was willing to cooperate with the FO and the anaytics department.

18. dje243

dje243 Member

Smug "English as a second language" guy is always a fun bit. Good stuff :grin:

19. Fantasma Negro

If he's interviewing Hollins, its probably for an assistant gig. Hollins being a defensive guy tells me that JVG is probably not going to be our next head coach and that its leaning more towards Blatt, which I'm totally ok with

20. Louka

Louka Member

Don't worry, bud. Not a single other team has their eye on him. We may end up with him yet!