1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets reach out to Wolves about Saric

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’d make our Best Butler Offer for Saric and Covington. Maybe w/o Thibs and continued mediocre play, they reconsider. I like Covington that much and want to honor Harden’s big year that much, by rewarding Harden with a legit All-NBA Defense wing

Back in October I wouldn’t have, but now that I see The Harden explosion, I’d go all in with those picks we offered for Jimmy.

As for Saric alone,,,yeah, I’m down for that, too.

Smacktle, BMoney, IvanLCPM and 10 others like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

first round pick+ennis or something. Apparently they want a pick and a useful player. We can absorb Saric with a TPE so I would be all about trying to get him for a 1st

Haymitch likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

• Lately when the Rocket are reaching out it ends up being nothing but a reach-a-round.

4. justtxyank

Yeah I don't know if they would even consider it really but I'd be all in on those guys.

I could build two trades:
    Gordon and picks for Saric/Covington
    Knight and 1 pick for Burks

Lowers the luxury ta (Yay Tilman!) and makes the team better (Yay the rest of us!)

5. psman2

psman2 Member

Houston In: Dieng, Saric, Prince
    Houston Out: Knight, Chriss, Hartenstein, 2019 1st, next 2nd available

Minny In: Knight, Hartenstein, 2nd
    Minny Out: Saric, Dieng

Atlanta In: Chriss, 2019 Hou 1st
    Atlanta Out: Prince

This is something I would like to see. Bring in some youth at thin positions.

Garner likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If only Ennis were useful!

slothy420 and justtxyank like this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

I wonder how the team really feels about that Andrew Wiggins contract. It's horrid.

That Chris Paul contract also feels bad, but butter than Dieng and arguably Wiggins (shorter and is actually good at basketball)

My guess is there is a couple levels of trade talks happening here: a Saric for Chriss + first rounder + second rounder type deal and something much larger.

Still playing around with it in the Trade Machine to see if anything reasonable pops out.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We dont have time to wait for 5 years to wait for someone to develop. Our time is now.

Green is a better shooter and a better defender.

Saric is a better play maker but thats not high on the priority list compared to what Green brings.

harold bingo and BaselineFade like this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Because J Green can switch and defend. Saric would be great for our offense, but I also worry about him having to switch and becoming a defensive liability. Defense has been in issue in Minny already.

Zboy likes this.
  10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree. We need a true defensive stopper with length. they are hard to find and worth the price. he is a perfect fit for this team and would give us a chance at a championship.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Garner

Garner Member

I like this structure, but the challenge here is that Atlanta is not getting anything worthwhile. If you're the Hawks, the best you could reasonably hope out of Houston's crappy first rounder is a player around Taurean's caliber. It's the definition of treading water.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

green is a better defender yeah but isn't a better shooter than saric. it really comes down to what someone prefers. another shooter with playmaking abilities. or an athletic rebounding defender. both have uses on this team. atm I would prefer a versatile defensive big but saric wouldn't be bad assuming they don't give up significant pieces for him

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. Fail on my part. I guess I don't see that as enough.

topfive likes this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn’t Covington make more sense? I mean we still need a long defensive wing. I thought thought Morey said upgrading the 3 was our main priority before the deadline. If I’m giving up a first to Minny, Covington would have to be involved imo.

15. justtxyank

Of course we would want Covington.

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I hope is for Saric and Covington

Deckard and justtxyank like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Green is shooting 39.6% from three this season, 36.1% career. 48.4% overall this season and 47.9% career.

Saric is shooting 34.5% from three this season, 35.3% career. 41.2% overall this season and 42.9% career.

How is Green NOT a better shooter??

BigMaloe, ImG, kevtse and 2 others like this.
  18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Credit to him for taking advantage of all the minutes they gave while they were tanking for those three seasons. He's turned into a prime Battier-esque player (average PER/top-10 in RPM). Unfortunately, a player of his skill set is no longer undervalued/overlooked like Battier was when they traded for him, so it's going to be more difficult to acquire Covington in today's NBA

napalm06 and justtxyank like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Number of attempts bro.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bc Green is a completely different shooter. he's the type of player left wide open and only attempts maybe 2 a game. saric is the type of shooter guys like harden/cp3 or simmons/embiid can continuously kick out to and can shoot in rhythm. The % don't tell the entire aspects here.

%'s don't always tell the entire story. Rose is shooting 41% from 3 this season. That's elite. But anyone who knows him as a player would never consider him an elite shooter.

hakeem94 likes this.