1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

How many times has a team traded away a star player that's injured? I can't recall any. If a team is smart they'd know not to trade an injured player because their value is nil or a fraction of what it should be. It's smarter to just wait it out for them to heal and then get better value once they've healed. I can't see any reason why Cleveland would even think of trading Love now after the injury since they won't be getting anything near his value in return.

2. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

D-rock likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

D-rock likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

What scapegoat reasons are you talking about? Dude shot 28% in the entire playoffs, had 0s 2 games in the series against Spurs and couldn't guard LMA who was undoubtedly Spurs' best player in the playoffs and carried them to a win. Best player in game 2? First of all that game was a loss and secondly he was -26 that game. Easily best player my ass.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderry01/gamelog/2017/

What are the claims there? Those are just facts. I'm not a hater of Ryan Anderson I am neutral on him. If he wakes up today and starts scoring 18 pts a game and grabbing 9 rebs a night I would be the first to campaign to get him to stay. I don't have any feelings on Anderson that's why I can judge him objectively. Shooting 28% in the playoffs and not being able to guard his man are objectively bad. That is really all there is to it. Serious question if Anderson can guard LMA you think MDA will put Ariza on LMA?

The reality is you are just a sick, sick homer of Ryan Anderson. You don't care whether the team wins or loses as long as Ryan Anderson is playing. Look at your posts, ignoring Anderson's overall pathetic performance in the playoffs and focusing on the outliers. "Hey Anderson put us up over in OT on game 5 let's ignore that that was probably his only good game in the series. It ain't his fault, he had that one good game in a 5 game series" :rolleyes:

If Anderson was as good as you say he is Morey wouldn't be working to trade him. Look at Capela the Rox even went so far as to say they were turning down trade offers for Capela. In Anderson's case the Rox were letting out leaks that they were trying to deal him away since the off season. It got so bad reporters even asked Anderson how he felt with all the trade rumors before the season started. So no, Anderson didn't do well at all during last year's playoffs and he will be even worse this year.

RyanB likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kent Bazemore was an heir apparent to Trevor Ariza, and Al Horford is an elite floor spacing Center.

Ryan Anderson is clearly an elite shooter. All you have to do is turn on one game and watch how blanketed he is every night. I guarantee you that every team in the NBA has one massive bullet on their battle board that reads, "For the love of Christ, do not leave Ryan Anderson open". If you don't get Draymond Green out of the paint with an elite stretch four, there is no way that we are beating GSW. He is just way too disruptive, even when you have Paul & Harden handling the ball. We need to make it a 2 on 2 game with Zaza defending the pick and roll, and then force GSW to go small with Draymond at C, so we can completely destroy them with our Paul/Gordon/Harden/Ariza/Moute/Tucker GSW death squad.

Do you really think we will beat the Warriors with Jonas Jerebko Or Ersan Ilyasova playing 25 minutes a game? Nevermind, don't answer that.

Look, Ryno is playing the worst he has ever played in his life. Now is not the right time to trade him. Regardless, the thing about Ryno is that he can go hellfire, scorched earth mother****er in the blink of an eye. He has done that for us, and he has done it against us in all those years with ORL and NOH. Every coach in the NBA knows this and makes note of it, and that is huge when it comes to our offense. YUGE...

Rashmon, BigMaloe, hongxingli and 2 others like this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Wonder if the Magic would do a Ryno
    I'd take Jerebko or Illyasova over Anderson any day

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Really? You'd pay 20 million a year for Jonas Jerebko?

Noted.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lock the thread. nothing to see here anymore

:(

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

the people who go just go from changing one claim to the next, once theyre responded to are just using the same old tired statement. oh youre part of the ryan anderson fan club is probably the dumbest waste of space on this board. i bet if you look at your post history this has come up time and time and time and time again. ZzzzZZ. please post better stuff. if youre going to talk basketball please stick to basketball. your personal opinion based little to nothing don't do anything. been around long enough to know thats what you do when you have nothing else to say. Anyways. neutral of Ryno ok. yeah your post history is flooded with just ryno bashing so that says otherwise.

you obviously didn't watch game 2 so your #1 stat you try to use of +/- is useless. do yourself a favor and watch it again. if you still have the same opinion then something is wrong with your IQ. but your stubbornness is not likely to look at the game objectively. "Hey Anderson put us up over in OT on game 5 let's ignore that that was probably his only good game in the series. It ain't his fault, he had that one good game in a 5 game series. look at this dramatic take.:rolleyes: .

who cares if morey interested in moving him. thats not exactly a secret that hes not going to stop upgrading pieces until he gets another star. that in no way proves anything you're trying to say though. If lebron is in play, any smart gm would do the same thing. Honestly going back and forth is pretty useless on this. you move on from trying to make one point to another and post whatever you can that only applies to you. please stop trying to act like you know what i follow or not about this team. #scapegoat #itsrynosfault

#1029 YOLO, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Horford is an elite floor spacing center, definitely, but like i said, we were not exactly desperate to get a stretch 4. A small ball 5 was clearly what we wanted more.

Ryan is an elite shooter on paper, he's just not as good for us since in every home game he plays with an handicap. I'm kinda shocked by how much this thing is being ignored tbh, and it's the biggest reason why i think he should be moved, you cannot play 50% of your games with a guy who can't play at his best, regardless of how good or bad he is.

As for your last question yes, i believe we would be able to do it just like we did in the last game when we came back from down 4 in the last 6 minutes and won the game with him on the bench.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

He's been shooting 32.2% from 3 since Dec 4th.

The mystery is why he has sucked so much since then. I guess we'll never really know, we can't blame it all on the team, and we don't know much about his daily life.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Here is to hoping we get October/November Ryno back, where he was shooting 7.5 threes a game on crazy percentages.

The last couple months he only shoots 4 threes a game. That is INSANELY LOW.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For him to be effective against the Warriors, he has to play C. Otherwise they will just stick Durant on him and leave Green on Capela inside. What we need is for him to come off the bench and for him to take more 3pt shots. He is not bad on defense and I would rather be able to stretch the Warriors C when we're attacking than to worry who guards a piss poor scorer like Green.

There are not enough shots in the starting line up. Harden, Paul and Ariza are having great years from 3pt range. To expect Ryno to also have an excellent year there seems irrational almost. The opposition must be guarding SOMEONE lol.

hongxingli likes this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Denver is an interesting trade partner for multiple reasons:
    -Looking to compete now
    -Not normally a FA destination
    -Multiple rotation pieces making 7MM+ sitting on their bench

I’m particularly interested in some combination of Plumlee (3 yrs remaining), Chandler (2), Faried (2), and Arthur (2).

Plumlee is a great backup for Capela, but he’s a key rotation piece for the Nugs and has 3 years on his deal, so he’s the least ideal candidate.

We targeted Chandler at last year’s deadline. He has the size of a 4 but the handle and lateral quickness of a 3. Love his ability to shoot and put the rock on the floor. Having a down year so maybe we can get him cheap.

Faried is a hustle big that has been wasting away on their bench. He’d feast in the PNR with Harden, is quick enough to keep up with guards on defense, and can board with the best of them.

Arthur is a solid stretch four that has been hurt all year.

The Deal:

Chandler and Faried for Ryno, Black, and a FRP

Why we do it: Chandler and Faried would be great additions to our rotation. Plus, their two year deals would be much easier to move in the off-season.

Why Denver does it: Ryno brings the stretch four that they lost when Gallo went to the Clippers. A big man rotation of Jokic, Plumlee, Millsap, and Anderson is rock solid and provides great spacing for their young guards. Might as well swap two non-contributors for a player that can help them now, and get a pick for their troubles.

pippendagimp and jnuge90 like this.
  15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Yes. He will always be a factor because of his spacing.

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Should we just shut him down Ala bulls for mirotic?
    I meant hes untradable as of now, imagine if hes injured

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

#richpeopleproblems
    #onlyteamthatcanbeatgoldenstate

Game7 likes this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Not to say his contract isn't the biggest problem Morey has. Just to say that it's pretty cool that this is our biggest problem. Rockets future hasn't looked this bright since Hakeem Olajuwon was winning championships. Obviously we need to move him in order to have any flexibility to improve but it's pretty cool that we're only two games back from the best record in the league.

Morey's been so open about his single-minded focus on Golden State, a thing that might just seem obvious, but he has built a team to contend with them and it's hard to imagine any other team contending with them this year. Apparently there was a difference between knowing your team had to beat Golden State and actually constructing a roster with that in mind because we have the only team that looks like they can play with them.

And we didn't just win the season series against them. My favorite team stat lately is how close we are to GSW in point differential which means we're beating teams more comfortably than just about any other team and bodes well for a potential WCF against them. In order:

1. Warriors: 7.9
    2. Rockets: 7.7
    3. Raptors: 7.3
    4. Celtics: 4.8
    5. Spurs: 3.4

I'm having a hard time worrying too much over Ryan Anderson these days, especially when I see him playing with effort. I know that Morey is worrying about him for all of us only because of course he is and I'm glad that he is. It's his job to keep making our roster better. This year I've felt like it was my job to just stand up and clap like I haven't since the 90s.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

What a freaking great post. Couldnt agree more.

#whitepeopleproblems

20. Game7

Game7 Member

Hahaha. What?