1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Who tweeted out the trade talks with the raptors?

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don’t hate ryno but his play has been lately for the past full month at least

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Sounds great for us in the 3 way deal but terrible for the other 2 teams lol

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Ryan is shooting 41% on 3s in last 5 games

seeingred, alethios, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's not a huge problem if we're 100% healthy but when we're not his minutes count even more and we haven't been getting much out of those minutes. I still think Morey should slow play him for a sign and trade next year as he gets closer to an expiring. Having said that, I know for sure Morey is looking at all options and will get something done if possible but he won't do anything stupid.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BINGO !

DD

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Package a first rounder, and make it happen. First round picks hopefully won't mean much for the next few years.

8. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

They always do. That's how you develop a contributor like Clint Capela or you gather assets to make a CP3 trade.

BigMaloe, bulkatron and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Vivid

Vivid Member

Maybe Anderson, Black, and a 1st for Love. Capitalize on the drama and injury. Love would be easier to move, in the event we can land a big fish in the summer.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) We can't deal a first rounder right now because of the protection we owe currently. Next first rounder we could trade is 2020
    2) If we trade our 2020 pick now then we won't be able to deal a future 1st in the offseason if we need to do a trade for Lebron

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kevin Love? He of the broken hand, out for 6 to 8 weeks?

(thinks about it)

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

12. Vivid

Vivid Member

I am just spitballing in terms of Houston landing another star. There is so much drama around Love in Cleveland. Anderson with a change of scenery can do a little of what they use Love for. The injury further lowers his value. Love in two months has more upside for our team theoretically than Anderson. Love should be easier to move based on a similar salary but with bigger name. Love is an okay 3rd star if we strike in the summer vs. Anderson coming back for a 3rd season. It all depends on whether or not you believe the absence of Anderson will really effect us in the standings in the next 6-8 weeks. I think we are 2nd seed more or less. I think a combination of Ariza, LMM, and Tucker at the 4 will keep us afloat for two months. I get that means going small which you can argue hurts us against big frontlines, but that really hasn't been the case. Against teams with big front courts, like the Pelicans, Anderson is actually playing less minutes. He can't stop them so we are going small in hopes of capitalizing on the other end. Paul, Harden, and Gordon will keep pace for us. If losing Ryan means a Kawhi-less SAS catches us, this team isn't ready for the chip as constructed anyways. I believe Love sets us up for the future and may help us in a playoff run this year. Not sure Cleveland would do this but maybe Lebron does us a solid.

whiskeyred likes this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Cleveland would most definitely not ever consider doing this.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are trading Anderson away for nothing, we lose any hope of winning a championship this year.

You "trade Ryno" fanatics need to come up with a plan to get us an elite floor spacer at the PF spot. It is absolutely critical for this system.

YOLO, BigMaloe and J Sizzle like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

getting closer.....

[​IMG]

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually see it the other way around lol

The "no trade Ryan" brigade needs to deal with the fact that we made the conference finals just two years ago playing with no stretch 4 whatsover, and the Rockets were after Horford and Bazemore first, not after the elite floor spacer at the PF spot...assuming you can call elite a guy who can't shoot over 33% at home and can't beat his man off the dribble.

To me you underestimate ho good Harden and Paul are in fact, they don't need a guy like Anderson to win games at all, bring in a guy like Ilyasova, Jerebko, Bjelica or Marvin Williams to play those 25 minutes and we'll be ok.

And i mean, the only way to make the team better is to trade Ryan, that should be crystal clear to anyone at this point, the fact that we won't get back any value if that happens it's just the result of how valuavle he has been. The question is, do you want the Rockets to upgrade the roster or not? If that's what you want well, it can only happen if we dump Anderson. Morey will eventually find a cheap version of Ryan.

J.R. likes this.
  18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

?????

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would do this deal all day.

The second one.

Just don’t see Rockets parting with first rounders

20. today

today Contributing Member

Trying to "move the immovable" object.