1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Rockets don't need Ryno permission to waive him, they can waive anyone they want.

He can not sign the extension, but I don't know why he wouldn't. He would basically be paying 4m dollars to screw the Rockets.

2. larsv8

He would go through the waiver process...no one would even have the cap space to claim him, then he is a free agent, while still collecting 46m from the Rockets over the next 5 years.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Why would you sign an extension when you can collect all the money up front?

I suppose his contract becomes much better for the Rockets if stretched, but my question is why does he sign it?

If you're an employer and your company offered you to take your bonus for the fiscal year any time between January and December, I'd take it in January without question.

4. larsv8

Ryno is still paid per his contract, only the timing of the cap hit changes.

It is literally, we waive you and pay 41 million dollars over the next two years. Also if you sign this piece of paper, we will also give you an additional million a year for four years after that.

This is a no brainer for Anderson.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished we had a pick to pick a more improved Anderson or better a beasty PF.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Gotcha, so this makes sense to me. You get your money the same way, the only thing changing by signing the extension is the cap hit.

I guess that's a lot of money lost if you're Morey + Fertitta, but if you can go grab Lebron that's maybe worth doing.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

There is a world of difference in how a defense treats a 40+% shooter vs. a 37% shooter, particularly when there's so many other 37% shooters on the Rockets that staying home near Ryan Anderson makes very little sense.

I have yet to see your data saying that his floor spacing is as good this year as 16-17, because objectively the Rockets are worse when he plays, and that suggests that the spacing effect is long gone.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I truly don't expect to him to be traded.
    I seriously am just wondering how he will be after the deadline.

Rocket River

9. Rockets4Life13

And this with the Knicks being a big market team.

Put him on the Magic and you ask "basketball fans" about him and they're like "who?"

csc177 likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ryno's gravity as a shooter is only sustainable as long as he is willing to shoot the three. If he keeps passing on those shots, he is diminishing his importance on our team.

PS: Mirotic just got traded to Pelis for Asik so there goes that trade spot.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Utah remains an interesting option i think, Favors expiring and looking to get paid (probably somewhere else), and with the Clippers and Pelicans looking less good they might look to add some shooting at the 4, Mirotic was on their radar but i guess they didn't want to trade their 1st rounder or they didn't want to take back Asik useless contract.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

THANK YOU!!!

Cstyle42 and bulkatron like this.
  13. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

Is it F5ing day yet?

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anyone talking about waiving Ryno are 10 year old kids behind the keyboard.

Hope you guys have permisson to be surfing the Internet.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Matt Maloney & Kelvin Cato part 2.

DD

DaonlyLA likes this.
  16. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

It looks like the Bulls/Pelicans deal involving Mirotic fell apart. I wish the Rockets could get in on the action. Mirotic is still young, has improved every year, and is scoring almost 17 ppg despite only playing 24 minutes a game.

If not Mirotic the Rockets need to bring in a 4 with a mid range game when the 3’s aren’t falling. A guy that can play some D and add sone toughness.

17. basketballholic

The thing to do would be to get him to non-guarantee all but a few dollars of his 2019-20 salary. That means he could be waived and stretched over 5 years at around $4 million per season.

You waive him next summer (if you can't trade him). He can then go get a 2 year deal for around 10 million per season to make up for what he gave up.

Rox should consider talking to Anderson about this is they cannot trade him. All him to non-guarantee his last year in exchange for staying with the team throughout this season and making a playoff run with the understanding he'll be waived and stretched after the season....either by us or another team. I believe we could also add guarantee dates been into his deal for the final season in case he wasn't waived early enough in the summer to secure another deal.

18. basketballholic

Has been discussed as far back as the summer involving the Knicks and Melo. Jazz in desperate need of a shooting 4. Anderson would impact their offense exponentially more than he does ours. And playing next to arguably the best interior defender in the Association is IDEAL for Anderson's game.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what is he exactly providing again?

5.5 rebs
    10 pts
    37% 3 pt shooting

To go along with really horrible D and negative plus minus. Which of thse qualities make him irreplaceable on this team? Ariza, for example, has identitical stats but at least he can defend people.

"Spacing" has no real basis here, people just look at Anderson shootig way behind the 3 pt line and assume opponents are guarding him tightly because of this. But if Anderson is really creating space it should reflect on his plus minus because everybody would score better when he is around. As we can see though his plus minus is negative means this "spacing" argument is just BS.

J.R. likes this.
  20. marky :)

marky :) Member

In regards to Anderson's spacing, is there any real advantage to our spacing if hes right up on the 3pt line vs his typical 2-4 feet away. I can understand if the other team is playing a SF on him and they can close the lane/help faster but if its another big, it can't be a huge difference.