1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Just glad you didn’t start a thread for this post

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin love for ryan anderson anyone?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I feel like Ryan Anderson's are a dime a dozen. He's a valuable bench player. But he's no starter. He's dead in the playoffs, not because he chokes, but because he's too one dimensional. And the career stats prove it. Big games are not his cup of tea. He should be a target for upgrade. I have no problem with the move if it's made. It's a no brainer. I like him. I love seeing the 3 ball. But he's Matt Bullard to me, making Otis Thorpe money.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

on paper he's not a dime a dozen. he's supposed to be one of the best stretch 4s in the league and he showed that last regular season but not the playofs. then showed it again this season till he drifted off, again. he's way too inconsistent to be worth even 15m per.

i dont think it worth it to spend that much on someone hwo makes the offense insanely good just by exta spacing. this is small ball era, sfs play pf most of hte game, not hard to find them for half ryan's price.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Can a SF do what Ryno does on the offensive end? Well, sure. Tell a SF to body up against a PF on the defensive end though and his shot is going to quickly fall flat.

MorningZippo and anchel like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lol cmon, ryan isnt 6'10 240. are you new to nba?

amaru likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

@hakeem94 we already did this and i explained more in that post. IF he stays, breaks out of his slump, does what he gets paid to do, and show up for the WHOLE playoffs, not just half of it, THEN and onlY THEN will i reconsider what i say about ryan "extra floor spacer" anderson

i dunno why you're doing the same **** over and over. just like all you ryan fans. we get it, he's not only an elite stretch 4 but he brings extra floor spacing. on paper he does, but has yet to translate that to anything close to his contract.

amaru likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man I'd love to snag Speights.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  10. do work son

do work son Member

this is my fault because I bit on the red herring earlier, so i'll clean it up. hypothetically speaking, if the nba decided this year home court would be decided in reverse (8 seed gets HC the whole way through), you'd still end up with the 1-4 seeds in the second round. maybe get an upset in the 4-5 series, but otherwise, the top teams would get through. why? because they're better than the other teams, regardless of where they play.

i'm going to disregard your whole 8th seed theory now because it's largely irrelevant since the rockets or warriors won't be the 8th seed. if the warriors and rockets play in the WCF, the winner won't win because of home court. to use that would be an excuse. the better team is going to win.

as to why the rockets should give ryan Anderson playing time, even if it means 2-3 extra losses through the regular season? because you want him to get a rhythm going. you want him to break out of the slump. if he doesn't, he won't play much in the playoffs anyways and it won't matter. but he damn sure isn't going to break out of a shooting slump playing 12-18 minutes here and there. eric Gordon went through a slump over a month and he kept getting minutes because we need him to keep shooting to break out of it. Anderson should get that opportunity as well.

all arenas aren't created equally. ryan Anderson shoots 6% worse from 3 at home. kyrie shoots 7-8% worse from 3 at home. guess he's a mental midget.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. do work son

do work son Member

for what it's worth, i'd be more than content starting Luc at the 4 and bringing Ryan in when Harden gets his first rest. Ryan and CP had some pretty good chemistry together and that's a solid opportunity for him to get good looks without being "in the way" of the starters. he could easily become a key contributor off the bench.

Nook and RudyTBag like this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He's probably not, but he still is taller and noticeably more heavier than most SF's and there is a lot of mass to try and push around.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

6'9 230lbs at most, with shoes of course. i think he's 6'8.5 220-225.

if ariza and mbah are shortter its not by much, same with weight. and them being much better defenders will more than compensate the tiny size advantage ryan has.

amaru likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Cavs do that for what reason?

amaru likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cuz tycoonchip said so

i think its a good deal, obviously. lets do it. someone get gilbert on the phone asap!

16. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I don’t know love gets hurt too much

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

these ****in ryan fans are insane. they think he's as big as his listed size, completely disregard his shortcomings, keep spouting the same "floor spacing" **** lol.

nomiz1987, s3ts and amaru like this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It could be parsons...

At this point honestly the rockets are so close to a title that they have to go all in especially with the pressure to convince Paul to stay. Trade him for whatever loss pick wise it has to be done. Tell them he only shoots bad in Houston.

s3ts and amaru like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Probably? Lol you must be on Dreamshook’s island. Anderson got 26 mins today

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

FYI, RA had really good chemistry last year with Harden

2.8 3s a game, 41%, 14 pts per game

this year when harden was out and cp3 was the fulltime PG for 7 games

RA had 1.3 3s a game, 32%, 10 pts per game

but yeah maybe not starting can't take the pressure off him and not suck too much because he's "in the way" of the starters

#780 vlaurelio, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018