1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Dude just never got it rolling here. Toyota Center has been evil to Ryan and he has let that destroy his confidence. Hell at this point he should investigate hypnosis and see if he can exercise those demons. Dude is a shooter. He didn’t simply forget how. But at 25 feet away and hitch in a shot will cause the ball to deviate.

ak99999 likes this.
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yeah bet they can't wait to add his 2 year oversized deal onto their books when LeBron leaves. They will be yearning for that.

SIL

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He could should lights out in Utah. Color blindness won’t matter there.
    Shooting background to his liking. Only one uniform for Utah is Red or Green (Red-ish). The “Sunset” ones.

4. amaru

amaru Member

I can't see a team taking on Ryno just yet........his contract and production are just that bad. He is still owed another 40 million lol. Wonder who will be shipped out with him. I'd imagine we'd have to lose someone like Gordon/Ariza and/or alot of picks in any Ryno deal.

Jontro and threepointshot3 like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets would have to get worse just to be rid of him by giving up talent and picks

Jontro likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a shame he quit on the team.

Jontro likes this.
  7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its injury season. would it be that bad if ryan got hurt if he cant be traded for anything decent? mbah at pf brings more defens and a little more rebounding, not a huge loss with threes. green in the rotation. ryan is useless w/o his shot and sinc dec 9 his shot has been way off. no one's gona really guard him, which means no extra floor spacing.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This. ^

I mean, unless he is absolutely sure he will be traded, maaaaaybe I can see the “quit”. But it’s usually more likely that no trade happens.

Usually.

BigggReddd likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Sacrificial lamb might be someone like Luke who is on a super good deal and still is young with Some upside

amaru likes this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't think Boogie has to worry about free agency, call it a hunch.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

have you watched warriors game?
    cant call that quit.. he give us a an awesome fight man...he was almost mvp of that game

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

hes had games shooting 50% from three since and contributing in variety of other ways

hongxingli likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I don't agree he has quit. that's just lazy criticism.

but I don't consider scoring 5 points while the rest of your teammates scored more than you with 5 in double digits "almost MVP"

CP3 was the clear MVP of that game
    while LMM was "almost MVP" for that game

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel sorry for him.

Not for his money.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

agree , far from mvp but boy he did give us some key plays in momentum swinging moments..i like it when our role players step it up and play good sound fundamental basketball

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep everyone stepped up. we need everyone to step up night in & night out if we want to go anywhere in the post-season.

we're already down 4 all-stars to 1 against gsw so everyone/every dollar of our cap needs to step up for sure

Why not? likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

look at his gamelog. for every good shooting game he has 3 bad ones. im not gonna rely on ryan to be a good defender and rebounder out of the blue. he's giving more effort this season but doing it consiistently, esp in the playofs, is another thing entirely.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Huh, my comment was about the Pels making a trade because they are seeded well. Just get a PF.
    Ryan is a PF who could space the floor for A Davis/Rondo/Holiday.

I don’t believe I was saying a Boogie should be worried about free agency. Just all their other pieces are
    small contracts. Rockets would have to take most of that team as they are a few million each.
    Rockets can’t take 8 guys from the Pels to match Ryan.

Boogie is either a Laker or, more than likely, a Pelican next year. Just my opinion.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 hes shooting 37% on 3s shooting 6 3s a game on the year...its a good percentage and good HIGH VOLUME to be shooting from 3 its like shooting 55-60% on 2s and whats making this even better hes shooting it far away from 3pt line
    2 hes not being a good defender out of blue, he did it even last year was very solid on d ..so its consistency
    3 hes 3nd team leading rebounder
    4 2nd team leading offensive rebounder

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was told he was always a decent Rebounders
    Esp on the defensive end

Rocket River