1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

Anderson is better than Melo for this team.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lmao

Vivi, fckbandwagons and BigggReddd like this.
  3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I don't think any team will want Ryan Anderson

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Hmm maybe Anderson likes houston so he is sabotaging his trade value by playing like **** until after the Trade deadline?

Rocket River likes this.
  5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Third. Team.

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. smp

smp Member

Exactly. Who would want him? What GM is out there wondering what it would take to get a shot at the one and only Ryan Anderson?

HakeemOnlyFan and bilaal14 like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I’m scared of that. Dude is a super negative asset. What a freakin atrocity.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way even Morey could dump a player as terrible as Ryan Anderson with the contract he has unless we had a first round pick to give up to get someone to take him.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Money should trade him the next time he dunks the ball

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson , 2020 1st round pick, 2018 2nd, and cash considerations

Joe Johnson(expiring) and Jonas Jerebko.

Thats how you take a lost and move on. Joe could add some bench scoring, and Jonas hits the 3's off the bench Those picks hurt but you gotta give to get, and they probably can get more out of ryan in utah. Just a trade suggestion.

megastahr likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

So...Ryno for Boogie’s expiring??

New Orleans gets a stretch four to stay in the playoff race, and we get out from under two years of ryno’s Contract. Sign a guy coming out of China or waived at the deadline because Invaginated Ryno is useless for us. Maybe he starts hitting shots again on a team that wants him.

luckyman76 likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Your third team concept is right and if there is a trade now Morey is doing that leg of the trade first for equal contracts that can be moved later. I think he has realized that this is a bomb he just doesn't want to sit on any more as opportunities dry up. It may not happen but I'd rather him try as hard as hell now before we are cornered in the summer with fewer options. We are caplocked in the summer and cannot afford to be stuck with this albatross.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anderson for a 6' subway sandwhich.

geterrr done morleyyyyyyyy

dfbreyes and pippendagimp like this.
  14. threepointshot3

Hahaha no chance they will want him

15. jayfree

jayfree Member

Melo is addition by subtraction. Anderson doesn't screw with the chemistry as Melo would. Howard showed everyone how true that can be

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am just replying hypothetically because I believe there is zero chance this happens. In a trade for LBJ we would need to match $35.6M with at least $28.4M in outgoing salaries. EGo and Tucker would only get us to $21.5M so we would have to get another high salary piece in the Boogie trade to package. The only piece I see is Ajinca but to make it work we would have to send out Onuaku to avoid the hard cap and roster limitations. We would have no further ability to add players. Morey would never attempt this because of the risks involved. A big guy like that I think is a 18 month recovery...if ever. Have to pay him some version of a max and most probably he is never the same for a guy that already has baggage. Still worth more than Ryno. Forgetting tax considerations. You have LBJ, Capela, Boogie, Nene at the 4&5 not counting small ball.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suspect that If he isn’t traded, he will be much better after the trade deadline.

Also, we do a pretty terrible job of getting him shots, and he has done a pretty terrible job of moving without the ball. Not impressed with our inability to get him the 10 3-Point attempts a game he should be getting. If he isn’t bulk shootings threes, why even play him? Figure out a way to get this guy 10+ threes a night. Force him to shoot the rock or pull his ass out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If we are taking 40-45 threes a night, he and Eric should be combining for 20 of them. Eric is holding up his end of the bargain.

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

LOL... Boogie is injured and people are STILL wanting to trade for that headcase.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Gentry had Ryno playing extremely well off the bench in NO. I wouldn’t mind D’Antoni trying out a

6. Eric Gordon
    7. Ryan Anderson
    8. P.J. Tucker

Bench squad. Ryno plays well with CP3 and maybe that would take some pressure off of him. We need to figure this out because he might be as untradable as ever after last night. (The worst game of his career right before the trade deadline has me a little suspicious)