1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Yeah that's good news. Lebron leaving the Cavs is now almost a certainty. It's been clear that Anderson has been deliberately left out of the game-plan over the last month or so . . . probably to check how we perform without him.

It definitely does change things against the Warriors for us. It completely changes our lineup compared to our two wins against them this year and is taking us into completely unknown territory in the Western Conference Finals. It also relies now on Moute not getting injured or we are done.

#481 RestHarden, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I’m talking about offense

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yesterday I checked out Cleveland Bleacher Report. They have Dan Gilbert attempting to sell the team.
    Dan Gilbert wants to sell ASAP. It’s the norm nowadays.

LeBron was strong arming the Heat to spend into oblivion with the “Big 3”

Durant joined the Warriors and took a pay cut; but the other stars in the league like LeBron want big cash. This is
    why previous owner Les Alexander sold the Rockets this past summer. Owners are finding out that they have to
    pay the luxury tax with repeater in order to win a championship. IMO Dan Gilbert is disappointed that the Cavs
    have spent so much money with only one championship to show for it.

LeBron forced Dan Gilbert to overpay on Shumpert, JR Smith, K-Love and Tristan contracts in order to keep the
    team together. This is why I’m not dead set against trading Capela if Tillman can stay under the luxury tax
    level. History has shown that it’s mostly financials that break up those great teams. If the Rockets can stay
    under the Luxury tax the first year of LeBron.....the better.

I know the CBA makes it easier and promotes signing your own free agents and allow teams to venture
    over the luxury tax level. I Just want to make the window of opportunity 3-4 years over 2-3 years.
    I truly feel Beyonce will buy into ownership and help flip the bill of the repeater tax.

I’m not worried about what the Cavs do before the trade deadline. Their assets are undesirable.
    They are looking at LeBron leaving this summer and also Isaiah Thomas (FA). A new owner has the
    prospect of a team with K-Love and Shumpert as your main guys. Gilbert should sell before the deadline.
    In this article that’s why Gilbert wanted a commitment from LeBron for longer than 1 year.

Here is an unverified article for you from Cleveland Bleacher Report.....I know you like posting similar articles.
    http://uproxx.com/dimemag/stephen-a-smith-dan-gilbert-wants-to-sell-cavaliers/

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

To be fair, I think if he played like that all the time, there'd be much less b****ing about him. Plus, to be even more fair, he was -2 in an 8 point win.

I mean the guy's got 5 double digit rebounding games all season... that game being his highest. And he scored 5 points on 3 shots. And the Rockets won.

All the more reason, to me, you might be ok thinking about trading him and why I'm quasi-obsessed about the idea of someone like a Julius Randle. Banger, grab boards, grab offensive boards.

That said... I can't put my finger on whether Anderson's mere presence still opens up the offense, even when he isn't shooting, as he wasn't.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Using plus/minus in this context is about as far as it gets from being "more fair".

James Harden, for instance, was a -6 in that game. Eric Gordon was a +15 and shot 2-14 from the floor.

YOLO and SirIvyLeague like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice...
    btw ryan was everywhere in that game.. i didnt knew he had that many rebs but boy he was ballin playing good basketball...i like team players like rhyno

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

February 8th guys.

SIL

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@malakas @Rockets4Life13

SIL

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody wants to note all that though....

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wrong thread ****

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not really sure what's out there that can also help with our capspace this offseason. Obviously if there's an expiring contract coming back for Ryno I think it would've already been done. So we're likely talking about someone else with 1 1/2 years left and presumably worse than Anderson. Then in the offseason we'd use a future 1st to dump that contract and sign LeBron. But this makes our current team worse for this year. And whatever else you may think of Anderson, he's still a big part of the rotation which we can't just easily replace.

Morey sees a lot more than me, but I'm pessimistic there's a viable trade out there.

12. ballscientist1

When Lakers proposed a deal to trade Deng for Monroe, Suns want Kuzma and 2020 first round pick

My pick: Trade with Jazz and Kings.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Jazz can work if they're trading Favors. Kings I don't see much of anything since they want to dump salary not add. Kuzma and 1st rounder is basically 2 1sts, which the Rockets probably won't give up unless they are 100% certain LeBron is coming.

14. ballscientist1

good thought, so Anderson will stay ......

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Ryan was leading the huddle just now and had everyone smiling lol

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Doesn't mean you still cannot trade his b****ass.

SIL

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

His shooting woes at home are uniquely fatal and have to be the driving force behind our attempts to move him.

I feel for the guy. By all accounts, he's a standup guy and a hard worker. I hate that he feels unwanted, but at the same time it's still a business decision. You can't have championship aspirations with a guy you can't trust at all sucking up 1/5th of your payroll.

I suspect DM will work hard to move him for two smaller contracts.

mikol13 and Deckard like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Can’t really disagree with this.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I find this new idea of Ryno being sort of disconnected from the team odd. Having seen him in person recently and from watching stadium feeds, where they show the bench and player interactions, it seems to me he is pretty engaged during games.

lionaire likes this.
  20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

From this day on I will only refer to Ryan Anderson as White Ryno. Cause it’s a rare Mutha Fcking thing for him to actually perform his fcking job...