1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

What do you think they would they give up for Cuz?

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Portland has some trash in Harkless and Leonard. Both of them plus 1st round pick for ryno?

amaru likes this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

THIS, will not happen.

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

basketballadumbass is at it again with the Cousins chant. He will not make this team better and would kill any chemistry we've built so far.
    Rockets will NEVER get that guy- not even if it was for Anderson straight up

Downtown Sniper and Erbnwarfare like this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I agree. Ryno, while over paid, doesn't hurt the team but provides solid play that compliments the team. Bad move to trade him for nothing.

photojoe likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why would they give up a 1st round pick when they’re getting Ryno in return? That’s not happening.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The thing is Rhyno has team chemistry while doing other things such as a key defensive play or rebound at the pace of the fastest team in the league. Rockets don't win that last game against gsw without him. And when he does get hot and starts draining those 3s in rapid succession... There's really very few bigs that can keep up with this team that can fit this team as well as Anderson. Look for a true upgrade or do nothing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Has holic ever called something or hit on just 1 of his “rumors”? It was funny how off his “sources” were about the Melo situation.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryno wasn’t even the 5th most important reason we won that GS game. We manage to win games just fine despite his lack of contributions on many nights.

When he gets hot? That’s like once every 2 weeks these days. At home, he’s useless. He’s scored over 10 points just twice in his last 10 games. In his last 4 games, he’s taken 5 shots in 29 minutes, 3 shots in 30 minutes, 7 shots in 29 minutes, and 6 shots in 25 minutes. He has no confidence, is always passing up shots, and is limited on both ends of the floor. He doesn’t even play in the 4th quarter if it’s a close game most of the time.

If u can get rid of this albatross contract and turn it into contracts that will be easier to get rid of this summer, then u do it. You gotta think 2 steps ahead. Ryno isn’t some major piece here.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

How could the warriors possibly afford Cousins? Who goes from their core?

I’m all for chasing DeMarcus - I just didn’t think he was in play for GSW.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

Does the fact that Cap Harden and cP have never lost a game this year mean anything? If Capella doesn’t bring us Lebron what are we even talking about?? Play this year out with the squad and see how far we get. If we can move Ryno earlier (which. I doubt) even better. But Clint should NOT be in any trade talks this year IMO

don grahamleone and da_juice like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

14. csc177

csc177 Member

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I know. I'm just surprised that you don't think that trade doesn't make us a better team or a bigger threat to the warriors.

16. basketballholic

Two picks, Iggy, Bell, McCaw, Looney.

Warriors have been shopping Iggy around the league already.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"Morey knows he isn't a difference maker" Then why tf did he pay him 20mil/year for 4 years? smh

Locker room is going to be awkward if Morey isn't able to move him. Props to Ryno for being a professional tho for not going to the media to complain, causing more drama.

Wouldn't be surprised if it call came out after he gets traded though.

#357 RocketsFido, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    don grahamleone likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I hear you.

Just going by the model of success in the last 3 years of Warriors/Cavs putting their money in positions
    1 (PG) — 4 (PF) and skimping on centers for cheap.

Cavs have gone from Mozgov because he got too expensive (getting a big contract at the time from Lakers)
    to lesser centers.

Warriors have gone from Bogut who kept getting more expensive.....to cheaper JaVale MeGee, Pachulia
    & David West.....to moving on to Jordan Bell in training to be another Capela on a rookie contract. Notice
    JaVale MeGee has been bumped from the lineup as Bell has improved. MeGee is linked to trade talk
    we the Bucks earlier in the season. Next year the Warriors will probably go one more year with David West
    and Jordan Bell and she’d the contract of Pachulia (and MeGee if they haven’t already). The use of Durant
    and Draymond logging in time at center helps.

So we have to ask, how much are we willing to pay for Capela this summer? Nerlens Noel was a RFA last summer
    and got littlevto no offers. Had to settle for about $4 million. We all know Capela will bring in more. It’s just
    how much? Rockets say they will pay anything. And they can and exceed the luxury tax amount. But is it wise.
    Rockets drafted Qi and Hartenstein for the timing of this situation. Just when Caps hit RF agency. Hartenstein
    was listed as number 19 on the top 100 board of Draftexpress last draft. If nobody drafted him.....was expected
    to be a lottery pick this upcoming draft. If you have the banana boat crew you could get by with playing
    Hartenstein 16 mins like the Warriors do with Jordan Bell this year.

So at what line do you not cross with Capela? Pay him $15 mil but not $20+ mil? I think Capela is a product
    of the system. Nerlens might be had for about $8 mil the way Dallas has handled him. Much cheaper and
    can do much the same as Capela. If he puts on some weight and work with John Lucas. Bulls had a difficult
    player in Rodman. Could a LeBron/CP3/Harden/D’Antoni keep Nerlens in line?

Just food for thought. Holic and I have had this discussion before. He goes expensive on centers nowadays
    while I prefer cpgoing cheaper at the position if options available.

hakeem94 and fba34 like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's good at scouting for the NBA draft. People he likes regularly move up in the draft by 10 or more places. I don't trust his ears, but I do trust his eyes.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If I'm Daryl Morey, I play the highlights of game 1 against the Warriors where they switched Curry and Durant onto him and tried to break him down one on one. Follow that by some threes he hit in the Yota this year, then that HUGE dunk he had. Put that on repeat for the entire team to see in the locker room once or twice an hour.

That dude can flat out play the game. He's just got a confidence issue right now that can be broken. His teammates can help him find that groove too. Even if he's moved, the dude deserves our team's best effort to get him back to what he's capable of. He can play. He can embarrass folks when he wants to. We just have to help him see that.

Personally I'd rather see us ride with Ryno and put a charge back into him. He's the perfect 4 for this team when he's himself. **** the Toyota Center trend and light the motherf---er up!

hakeem94 likes this.