1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No. Sorry, i agree with D-rock. Using a future 1st rd pick for minimal moves is something Morey will not do.

If it involves a multi-transaction deal involving a move of Ryan Anderson .....then yes. Anything less no.

Morey doesn’t want to shoot his wad on minuscule deals by dealing 1st’s and fringe rotation guys for an
    expiring contract(s). O’Quinn has a player option on his contract this summer. Fringe players don’t move
    enough money.

2. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are there any rumblings of LeBron being traded this year? Could Morey pull of the mother of all mind tricks and break the bank at the deadline? If LeBron to Houston is inevitable .. why wait?

Moleb, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I am honestly also starting to wonder if Lebron in the next couple weeks would be in play? I guess you have to give up Capela but I wonder if Lebron could force his way here for Gordon, Ryno and 2 first rounders along with Hartenstein and Qi.

Capela/Nene/Bogut
    Lebron/Tucker
    Ariza/Luc
    Harden/Green
    Paul/FA signing

UH

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. threepointshot3

With the cyber rumors and even the reports by ESPN two months ago regarding Houston being LeBron favorite destination if he were to leave I think there is a real chance.

don grahamleone, Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You had me smiling until I saw Bogut.

7. threepointshot3

Morey dose not just make a trade without thinking about a move or two ahead. Hence he stockpiles assets which he did for years and eventually used it in the Harden trade.

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Mirotic for Ryno and a 1st works cap-wise. I think Mirotic would be ideal for a couple reasons:

1. Mirotic would really help grease the wheels for a trade for Lebron in the offseason. Gordon plus Mirotic would be enough salary for a trade of Lebron (if he opts in like CP3). And because Nikola's 2018-2019 salary is a team option, Cleveland basically wouldn't have to take on any additional salary past Gordon's steal of a contract.

2. Mirotic seems like he would be a good fit to replace Ryno in the offense and rotation this year. I bet he would waive his no-trade clause to come to a contender in Houston.

But the salary imbalance probably makes this trade a non-starter for Chicago, even if a straight-up Mirotic/Ryno swap works under the cap.

Why not? and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

In before LeBron.

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Fake Green is not eligible to be traded

11. basketballholic

Don't have 2 first rounders unless we trade CC for one.

The whole thing here is Morey is trying to trade Anderson with other minor pieces WITHOUT including a first or Capela. That's what is newsworthy.

What does that tell you?

It tells you we can trade Anderson and Capela as a package (for DJ for starters). And it tells you we can move Anderson with our 2020 pick anytime. Morey is looking for something better here, moving Anderson out with a smaller asset like Troy and getting back a couple contracts that are either expiring or non-guaranteed and could possibly help us in a playoff run.

Remember, we can only trade one first round pick right now, our 2020 pick. But at the end of June, after the draft we'll be able to trade two first round picks, 2019 and 2021.

The ultimate play is this: Trade for Demarcus now, using Anderson and Capela. Send out Black, Williams, with Anderson/Capela and take back another contract with Demarcus. Then trade for LeBron after the draft.

I'm surprised @cyberx didn't report that the Warriors are after Demarcus. He probably can't report that since it is coming from the players. But make no mistake about it, the Warriors are gunning for Demarcus. As are the Cavs. DeMarcus is listening to pitches from Harden and Durant and at least one other player.

Guys, it never stops. If we're gonna beat the dubs were gonna have to do better than trading Anderson plus picks for trash. Because the Warriors are playing the game. If we don't get DeMarcus, they might just wind up with him. Then what?

You see, we have to chase DeMarcus now.

D-rock likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And they’ve done this all despite having a huge anchor tied to them.

Imagine how much better theyd be if they dropped the dead weight.

Reeko likes this.
  13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Kings-three way?

George Hill to CLE
    Ryno to Sacto
    Frye and Shump here

this would prevent sac from having to trade skal lol to clear a roster spot(lol @ vlade divac logic)..

SIL

s3ts likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Exactly.

And just like Brewer you gotta play him so that he even has an inkling of trade value.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Not bad at all imo. I like it but with zbo still there idk

#295 BigMaloe, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Me: Whoa, Harden is trying to get Cousins to play here? That's BIG!

*looks to see who posted this insider info*

Me: Riiiiiiiiight. *yawn*

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

IF that were to happen (big IF), I could see Wade being released and joinin or bring a part of the deal.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Keep fabricating **** on you'er own and try to make it look like facts. You never learn.......

19. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Do you ever stop?

arabrocket likes this.
  20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

**** zbo.

And remember, this is vlade divac.

SIL

BigMaloe likes this.