1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why? Why does Dwight have to be signed right away to still pursue Durant? If Durant wants to come here, and insists Dwight stay, then we'll get both in the room together and they will sign together.

Besides, in recent past, all the big free agents signed right away, presumably because they had all the best offers in front of them to make a decision.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Ezeli gets surgery and apparently has some cartilage issue.
    Possibly less competition for Dwight.
    Why? Well if you believe that the reason Durant will sign here is only because of his obsession with playing with Harden by all means necessary then I suppose there is no reason.
    But if you believe that the Rockets like all the other teams when making a pitch have to actually offer him a plan and a roster that doesn't consist of just Harden..then it does.
    Plus Woj said it.

You can't get a player in the room if he hasn't signed.
    And if Dwight is waiting for the most money, and Morrey isn't blackmailed then he will have to wait.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Of course you can - you are just pitching 2 guys at the same time! (ok, maybe I am unaware that this is illegal? I didn't realize you couldn't meet with 2FAs at once?)

4. malakas

malakas Member

you can't put an unsigned player in the meeting. I learned that last summer. The players in the meeting must sign first.
    Yes you can meet 2 FAs consecutively.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You're overthinking that, even if it is true they can't be in the same meeting together. After July 1st, everyone can talk back and forth with unsigned free agents. If Durant wants to come to Houston, he will be able to find out if Howard intends to sign. And Howard will certainly sign if Durant wants to come.

Are you saying it is illegal for Durant and Howard and their reps to talk, once they become free agents?

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Go tell that to Tyson Chandler and the Phoenix Suns.

7. amaru

amaru Member

He'll get the max.....whether he goes or not will depend on if he wants to turn down the money.

8. malakas

malakas Member

You can talk all you want with ufa. And agents and players can talk all the time between themselves even during the season.

Even if he had already agreed there, you are correct.
    It's the same you think for convincing someone to bring one unagreed to a deal (if he even wants to waste his time coming) or someone who has already agreed.
    Commitment from the team side is as good as a signed contract- they wont' renegade. Legaly ofcourse a verbal commitment has no bearing.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So they could have side by side rooms with a door between... Dwight goes in one room and Durant in the other. Everyone comes out giggling....

10. malakas

malakas Member

yeah ok. They can also have a party. :rolleyes:
    Give me an example of someone who went to recruit another without having a verbal agreement.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Teague about to get traded?

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Why? Because you saw a Reddit post?

13. malakas

malakas Member

What? No what reddit post?:confused:

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

1 person likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I don't understand how to use reddit lol.

I wish we had a rumor thread since I don't have a twitter and can only pop on for a few minutes here and there throughout the workday

17. malakas

malakas Member

I don't know either lol
    I saw it elsewhere.
    It is that Teague deleted his instagram photos about the Hawks all of them.
    And like Reggie Jackson last year who appeared one week before his trade with a Bad Boys cap, and Sully who became a Hornets fan before finally the trade fell through, it's an indication of an upcoming trade nowadays.
    Not proof only indication.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think it's fair to assume Teague will get traded, but nothing "reported" (read: prevaricated over too many beers) makes any sense so far.

19. htown1984

htown1984 Member

is he getting traded to the Rockets ? :)

20. malakas

malakas Member

no clue but most probably to Utah.
    The question is if Horford will get traded and if Korver will get traded as well.