1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Great job Nick!:)
    Interesting that he knows that Boston not giving BKN pick for Horford. And the most interesting about the offer Washington made. (is oubre considered a main core piece? If not an offer of Washington pick unprotected - almost certainly lottery + Oubre + Nene + Dudley is a good offer). And also interesting because Washington is still after Durant, so as incompetent their GM is, it seems that acquiring Dwight and put him in the recruitment for Durant is considered an advantage -so their personal relationship must still be good.

He also came to our board and said that the ongoing Gay talks, are with Bucks as the third team -phew.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah at this point I too would be content with Nene, filler, Oubre + a reverse lotto protection pick(remember with Howard they could make a push for the playoffs).

Don't see why they would want Howard since they have Gortat but I guess they would figure that out.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The league has moved away from centers like Dwight who can't shoot from past 3 feet and are poor free throw shooters.

4. basketballholic

DeAndre
    Drummond
    Plumlee
    Len
    Adams
    Tristan
    Gobert
    Capela

Yeah sure.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

ThatBoyNick and malakas,

Thanks for getting the information.

Some of it jibes with what Codman has mentioned. Washington is in the mix but NenĂª was recently taken out of the list of possibles. Might make more sense (this is me now, not Cod) for them to include Gortat; why keep both Gortat and Dwight?

Of course, Codman's posts don't sound like Dwight is the name he hears in trade talks, so he's either cleverly misdirecting or actually giving his opinion on a Dwight trade or....or.....or it's another trade deadline and who knows what'll happen. :)

6. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Sorry, I think I missed the Codman's posts, what did he say?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That Washington is a possibility but that "dreadlocks is out" (Nene), or something to that effect.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Cyber said that Ibaka was heavilly shopped. And then some here quickly dismissed it as just diversion.
    I don't follow the Thunder closely -because I really don't like their style of play. But today after the Warriors loss, I see tons of Thunder fans who want to trade Ibaka because apparently he can't understand the system because he has low bball iq, and he can't understand his role. And his stats have dipped.

So I don't think that an Ibaka trade is so preposterous..

9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Rudy Gay is out for tonight game

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't think so at all as well. Another aspect of the Ibaka situation is that he's going to ALSO be looking at a max deal not this Summer but next. And we all know that as much as we are hoping for Durant here (and most fans are hoping for Durant wherever they are too), there is still a high probability Durant stays in OKC to play next to Westbrook. Those two guys together probably give Durant the best 1/2 realistic punch in the league with nice supporting players.

So that being said, this could very well be OKC's braintrust AGAIN trying to control costs for an ownership group without deep pockets. I wouldn't be shocked to see them trying to shop him for young players on rookie deals or solid veterans on value contracts. I'm sure Presti is looking to cash in on a flurry of picks as well.

I'm watching Boston here as well. Ibaka isn't Dwight Howard from a marquee star perspective, but he's still young, can do alot of the same things, and has upside to unfold in his offense if he's moved to the 5 in a P&R heavy offense with a great coach. Boston also might be willing to give up the picks that they weren't willing to give up in a Dwight Howard deal. As mentioned earlier The Bucks are intriquing as well.

11. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

He rolled his ankle last game :/
    Man I want Horford on this team...

12. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

The fans are very split up here on weather or not to trade Ibaka. FWIW, I think he's being shopped. It'd make sense bc OKC isn't getting by GSW or SAS without an upgrade. And Ibaka has declined in play this year. Most of the games you wont even notice Ibaka is playing

1 person likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What are the offers on the table?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Future HOF who will be on another team next year making an impact. — Jalen Rose

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very interesting. I agree, he does disappear. Feels like he should be doing more. I guess they would be looking for a 3/D wing.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ibaka for Trevor? :)

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are not signing him, this is their passive aggressive way of letting him go, they know he can get more money elsewhere, but at least the stupid fans will fall for the "Well we tried" message coming from the front office after he leaves.

Same thing happened with Adelman...."Well we tried"...yeah after forcing a system and a young coach onto his staff.....SURE you tried...lol....give someone an untennable offer and then say you tried.

Same with Howard, they will offer like 10-12m a year and he will decline and go get more elsewhere but hey, we tried.

Of course, this is all predicated on us not trading him...which we are TRYING to do now.

DD

18. basketballholic

The Ibaka trade rumors were started by OKC front office in response to the Griffin trade rumors. They'd be willing to ship Ibaka for Griffin....sure. But that's where it stops there. OKC isn't willing to move Ibaka except for a better player. They're not interested in sending him here, for instance, for Capela, Ariza, and Dekker. So it's pretty much a mute issue. Unless Griffin is moving or possibly Love then Ibaka isn't likely moving.

19. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I understand, bbholic.

I have been telling people for a couple of years, since we had Howard, the gap at the 4 I wanted filled by Ibaka. an Ariza/Ibaka/Howard front court is a MONSTER defensively, on paper.

Sadly as also mentioned our assets have lost value. From Dekker to TJ to Ty, Bev and DMo the only person with value is Capela and I think none of that is sexy for OKC. I would throw in picks, Harrel, KJ... I would move anything except Harden/Howard and to a lesser extent Ariza to get him.

I still froth at the mouth for that frontcourt lol

I too have seen OKC fans complaining about Ibaka and saying he has regressed every year, but at the same time he has expanded his game to be more of an outside shooter. That fit looks great. But reality is unless Morey has some dirt on Presti (which he might, see Harden trade) it simply aint happenin :/

20. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you so much. Appreciate hearing the input of the locals.

And you know this how? That this is fake?
    Of course they wouldn't do that trade. Capela and Dekker isn't good enough conmpesation for trading away their unicorn. They could find much better offers.

I dont' believe that Ibaka getting shopped/traded has anything to do with the Rockets apart from monitoring the Durant situation. We do not have the assets to get him. And even if we had, Presti wouldn't trade him to us another antagonist for next summer's Durant's services.