1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He has major lapses to the extent that I've never seen another so called "Super Star" in the history of this league ever have. From flat out disgusting no defense effort multiple games in a row or committing the most turnovers ever because he forgot how to dribble the ball. It's flat out disturbing.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Karl about to get axed. Believe it or not, I personally believe this source. Not like Cyber but enough.

1 person likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I think he'd be a good fit; good bball iq and boxes out.

I thought his last year was team option, perhaps I looked at it wrong.

But what about that Justice Winslow? You just have to hope he can hit that 3 pt shot at a decent clip.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

WoJ just reported this

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

It's more likely that Griffin leaves than it is that he'd stay. Please remind me the last time a superstar with 1 1/2 years left on his contract got traded for 5 first round picks.

And LOL at the notion that a player outside the top 2 won't have star potential.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Final proof that the Kings insider is LEGIT.
    Two hours before Woj got enough confirmation to post it himself.

Not sure if I should post that, but I personally think it's a family member of a King's FO in the close circle of Vivek. He seems to be young. He posts a LOT of info. He is not in the agent's side.
    Do you know Sarver? He is one of the most impatient owners who is dying to get a star to win now.
    Wiggins is possibly more valuable than the 5 Bostn picks so there.
    Two of those picks combined are not enough to get a team in the lottery.
    The BKN pick will be out of the top2 most likely.
    Now we get to the BKN swap and the BKN 2018. The swap will happen after BKN has a new GM who will be able to attract talent. BKN is a big market and they have like 60 million capspace. They will be able to get a pg. Either Jennings or Lawson. By 2018 the chances are more that BKN is treadmilling than in the low lottery.
    One superstar in the hand > 3 meh chances at one who you HOPE will be 75% of what Griffin is right now.
    And then you have 2 years to convince him to stay. For someone like Sarver that it's good enough.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

If Wiggins is more valuable than 5 picks then that's because you're guaranteed to have him for at least 7 more years. Griffin is a guarantee for 1 1/2 years...that's it.

And okay, you bring up Sarver. Hypothetically, I bet he wouldn't give up Bledsoe, Booker, and 1 or 2 first round pick for Griffin. You can be impatient for a star, but that doesn't mean literally dealing everything. Griffin leaves in 2017 and they'd be absolutely screwed.

8. pli777

pli777 Member

People wishing for a vet minimum deal are delusional.

Even if he's not worth the max, he's still one of the most dominant big man in the game on rebounds and blocks. And Dwight knows that. If he's not getting something like 4 years $80m he's never going to be happy and messes with the whole team's chemistry.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Link to your said source so I can follow him too?

10. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Whose the Kings insider and what forum?

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

How is the JVG horse dead. We keep having threads about why not bringing him back.

Ok another reason not to bring JVGback. In a lost season JVG played Motumbo and other aging vets huge minutes in the last game or so to get another win or two which caused us to lose a few slots in the lottery.

Granted JVG might have just been trying to save his job.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Dozencousins. Sacramento board Real GM.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah and Wiggins may never end up be as good as Blake.
    Sarver? Hypothetically? Well NOT hypothetically Sarver traded a top pick for Knight, and then went and signed Tyson to that horrendous contract that noone else would give him only so he could lure LMA.

The Bkn picks are just that picks. Soon they will be players and those players have very small chance to even become a one time all-star.
    Right now you are saying you don't want a boat but the pick oh yeah it can be anything it can be even a boat.
    Well guess what. 99% it's not a boat. It ends up being a roleplayer or a good starter like Otto Porter (top 5 pick) and especially with this bad draft where except the top 2 the rest of the talent is almost equal=> meh.
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1417271&start=420

He posts info unfiltered so at I try to differentiate between info and his personal opinion.
    He said before (way before it was reported in the press) that Morrey called about Dwight (pure info) and then his opinion that Dwight will get traded (personal opinion).
    But I don't put much importance to his opinion because I'm certain he is not an agent.

14. CL Fly

CL Fly Member

Interesting bit posted by DozenCousins late January:

If anyone cares all can expect D.Howard to get traded he is going to be traded . I found this out late last night believe it or not the Rockets offered us D.Howard in a package involving Gay with Koufas plus in a deal . I don't know the whole offer but it was presented . I don't believe the Kings want Howard on this team & with his free falling decline ever since leaving the Magic I don't think I want him either especially at his current contract & the type of contract he will try & sign for as a Free Agent .

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sounds like the plan is to
    • Trade Howard
    • In failing to trade him, inform him directly or indirectly that they'd be happy letting him walk or forcing him to accept an offer of (Whatever? $20,000,000 per season for xyz seasons)

Of course, all of this removes Dwight's motivation to play for the team. Naturally he wants to hoist numbers so he can get a good contract. That'll be tough.

16. malakas

malakas Member

as I said above opinion =/= facts
    Fact: Morrey called sacramento to put in a feeler for Dwight in January. Fact: Asked for Gay+ Koufos + something more

Opinion no.1: he will get traded.
    Opinion no.2: Kings not interested (sounds about right)

More Facts: Dwight's agent found out that there are no max offers from Dwight's chosen teams on the table. Probably before Morrey called Kings.
    Fact: Morrey informed Dwight he will pay around 20 per and not max.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I feel like this is in response to someone being skeptical of cyberx repeatedly and not about jvg actually but I can't find my original post to verify

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

eh..you have some weird views imo. we'll agree to disagree.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks for the heads up, I asked him if he knew anything about a possible Howard deal on real gm, let's see if he replies.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is what the guy on the Kings forum said about Howard's current status just now.

1 person likes this.