1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Sorry, this thread lost me when it was mentioned that Dallas reps said they would not give D12 the max and he Lakers would not welcome D12 back. Both incidents would be considered tampering......punishable offenses. D12 is not worth the Max.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Yes i am. Otherwise griffin can be traded to the other 4 teams who are collecting assets for a star and whose assets are much better than a single Bkn pick.such as phoenix, orlando, lakers even philly.

Winslow wont be included. And they cant go after him this summer because whoever wants him will have to pay over 25 per to make sense financially for dwight and thats more $ than whiteside will get plus ths problem with the no bird rights remains.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.

Dwight is a better player than Whiteside, and adding him to the Heat help them in a wide open East. It will also make it easier to resign him if you are Miami.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

They can't sign Dwight, Wade, *and* KD.

Oh my...

You think 1 1/2 years of Blake Griffin is worth 5 first round picks (at least 2 of those will be very very high lottery picks)?

Ok...that's not the point. Giving up an asset like Winslow for a potential 3 month rental of Dwight is just dumb. Very dumb actually. Again, they can sign him in the off season.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Whiteside had 10 pts 10 rebs 10 blocks tonight.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm sorry.....try not to be so subtle; what are you trying to say?

;)

7. dmoneybangbang

Doubt the math works but mega 3 team trade:

Miami gets: Melo and Lawson + fillers for salary purposes
    NYK gets: Dragic, Howard, and Brewer + fillers for salary purposes
    Houston gets: Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, Justice Winslow, and fillers for salary purposes

Just an interesting trade.

Bev/Calderon
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Winslow
    DMo/Smith
    R.Lopez/Capela

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He will get max of 16-17mil/yr.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah because Griffin won't resign right for sure. Not even debatable. :rolleyes:
    And most of the 5 first round picks are crap anyway. Two of them are in the 20s in a horrible draft, one is most likely going to be outside of the top2 meaning it won't bring a player with star potential and the 2018 pick is most likely than not not in the high lottery.

Denver can trade Grffin to the Suns for just Booker+ Miami 2018 and that will trump anything Ainge has to offer unless he trades all his picks ..and even then.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This is like the anti homer trade, where we give up value and get long term crap in return

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I'd rather have Griffin than Durant.

12. dmoneybangbang

Long term crap? I disagree about the crap part as I think Robin Lopez's contract is generally good for his age (27) and production and we can move Jose Calderon next season if need be. Winslow is the main get in this trade.

I can't imagine us getting equal return for Howard give his age and what he wants (long term money).

13. dmoneybangbang

Also it wouldn't be the end of the world if we let Howard go for nothing, make a few minor trades to bolster depth and position of need (Lou Williams and Brandon Bass?) and roll the dice for the season.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

[​IMG]

15. dmoneybangbang

^^

Referring to rolling the dice on this season.

16. malakas

malakas Member

it's an ok contract Lopez. But Calderon if he was easy to move, NY would move him. They can't, because his contract is too big and too long. Worse than Brew's. Esp considering his age, and his matador defence.
    Don't be surprised if he's even bought out next year and stretched.

17. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Mia can come close to a $20mm offer to Dwight (or Whiteside) without renouncing Wade first. That's why there's real concern from Mia that they'll lose Whiteside for nothing. They can only sign Whiteside with cap space (same with Dwight) and they can't do that with Sade's cap hold.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ready for Harden to go. Teams have figured how to stop the guy. With or without Dwight and anyone we put at that center position we are going to watch Harden get B*** slapped through the playoffs. This reminds me of when Les thought listening to Mcgrady was a smart idea like Picking up Stromwile Swift and Bonzi Wells. When we finally got Artest who may not have been as offensively talented as Mcgrady but could play D we went far. Just look at what happened when we threw a lineup of Brewer, Ariza Terry, Smith and Howard during the playoffs. We spanked the Clips. No one needs to compensate for anyones inability to play defence. All 5 competent focused players playing as a cohesive unit. Harden's good for tickets and Regular season wins Howard shows up for the playoffs. I'll take the bigman.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Watching Howard play this season I am with you in your statement. The Rockets need to go with the plan of trading Howard on the trading deadline. There is no way Howard will take less than the max and he will leave for that max contract. The Rockets are better off getting something instead of nothing.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So wrong on a lot of levels but what ever you want to believe is your opinion.

Harden spanked the clips game 7 did he not?

Harden spanked the Warriors in our only win last year against them did he not?

Harden outplayed curry in games 1 and 2 were we lost by a combined 6 points on their home court in what's shaping up to be possibly the best team in NBA history?

Harden killed it last playoffs which lasted 17 games he shot 62% ts with 28/8/6 that's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Yes those guys killed it for a quarter and half to make a great comeback but cmon dude with out harden we would not have even made it to game 6 for that comeback to even be possible.

Nobody has solved harden he's still 28/7/6 on 59.5 ts with a 25 PER good for 6th in the entire league. Harden is far from being solved.

We need better defense from him but when he comes out the game and we have all defense in we still suck at defense the schemes are holding us back a lot more that one players lack of awareness on that end for parts of games.

1 person likes this.