1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. basketballholic

malakas,

Ibaka is a more valuable player than any shooting guard in the league other than Harden.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Ibaka plays the position of the two of three franchise cornerstone is much older than them and has two mroe years in his contract when he will leave for greener pastures.
    Middleton is younger is a perfect fit, is still expanding his game, wants to be here, and is under contract for 4 more years after this one in a bargain contract of 14 per declining.
    No thanx.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is he more valuable than Butler? Klay? DeRozan?

Mmkay

4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

But you have to think on the size. Is Middleton a top10 shooter in the league? In that case, I agree, it can be more valuable. Otherwise a big rebounding, defending with an average jumper is better

5. malakas

malakas Member

yes he is. He is top 10 shooter from 3 and from midrange who is just starting to also develop his playmaking just this year by being the pnr ballhandler AND he is developing his post up turnaround jumper.
    He is a workhorse who right after he got his max contract he begged for Wade to give him an opportunity to train with him this summer so he can be even better.

And he is the absolutely perfect fit next to the other two combo forwards.

Ibaka is extremely valuable. He is a unicorn. Any team would want to add him..except this one.
    And it's his rarity of skills that makes him that valuable.
    Now if Ibaka in a 3way trade could bring back someone like Turner from Indiana then I would do it.
    Other than that I am not trading Middleton for nothing less than a top 3 pick in a better draft than this one.

6. basketballholic

Absolutely.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

This thread just exploded lol. Thanks Cyber.

My god Please bring JVG back.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

OKC moving Ibaka before knowing KD's options for next year? I wonder what they want back in a haul for a player like him. He would be ideal on our team.

Edit: Would love to have JVG back!

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Lakers could be a very good team as early as this summer. They will have tons of money to spend on free agents, several promising young players, and probably a top 3 pick in the draft.

The Rockets talent isn't that special after Harden.

10. basketballholic

Don't know why malakas keeps bringing up Middleton. She knows Middleton, Giannis, and Jabari are set at the 2,3, and 4 spots. Milwaukee needs to fix their 1 and 5 spots.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

Based on what?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that very much depends on what FA they get to start. and the young players they have now are years away from becoming as good as they will need to be.

13. basketballholic

Knowing the league and how GMs value players.

If Ibaka were truly on the market....there'd be teams lining up for him. They'd have to offer BOTH an outstanding shooting guard and a young, replacement 2-way future star big man to get Ibaka.

Do you realize who runs OKC's front office? Do you really think they're going to trade Ibaka, the base of their whole defense, one of the top 3 defensive big men in the game.....for a shooting guard???????????????

They'd trade Kanter for a shooting guard though..............

Be sensible about this stuff. You don't have to know all the inside info to be able to look at some info (rumors) and figure out what's going on. This is an easy one. Ibaka is simply too good of a true 2-way big man on too good of a contract for them to trade him for a shooting guard.....period.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Much much respect cyber thanks for every bit of info #salute.

15. malakas

malakas Member

because Bucks fans are being pestered by OKC fans for the past 12 months who want to get Middleton.
    And because if it's true that Ibaka is getting shopped that would be for an elite young wing. (+ more assets and players depending on the wing)
    So I am trying to think what would Presti's targets be.
    Beal? He has much lesser value than Ibaka, is a question mark and Washington shouldn't trade with OKC if they want to get Durant. Or die trying.

Oladipo? (+ Harris at least) Can't shoot, so bad fit next to Westbrook.
    Cj? Can't defend well. Perhaps CJ+ Aminu + Plumlee?
    Bradley? Perhaps. Add Bradley+ Crowder.
    Yeah I think Presti would do that deal. But would Ainge do that?

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I've always thought Ibaka and Cousins are a match made in heaven. Send him to Sacto and watch the wins come rolling in.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

What are you ranting about?

I haven't read any of the rumors and I'm not even talking about that. No where have I talked about trading Ibaka or not.

I just don't believe that Ibaka has more value around the league than say a Jimmy Butler

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wait, what -- Middleton wants to be here as in here, The Toy Shop here? This is known how? And who would be effecting a deal 'tween n 'twixt?

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ibaka's contract inflates his value. But, to what extraordinary value?

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If Golden state is trying to trade Barnes like bbholic said I want in on that in a 3 team trade where we land Barnes but I also don't want GS acquiring to much lol