1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking for a scorer off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

We need someone else who can score and handle the ball well. We thought that would be Lawson, not so much the scoring but playmaking, but obviously it simply hasn't worked out.

I always take these rumors with a grain of salt, but Lou Williams (a proven 6th man, scorer, and playmaker) can the lead unit when Harden is on the bench and play off the ball mostly when Harden is in.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes.

For all intents and purposes, Ty Lawson is not a part of this team.

Failed trade. It happens.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6man like Lou will

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've wanted Lou Williams on this team for a long time. No to the other names.

5. basketballholic

Understand. But he's one of the few Rockets with trade value right now.

The reason why I said Hood signals to me we are discussing Ariza in trade is because Hood is in the Jazz rotation and is playing well and is a first round draft pick. For the Jazz to move him, they're going to have to get back a rotation replacement and some future asset. (And that probably isn't enough to get them to do it.) They're not going to trade Hood for Dekker for instance. And they're not going to trade Hood for a couple high second rounders when Hood was drafted in the first and is playing well.

So...if we are indeed trying to discuss Hood with the Jazz...then Ariza plus other assets like Dekker/Thornton/picks has to be on the table.

Which tells me what I have suspected for a couple weeks now. Ariza is on the table. I think it's about 50/50 whether he is here past Feb. 18th. Ariza has a ton more trade value for instance than Brewer does. So while we would prefer to move Brewer we may not be able to get much for Brewer. While Ariza could potentially be a part of a deal for a substantially better player (if we merge him with other assets).

6. basketballholic

cyberx stating Harden's teammates are upset with him confirms what another poster friend here already told me privately over a week ago. Multiple players not enjoying playing with Harden.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Scoring??? We need MOAR!!! ;)

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/i7j0eaWplzD/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Funny, BUT you can also win if your opponent scores less than you do ... ;)

MOST fans on CF's aren't happy with him as well!!!

<iframe width="520" height="292" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xylUReRnHxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. No Chill Rocket

Brewer for The GOAT Joey Dorsey??

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Players capable of scoring 51 points don't grow on trees, man!

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is where Dwight should step up...Im tired of hearing about his BS of NOT having chemistry with Harden on the floor...He needs to demand Harden to play better by doing so himself. If Harden is dominating the offensive scoring load, Dwight needs to lead on defense. He hasnt done it and as a result the Rockets sit at 12-14. Instead what we have is a Dwight that makes/draws stupid fouls...and forgot that this team needs his defensive prowess to become a contender again. Their getting NOTHING from Dwert...in terms of his leadership as a defensive anchor. So his talking should fall on deaf ears.

We need to be a top 5 defensive team first...That is what allowed Golden State to evolve into the monster it currently is. By learning how to play as a team on defense, the Rockets would naturally learn to trust each other and play as a unit instead of the garbage that is seen now.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

you just won't stop will you with him. It's a whole lot more than looking at the stats on espn.com. news flash it doesn't tell you what has transpired up to this point and all the problems this team is having.

12. basketballholic

By the way,

Just speculating on my part, if we're looking for a bench scorer, it could be because we are shuffling Thornton off to the Pels as part of a deal. And New Orleans would make some sense as a trade partner since Thornton is from Baton Rouge.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I really don't think most people realize how badly the first 3 games of the season have dragged his overall numbers down. I'm not saying ignore the first 3 games, they happened and he was terrible, but take a look at the 23 games in total since those first 3 and compare it to last year when he was widely considered amazing, untradable and so forth.....

Last year:

27.4/5.7/7.0/1.9/0.7 with 4.0 turnovers

.440/.375/.868 and a .605 TS%

Assist % - 34.6
    Turnover % - 14 9

In the last 23 games of this season:

30.5/6.2/6.8/1.9/0.7 with 4.7 turnovers

.439/.380/.861 and .602 TS%

Assist % - 34.2
    Turnover % - 15.8

Almost identical.

1 person likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Iunderstand what you are saying but there is no match with Utah.
    PG? They dont want one that will cost any assets.
    BIG? Yes only for Lyles available.

Booker wasn't even available in the first place he's very important in their rotation. Ariza is simply useless to them. Does't fit position wise, or age wise.

Ofc Ariza has MUCH more value than Brew. Brew is at best giving you back sweet Lou, but Ariza can bring back real good value.

But time is running out and his value too is diminishing with father time. Next year when he will be 31 he will be worth less and less.

15. malakas

malakas Member

IF we get Young or Lou then there is NO excuse whatsoever left for Harden and his defence.
    There will be someone else who can score, and his minutes will go down and so he can focus on the other end without..."getting tired". :rolleyes:

16. Drogba

Drogba Member

[​IMG]

That Ariza?

D-Mo and Jones are our most valuable assets after Harden.

17. CertifiedTroll

I am a very big R. Hood fan. His game is nice, just needs to gain more confidence. But dear god do not take Swaggy P.

18. malakas

malakas Member

LOL
    LOL
    I am surprised you didn't say that Harden is our ONLY valuable asset considering you are a Harden Only fan but this will suffice to show to everyone how delusional you are.

Swaggy has improved his defence this year. He is a better defender than Lou. Hood is out of our ability to trade for with our available assets unless you want to trade Capella.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This team has MAJOR issues on defense. We are one of the worst in the league giving up 100 plus on a nightly basis. Sure we get deflections and steals etc...but we have NO structure on defense. Our rotations are piss poor and we cant hide James and Lawson on defense, bc they dont know HOW to play team defense.

Till this team figures out HOW to dominate on defense(and we have most of the personal to do so) we WONT get out of this rut. When the Rockets were having success last season, it was because players understood their roles and played defense. We were in the top 5 defensively early on, and as a result we won. Sometime around the end of the season, and throughout the playoffs...this Rocket's team started allowing opponents to score at will from everywhere. That disturbing trend continued this season...and has cost this team tremendously.

You are going to have nights when your shot ISNT falling...but there is NO reason why the Rockets arent competing defensively every night.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if what cyberx has posted is indeed true, morey needs to be fired. it does not matter which pieces he switches in and out, the offensive and defensive systems still need to be scrapped and replaced. this team needs a direction, an identity, leadership, and a coach to design and execute all this.