1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets leaning towards D'Antoni is also a way to show Dwight the door

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 18, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't see too many free agents getting in line to play for D'Antoni. That's what disappoints me most. The culture/reputation of the team will not improve with this.

2 people like this.
  2. MONON

MONON Member

Let's see now; 3-8 is 5 years, 8-12 is 4 years & 2-4 is 2 years. Good news, sports fans. We'll only have 1 year of the "coach in a can"! :grin:

2 people like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sounds like perfect Les Logic. I think fans should start a gofundme or whatever to buy the team... With enough of us (and hopefully with enough money from the rich fans...) someone can push him out. It's time :)

Ooooo also a Whitehouse response petition, Lolol I'm not serious on either, but sadly it's still probably better logic (just Wtf, Les).

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This looks better than Morey math, it's time to hire you as GM :) I'm not joking, lol, Morey knows 3 is more than 2,but doesn't realize missing 20-30 a night ¡≠ a win.... Wth

6. basketballholic

I speculated this based on other info I had about Dwight and his agent. Some of that info about Dwight came from another member here that has connections. He shared a little. I went to another source and got them to verify what happened after the fact. Which resulted in speculating that making sure Dwight doesn't opt in happens. It was a guess. But a guess with a lot of background info that I can't share right now. Maybe later.

1 person likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I honestly don't think the coaching matters at all with regard to free agents. The situation here is too chaotic and the reputation of the organization is too damaged to lure a quality free agent(and certainly not two) this summer.

I'm actually fine with the Rockets sucking this season and possibly one or two years beyond that. Provided of course, they draft wisely and start rebuilding towards contending again.

But if we're gonna stink for a few years, why not hire a young, up-and-coming head coach and not a 65 year-old retread? Do what the Celtics did. They replaced Doc with Brad Stevens to oversee a rebuilding project. And now a few years later, they've made the playoffs 2 straight years, they have a good young roster, and Ainge has set them up with a crapload of capspace, assets, and draft picks.

This hire reeks of a desperate attempt to produce a high paced, high scoring offense to mask the fact that this team is going nowhere for the next few years. If they can't contend, at least try to be entertaining. But that's not gonna work with this fanbase which has been suffering through nearly 2 decades of almost never contending.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Offense wins championships...wait

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good inside info.

_holic >>>>>> cybererx

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If we hire this guy I expect us to miss the playoffs next year and go deeper and deeper in the lottery with each progressive year. 76ers status by 2020

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Now we have 2 Moreys. 1 is a GM the other is a Coach.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Nice. Now its confirmed.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey was always "the coach".

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

How about we go get.....Rubio to run MDA offense harden plays more off ball.

Steve Nash 2.0 lol

15. Fantasma Negro

You're the only one

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure Dantoni will want to go out and get a PG like Ricky Rubio! ;)

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Now we talking. Sign me up Nash 2.0 lol

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

The Magic are showing a lot of love and are very focused in on very few candidates. A coach I spoke to told me, "Its a power struggle with the owner and the GM, it seems like they are all over the place, they are interviewing 30 people and making it seem like no one is more important than the other"

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you talking about us or the magic?