1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets leaning towards D'Antoni is also a way to show Dwight the door

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 18, 2016.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No one would sign here. Barkley wasn't too far off with his Titanic metaphor. This is a sinking ship. I'm fully expecting a complete rebuild over the next few years and Harden will almost certainly be dealt as he'll threaten to walk in 2018.

I just hope 2-3 straight losing seasons compel Les to sell the team to someone who gives a damn.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can't trade Dwight before the free agents start making their rounds.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tom Thibodeau to Mike D'Antoni.

LOL Dreams. That's all it ever was with Thibodeau & Van Gundy & Vogel & Joerger.

Hey, we couldn't stop anyone to save our lives so we're gonna hire the guy who plays one side of the ball. — Leslie Alexander logic

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The dreams are crumbling like a handful of pringles.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Over/under on how many seasons D'Antoni lasts until he resigns?

I say 1

2003: Became Suns head coach
    2008: Resigned
    2008: Became Knicks head coach
    2012: Resigned
    2012: Became Lakers head coach
    2014: Resigned

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

7. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

Cyber can you provide any update on Frank Vogle? Has he been interviewed and Is he still in the running for the HC position?

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well that's really really stupid. You don't pick a head coach because you are scared of a player opting in. This whole thing just keeps getting worse. What a freakin nightmare.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cowards all around. Specially the delusionals fans that always apologizing for Morey. A special **** YOU!

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

More like a can of Pringles getting run over by a bus, Deuce, and we're holding the can.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If Dwight were to opt in how quickly can he be traded? Immediately?

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

WOJ = Cyber. Either that, or they are bomb brothers.

1 person likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here..........you don't like Daryl Morey, do you?

You and cheke64 and others have an I-Hate-Daryl-Morey Meetup Group, etc etc...

Whoops....speak of the Devil and he shall appear....

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If I stop reading or listening to the news maybe the nightmare will stop.... ****, man lol.

This is exactly how it goes down.. The D'Antoni Bros join up and then get Morey to get stoudemire back and Nash out of retirement, offer them insane money, and then...... Instead of Barnes get Joe Johnson and Jeremy Lin. That's instant win, like it'd be GSW 2.0 x 100. Just ****ing awesome!!!! Harden will basically tell the organization to "**** off" and then proceed to wait to get traded from this worse than a dumpster fire team.

What's worse than a dumpster fire, you might ask??? The mother ****ing 2017 Houston Rockets!!!!!!!!! Going straight for 9-73!!! Go!!! Rockets!!

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So... part of the reason we are hiring D'Antoni is as a Dwight repellant? This franchise is a joke.
    Les is no better than Vivek or Pera. Just a complete moron with no basketball experience or knowledge making HUGE decisions for this franchise.

D'Antoni would be a decent assistant coach, but wtf are we really going the all offense no defense route for a THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR with this dude running the team?

1 person likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL maybe 2??God I hope not.... Less than 1 :) can we do 0???lololol

18. Nero

Nero Member

You don't think any of that is on Dwight?

Look, I like Dwight as a person, I think he is a nice guy, has a good heart, and genuinely wants good things for everyone.

BUT.

The guy can't shoot. He can't post-up, he can't beat his defender one on one, much less beating a double-team. And all they need to do is foul him, because he simply can't hit free throws. So you have what is essentially a turnover, statistically speaking, every time you give him the ball.

Which would be ok, IF.. if he would simply accept his limitations, and limit himself to playing defense, blocking shots, setting screens, and rolling to the bucket for very reliable alley-oop dunks.

But he won't do that, instead he believes he should be a pivotal part of the offense. And anyone who would advocate regularly giving Dwight the ball on offense is INSANE.

I'm sorry, but he has to go.

And that is a fact.

Any any potential free agents the Rockets would be looking at would already know this.

So this is not anything against the organization, and it doesn't make the Rockets look bad. It makes Dwight look bad, and frankly delusional.

2 people like this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Just like the D'Antoni Bros, but not as helpful to franchises not named the Suns.... Team USA doesn't count, JBB might have a chance of not ****ing that up, since no Brewer :)

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here.

I need someone to tell me A SINGLE reason why Dwight should opt in, cause i can't find one....on the other hand i can find multiple reason why he should opt out.