1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm leaning yes...

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Right on cyberx, right on.

Lebron/Melo/Dwight =

[​IMG]

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A Jeremy Lin trade, I'm told, won't likely happen unless one of big-time free agents commits. But as I've reported, they have deals teed up.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/481984281426677761">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guessed this one accurately, I'm on a roll.

1 person likes this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

So Lowry tells Toronto he's walking to Houston. Houston asks for a SnT , offering Lin, #25, a 2nd round pick, and $3.3 million.

Then you cross your fingers and hope Love doesn't get dealt on draft night. You turn around and offer TJones, Asik, DMo, Canaan, 2015 and 2017 1st, and 2nd round draft picks for Love.

This this really possible?

Lowry
    Harden
    Parsons
    Love
    Howard

Taxes would be nuts...but wow!

5. ryebread

ryebread Member

yea so the thing with Asik is...

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Don't let the haters get you. It's fun having you around. Some people are never EVER satisfied.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We sign Lowry outright now. We then trade Lin, Jones, Motiejunas, 25th pick, 42nd pick, NO's 2015 pick and our 2016 first rd pick for Love.

So that still works

Highly doubt we'd get Love without giving up Parsons though. I could see a trade like

Sign Lowry first..
    Parsons (S&T), Lin, Jones, 25th pick, 42nd pick, NO's 2015 pick and our 2016 first for Love and Budinger.

Lowry/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels
    Budinger/
    Love/Motiejunas
    Howard/

Not as sexy but much more realistic lol

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

option 4 means he's not an option. Hahahaha, Lowry must be so excited to join us when Morey finally turns to him. Well, being option 4 behind those 3 is no shame though.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

You guys really think Lowry would want to come back here and revisit Mchale 2.0? I have a feeling that if we lose out on our top 3 or 4 targets, target 5 (lowry) will not want to come back here especially with revolving starter/back up PG situation we often seem to have under Mchale. We could just end up with Lin and target 6 and 7 (solid defending vets/role players.) And honestly, I think Morey isn't too worried about that scenario either.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

10. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

This all wouldnt have needed if we kept Dragic. SMH. Dragic will always be "that one who got away".

Dragic/Beverly tandem wouldve been terror for all Guards in the league. Best defensive guards.

11. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

BTW, there's a great article about Lowry regretting being immature and leaving Houston Rockets. Just google it. He truly loved Houston but the whole Mchale thing was cause Lowry loved Adelmans system cause thats where he was at his best and was scared of not having same success with Mchales. Lowry will come back to Rockets in a heart beat.

12. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

lowry isn't coming here

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There is no way that Lowry would be back up PG here.

Whilst I agree he'd be hesitant coming back to play under McHale - I'm sure the allure of contending would help him keep his focus on the positive things.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'll always miss Kyle Lowry. Dude was a stud.

I was wrong about him during the AB vs. KL debate. As it turned out, KL is the better overall player, although AB's shooting range is limitless.

Cyberx--- I had not heard about Lowry on the table. Cool stuff. I thought that one was too burned. Like irreconcilable. Guess I'm wrong?

Kyle said he wished he listened to McHale(I think in an article/interview). I think Houston is a closed chapter in his life, especially with Mchale trying to run the offense.

But I'd welcome KLow back any day of the week. Such an upgrade over our current depth at the 1. PatBev is a keeper, but he is still not Kyle Lowry yet.

It's cool how trading Rafer breathed a whole NEW LIFE into Kyle. Without that trade, he may have been rotting on a bench still.

Crazy how life happens. Good for Kyle. He deserves to be paid and to be happy. He is a very hard worker.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I would love to have Lowry back on the rocket. He's the perfect fit next to harden, he shoots the 3 can play off ball and can run the offense while also playing great defense. Most importantly he's a bulldog leader. He'll get in players face and ppl respect him because of his fight.

With that said you absolutely gotta go for the big fish first. At the end of the day talent wins in the nba and lebron melo love bosh are just that much more talented.

I do howeve feel that adding Lowry with an improved harden on defense and parsons resigned along with what Dwight did in the playoffs would be enough to come out the west. It would be a lot tougher than having the big fish but it would be possible.

16. Illegal Machine

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-ky...-of-the-nba-s-top-point-guards-225543400.html

"Looking back, the unraveling under McHale still festers with Lowry. He wishes he had been smarter, surer of himself, less combative in carving out his turf in the NBA. He wishes he had grown up sooner. For Lowry, reaching peace with these revelations gave him the chance to change everything with the Raptors.

“I would have done things differently in Houston,” Lowry says. “I really respected Kevin McHale. I wish I would have had an opportunity to play for him longer. The things he was teaching me, well, I didn’t understand right away. When you get away from someone, though, see it from the outside looking in, you go back and think, ‘Damn, I could’ve learned some more things from the guy.’

“I wanted to stay with Coach Adelman and needed to get over that. [McHale] came in with a different philosophy, and I wish I could’ve adapted to it quicker.”

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why S&T for Lowry? He's seeking 10-12 mil, Rockets have 14 mil in cap space.

18. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Expect Toronto GM Masai Ujiri to make aggressive bid to keep Kyle Lowry at midnight, try to wrap up deal before Miami/Houston can engage.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/483651343953829888">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

2 people like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Expect Toronto GM Masai Ujiri to make aggressive bid to keep Kyle Lowry at midnight, try to wrap up deal before Miami/Houston can engage.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/483651343953829888">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Too slow old man.