1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

This officially ends all cyberx credibility doubt, right?

...right?

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Thanks for the credit guys.

Will keep the opinions down...

Thought some people would like opinions I get from some scouts. Didn't know it bothered many of you guys.

2 people like this.
  3. jacoby

jacoby Member

You have as much a right to share your opinions as the other members on this site. Post away. =}

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think it matters what you're posting as long as it doesn't violate what Clutch expects. God forbid someone posts an opinion on a forum. lol.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Didn't bother me at all. Please keep posting as you always have. Why would anyone not want them considering how clued in you are?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why are you posting up a 50 percent free throw shooter with very little time on the clock? You just make it easier for the defense to collapse on him - even if 5 hey don't foul, with very little left for a kickout.

Not exactly a high IQ move

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

No. You are certainly entitled to your opinions. I post nothing but opinions on this board too.

But people call you out for being a fake because they take your opinions as factual, as some have trouble differentiating between passing on a factoid and stating an opinion.

That's my opinion on this. Feel free to disagree.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Well... it depends. If Howard was somehow the go to scorer with 5 seconds left and the game is on the line, that would have meant the play broke down horribly as he is inconsistent at best from the FT lines though this year more consistent than not. I would hazard a guess that just about anyone on the same team as Howard is a better FT shooter. There is also the HIGH possibility that he may simply get stripped trying to pretend he has a serious post game. Here it is no question that I rather have Pau over Dwight. That's not saying much though, considering I would just about rather have anyone but Dwight.

Now that said, if it was 5 seconds left on a fast break or pick and roll, I would definitely take Dwight over Gasol.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Post whatever you feel like. But actually. And I guess as long as it stays within rules as well :p

10. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

[​IMG]

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Post all the information you get. Posters like you are what made this site awesome. Doc Rocket is also missed on this site. Hopefully when the flux of JLin fans are gone from this site we'll be back to the norm again.

12. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I actually love the opinions.

Although, for the newer board members /posters, I think it might be helpful if you acknowledged an opinion as an opinion or somehow categorized opinions and insider information differently.

I enjoy knowing how people in NBA front offices think, especially in comparison to an average fan like me.

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

Just for future reference- when I quote or say sources, that is not an opinion.

I should be talking to some people in and around New York tonight.

Draft is tomorrow, let's welcome these rooks in ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. SirKen

SirKen Member

Too many crazy homers here who are unable to deal with any type of criticism, be it right or wrong.

Personally, I find the scout opinions just as interesting.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

LOL, that's not happening. I'm curious to see what Morey does with the pick, but I think the sure bet is that we aren't keeping it unless some Euro Prospect falls.

I'm not sure if Lin gets moved tomorrow, but I think tomorrow is the day for Asik. I can't see us keeping him even if we don't get a top player. Worst case scenario, we get higher value for him now than at the deadline and we can use part of the MLE to sign Okafor

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There has never been anybody in this forum with inside information that didn't attract a band of people that were offended by something.

Don't change. If you do they'll find something else to complain about.

I don't think they do it on purpose. I just think there is a strong natural drive in some people that compels them to tear down anything that has been built up.

17. SirKen

SirKen Member

That wouldn't make sense. How are you planning to sign Melo or Lebron then? Otherwise, deal.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

There is no MLE to use if we trade Asik.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I would be happy with Lowry as Option 1.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Most of the people harassing cyberx were responding to his actual insider info, not his opinions. What they couldn't grasp is that this info was a snapshot of a point in time, not an iron clad guarantee of what was going to happen. This became incredibly irritating after Clutch vouched for him.