1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

But basketball IQ alone doesn't determine a player's value.

Let me ask you this.

Better basketball IQ, Luis Scola or Shaq?

Now this one:
    Better basketball player, Luis Scola or Shaq?

Seems silly to assume that star FAs are making decisions based on basketball IQ only.

Besides since we're talking in context of the Rockets it doesn't really matter. 5 seconds left you give the ball to Harden who was the #1 clutch player in the NBA last season. Why would you give the ball to Howard or Gasol?

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If they really just wanted to free up cap space, you don't think that they could easily trade Randolph to a team with cap space, take no salary in return and get a pick back?

If we're assuming that we can trade Asik for only a draft pick in return (and I do believe that to be true) then you'd have to think that Randoph would be even easier to move.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A couple caveats there: The pick received wouldn't exactly put its hand on my thigh (get me all excited). Although in this draft every pick is at a premium.

And Randolph would count as $16,938,333 against the cap. It's a big salary to absorb, especially for many of the teams with cap space, who want to suck (for now).

Granted, Asik and Lin will each make some beaucoup dinero, but as you know better than me, even if they're not worth it, at least it isn't a huge cap hit.

4. basketballholic

No, I don't think they can easily do that. And they need to be under the cap by July 1 so they can talk Pau into coming to Memphis instead of going to the Knicks or TWolves.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No I don't see it because it hasn't happened. All that you are saying is nothing but speculation.

Now if they really want Pau they could give him the vet max
    correct. Pau is not worth another large contract.

6. basketballholic

No, they cannot give Pau the vet max. They are over the cap. They have to get Zach off the books. They have to get him to not take the last year on his contract. And then they'll have somewhere around $10-13 million to work with to sign Pau.

It may be speculation but a known insider (cyberx) has verified Pau's desire to play with his brother and my sources have been telling me about Memphis wanting Pau alongside Marc for around a year now.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My real question here is who the hell cares about Pau Gasol?? I have no idea why cyberx even brought him up in the first place? I STILL don't see his point about basketball IQ in regards to Dwight and the current situation. Was the point really that Pau is a smarter basketball player than Dwight?? Ok, so he has a better OFFENSIVE IQ than Dwight. Is he the better basketball PLAYER? No, he's not. There isn't a single person in the NBA right now that would take Pau Gasol over Dwight Howard, so condescending remarks aside, what's the point of this discussion??

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Pau who? Gasol? Better than Zach Randolph? Please elaborate

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

in my own opinion, Pau Gasol at $10 million is a lot better than Zach Randolph at $16 million.

I prefer Zach's beastmode performances in the playoffs but Gasol ain't bad, especially if he comes at a value contract.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Did someone say something about Lowry possibly being an option? Interesting.

11. basketballholic

I care about Pau Gasol because he could have a huge effect on a Kevin Love trade.

12. steddinotayto

Houston gets Lowry in a S&T for Lin, future 2nd, and Terrence Jones

Houston then sends Asik, Parsons, #25, and future 1st for Kevin Love

Morey and Ariza breaks bread and he re-signs for the MLE

Howard
    Love
    Ariza
    Harden
    Lowry

#championship

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And one of the largest vaginas too.

1 person likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

[​IMG]

15. steddinotayto

Sorry that was absurdly big guys but I guess it drove home sammy's point?:(

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

The compete on defense part is a stretch.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kyle Lowry could be a big winner in the free agency chase for LeBron James. <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick">@sam_amick</a> explains how: <a href="http://t.co/Af0LkHYnYq">http://t.co/Af0LkHYnYq</a></p>&mdash; USA TODAY Sports NBA (@usatodaynba) <a href="https://twitter.com/usatodaynba/statuses/481934593835425793">June 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. domd221

domd221 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>At <a href="https://twitter.com/USATODAYsports">@USATODAYsports</a>: On free agency backup plans &amp; how Kyle Lowry might find his way back to Houston - <a href="http://t.co/834UiaGicp">http://t.co/834UiaGicp</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/481936055096971264">June 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Cyber is so legit, doubters are unbelievable

2 people like this.
  20. cyberx

cyberx Member

Thanks for the love Trey. YOU are one of the people that keeps me here.

3 people like this.