1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Agree that it's hard to see Morey giving up Parsons, but we don't know what the whole picture would be. If Parsons is included, that means we may keep other assets (Jones, Asik, picks) to fill Parsons' spot. I'm confident that Morey wouldn't ride with Garcia as the starting 3.

I would love getting Rondo, and I believe that Morey is of the philosophy that you acquire talent first and then figure out how to mesh it together. Remember what he said about not having the 3rd best player on a championship team?

If there is an opportunity to vault us into true championship contention NOW, Morey is doing it. Windows don't stay open that long in the NBA.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No on Parsons! I'm sick to death of buying jerseys and then the guys get traded!

1 person likes this.
  3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I can't see Parsons involved in a deal unless we send a larger salary (Asik, Lin). Rondo is a great player but without a 1st rounder and/or another rotation player I'm afraid of that move.

This has pyrrhic victory written all over it.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

You can't just buy in what you want to hear silly Rockets fans. Rockets are either interested in Rondo and are willing to offer Parsons or the sources are liars. IMO CyberX has been more reliable than the other sources (DocRocket( how is this guy even considered a source)ect.., because he at least broke the news of the strength coach so we know he has SOME connections to legit sources.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The source is the OP. Whether or not you believe him is the issue.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Is parsons in discussion ? Please confirm this of he is morey is making a huge mistake

8. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Should trade Bev, Lin, Asik, Tjones, Dmo, Garcia, Casspi, Parsons for Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger, Bass, Kelly O., Green, Pepperoni, and any combination of the corpses of Wallace or KHumps. Houston Celtics here we come.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do NOT trade Chandler Parsons!

I would be ok with this, though :p.

[​IMG]

10. smr6

smr6 Member

So you are actually making my point. He is repeating what he has been told. Now, if that is something that Morey wanted out, that is not for me to judge. But, you just made my point rather than refuted it.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I want this to happen!

I was skeptical of an addition of Rondo because of his lack of shooting and adding that to an already mediocre shooting team can be trouble. But, I think this team has transformed from its shoot threes nonstop days in the past few weeks. We are now more Dwight central, so getting him the ball should be most important and Rondo can do that as well as anybody. Hopefully this allows Harden to become more of a finisher instead an initiator.

Asik, Lin, 2 1st (2014 and 2016) and filler for Rondo, Joel Anthony/Jerryd Bayless (for salary match) and 2nd round pick/filler.

12. j3i

j3i Member

Please don't go through. Parsons is the only guy I own a jersey for since Olajuwon and Drexler.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What kind of star guard shoots 60 percent from the free throw line? Would not give up Parsons.

14. Classic

Classic Member

If Parsons was traded that truly is indicative of a 'I view my players as assets' Morey move

wow

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Slap yourself.

16. eslate22

eslate22 Member

if wojo says its happening... then its happening

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Is he repeating something that he has been told, or is he just making things up? My vote is with the latter.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is how I feel too, mostly.

Perhaps not the popular opinion, but I'm more in favor of standing pat and seeing how things go with the current roster finally healthy.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

That was before his acl surgery. Right now, he's playing like a shell of his former self. His numbers this season are not impressive at all.

Rockets are in win now mode. There's no time to wait for rondo to come back to pre acl injury form, that's IF he ever comes back 100%.

20. smr6

smr6 Member

And my vote is that you are wrong.

See, we all have a vote :)