1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The only problem that I have with Rondo is spacing. If Dwight is going to post up the defense is most likely going to double, and leave Rondo open. He has to hit the open jumper.

2. steady

steady Member

Not that. :) And I can't see Parsons being traded.

I just think Morey respects Parsons enough that if even a flicker of chance Parsons would be traded, he would let Parsons know and discuss with him.

3. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't a matter of being anti-Rondo, it is anti-Rondo for Chandler Parsons. If you add Rondo and subtract Parsons, you do not have a single average or better three point shooter in the line up. Further, you suddenly have 3/5 of your starting line up struggling at the line.

I have no issue giving up Lin and even two number ones for Rondo, you can make talent work... but not for Parsons.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you could do Rondo and Illyasova that would be exciting.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Jones is the guy you should have the problem with, not rondo for spacing.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

With Rondo a stretch 4 wouldn't be a luxury but a necessity.

7. Pete the Cheat

Anyone who has the time on their hands to spam Rockets threads with allusions to Poe from their mothers basement has my respect.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dude I would trade Lin, Asik, Jones and Parsons for Rondo and Green. Once Green puts on a rockets uniform in our system specifically our style of offense Green may end up averaging more than what he averages now which is 16.4 points. I mean Parson only puts up .6 more points a game even though the tangibles are underestimated.

1 person likes this.
  9. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Same.

This better not go down with Parsons included :(

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Trading Parsons (especially to a team like the Celtics), would be such a dick move considering all he did to get Dwight here.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What is this nonsense about trading Parsons?? Morey is about to screw everything up!!!:mad:

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

He now has my enmity.

Not two pages after the post I quoted, I run across him alluding to Clutch being a liar for "traffic and peace".:rolleyes:

Here's a clue for you jtr.....you will NEVER find any member of the Crew here promoting bull**** for ANY reason.

Better watch your posting jtr.....I'm watching you.

1 person likes this.
  13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'd MUCH rather go a different route that involves improving the team while keeping Parsons. Would our team really be that much better? And what message does it send to our team and players around the league if we trade the guy that's done so much for us both on and off the court while being paid peanuts?

14. alin86

alin86 Member

I'd like trade Asik, Patrick Beverly and our pick this year for Rondo

15. xAliceInChains

Trading Parsons would just be like dying, I literally might die if Parsons is traded.

16. Doktor Mndbndr

Somehow, I imagine Les as a guy with a hundred million liquid, and excellent cash flow. He's not exactly running out of cash and giving Morey a firm order to salary dump.

17. rogower

rogower Member

I don't see Parsons getting moved in a Parsons trade. I also don't know why a rebuilding/tanking Danny Ainge would want either Jeremy Lin or Omer Asik. I'll post my trade projection again:

Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik to New York;

Tyson Chandler and filler (Ronnie Brewer) to Phoenix;

Iman Shumpert, Donatas Motiejunas, two first round picks (one from Phoenix, one from Houston), and Emeka Okafor (expiring contract) to Boston;

Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass, and Miles Plumlee to Houston.

There are similar scenarios, e.g., Jeremy Lin winds up in Sacramento, but all scenarios result in Boston getting back exclusively young guys on rookie contracts, draft picks, and expiring contracts.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THANK YOU.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Thank you I didn't want to engage and add fuel to his tirade, but glad someone came down with the hammer on him.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LOL, parsons is not going to be traded..... come on guys. I know this is fun and all, but let just get real and calm down! lol