1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Westbrook has been just as injured as Rondo.

2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

With Rondo comes a new head coach that can handle him and all the other players while having an actual offensive system for Rondo to run.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Spears didn't say it was squashed. Remember when Morey was willing to trade for Dwight even when he threatened never to re-sign? Sacramento may well take that risk with Rondo. 2015 is a long time away.

And really with Sacramento they almost have to take that risk since few players love that market. Chris Webber was crying on the plane to Sacramento when he got traded there.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I hope you mean the clippers because an older Love + old, busted Kobe + filler < current Wolves.

Personally I hope it's the Lakers because if we don't get him, I'd love to see the Laker fans get their hopes crushed...again...

5. Remii

Remii Member

I'm not an advocate of going after Rondo but this post is why I wouldn't be mad if we got him. I believe Rondo would force Harden to shoot more without a decline in his free throw attempts and he would do a better job at getting Howard ball.

Also a small lineup of Rondo, Bev, and Harden may be better defensively in the backcourt.

Free throw shooting and 3 point shooting would take a drop but Rondo forcing Harden and Howard to take more shots a game could make up for it and he makes the team better defensively.

6. verysimplejason

Crash?

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I did the trade on realgm trade checker and it gets approved

And really chandler is a good player and he gets the most love from this board but he is just as inconsistent... His defense is consistent but his shot is way too flat to ever be relied on (my opinion).

Worrying about signing him is another headache I don't want to worry about

#727 slickricky, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I hear it's Los Alamos or Larry Appleton.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cyberx, Rondo wouldn't resign with Sacramento. Do you get the assumption he would re-up with Houston if traded here? Or would he be a rental?

10. recboil

recboil Member

this is what I'm thinking. I don't think parsons or lin are going anywhere. boston's rebuilding and they want to keep their salary as low as possible with dmo and bev. I could see them building around asik since he's so solid.

not a fan of rondo....McHale doesn't have the strongest grasp of all the talent on this team...can you imagine rondo under McHale? lowry 2.0

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Why wouldn't he resign with a team as good as the Rockets? It would be tough for him to find a team in a better situation.

12. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I'm all for Rondo. He brings the toughness, leadership, and playoff experience this team needs. He'll reduce the turnovers and handle the pressure - especially when the playoffs start. Frankly, that's my biggest worry about this team right now. He can also guard the premier point guards in the West as others have said.

I'm not a fan of trading Parsons for him, however. I think people underestimate how good Parsons is. His off the ball movement helps make the offense go. When Parsons was out earlier this season, the team was almost unwatchable.

13. Progs

Progs Member

My source just told me that Dmo is off limits.
    :cool:

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

While Houston would love to trade Omer Asik, a source said it won’t trade reserve Jeremy Lin due to the scoring value he brings. Yahoo! Sports

15. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

won't trade Lin, but they'll trade CP.

What you up to Morey?

16. amaru

amaru Member

Fair enough. Thx

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey has to do what he can now, because it's a good chance melo ends up with clippers or Portland next year. We can't stand pat looking for backup 3&D guy, thinking that's going to take us to the next level. Rockets won't be the only team trying to make moves now and this summer FYI morey knows this and he's doing what he can

18. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

plus hou needs everyone to be shooters, iirc.

19. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

I don't see Melo to LAC ever happening.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You could at least not misquote.

Cyberx said Parsons might be part of the deal, not that it's written in stone.