1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Annoyed is more likely. Christ. Teenage girls running around in a circle hysterically screaming. A sad sight.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I wouldn't give up Parsons unless it was for Love.

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Dude....you need to calm down because you're getting worked up on this way too much. Cyberx and Docrocket just put out what they hear. They don't force us to believe every single thing, they put it out there for us to discuss and garner some analysis about the situation. Just calm down and enjoy the trade season because every year it's a fun time....

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Keep Chandler.

5. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Remember when Rondo almost single-handedly beat the Heat in 2012?

Stars win in the NBA, and Rondo is a star.

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

But, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I dont think Parsons get traded in any deal. Some people have made it out that the Rockets organization owes Parsons something, which in fact we dont, and there is no loyalty when it comes to "business" in this day and time.

2ndly, i just believe Morey and the Rockets think of Parsons as one of the "untouchables" including Harden and Howard. He has become the face of the Rockets, and he is the glue that keeps us gunning and winning. He stays in almost any senerio not involving Love, and even then i do not see the Rockets moving him. Gut feeling.

For the longest Morey has situated the Rockets to become major players in the 2015 FA class, and i do not see any reason that he will not mess that up, unless again we are getting Love back in a deal. But why even do that when you can just sign him outright and keep your core intact.

I say the Rockets do trade Asik, and maybe even Dmo, Lin and our draft picks to added win now talent while still being players in 2015, or atleast for ppl they know will be easy to flip come 2015 or the draft next year.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Morey's trademark move--just prepare to be surprised, pissed off, and then awed in that order.

The 20th can't come soon enough.

9. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Why is this guy allowed to post? :eek:

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is a fun time for people who enjoy watching chain reaction freeway collisions on utube.

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

7 game win streak and Morey wants to throw a wrench in the there

12. verysimplejason

Make this a done deal Morey!

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And who the hell are you? And why would your opinion ever effect me?

14. verysimplejason

Asik + Lin should do it. If not, add DMo or TJones but get Bass and/or Sullinger.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Chilllllllllllll man, come on, its not even that serious. Every one that is even a little rational knows this trade is not going to happen. No pun intended Cyberx

Lets just enjoy this. :grin:

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

In bold; no I don't.

In italics, kind of contradicting there?

Stars=Win
    Rondo=Win

But....

Rondo= Lost in 2012

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Yeah I always had bev as maybe a sell high if we get upgrade at PG, he started on 3rd in west team and on cheap contract that's good value. I see bev+asik+dmo/jones+picks =rondo+bass that's a solid haul for both teams. Sure morey would like humpries expiring but it's $12mill, not sure if he can wing that salary match without giving up Lin.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where is the source ?

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the info Cyber.

Rondo would be awesome on this team. Wouldn't give up Parsons, but other than our two stars I'd give up pretty much anyone else. An absolutely HUGE upgrade at the PG position.

It's almost as important for us to bolster our bench though. We need an upgrade over Garcia/Casspi ASAP.

20. YoMing

YoMing Member

I feel the reason we dont run enough pnrolls is due to the fact that we dont have the capable passers needed to run it smoothly. Lin is more of a pg to pick and pop rather than dish. Maybe Rondo to the Rox might change the game plan, maybe not. :p I think it ultimately comes down to McHale.