1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Your trying TOO hard breh! Don't be the wrecking ball guy!...:eek:

Your way too smart to have everyone think your totally the opposite!

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why would bumping his thread run off Cyberx?

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

With Terry being off the trade market for 60 days, it looks like we are probably not talking with Boston. If we were close to a deal for Rondo, we probably wouldn't have done the Terry deal and lost our non-guaranteed cap fodder. The only way we can now get Rondo in time for the season opener is to ship out a lot of players, such as Papa (in 30 days), TJones, Capela, Josh Powell and Canaan. Plus Ainge is probably asking for the Pelican's pick as well.

4. basketballholic

If Ainge is still asking for a lot of assets for Rondo then we really won't be interested. I can't see Morey giving up the Pels pick for Rondo. Rubio and Rondo are very close to the same player on the court. Except Rubio is like 4 years younger and will make quite a bit less than Rondo after Rondo get maxed out next summer. Oh, and Rubio is a guy that teammates want to be around. I really think Ainge is up a creek with Rondo as far as trading him goes and I really think his best option is simply to re-sign Rondo to a max deal and give him a no-trade clause. I don't see any way Ainge gets more than about 50 cents on the dollar for him.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I was referring to the poster who bumped the thread. He went on some rant yesterday in another thread on how he's been an insider all along and dropping hints and blah blah blah rubio blah blah blah.

6. dobro1229

Guys calm down before we force another wanna be insider ego maniac to create another username and come right back on that site in a craze.

Also, just because Steve Kyler and Larry Coon respond to your tweets a couple times doesn't mean you are an insider. No doubt that Jopat tries harder than anyone else to get in the cool club with Alex Kennedy and that kid from the sixers blog, but if you have a reputation of bagering everyone that you feel is inferior(which is pretty much everyone not in your club) which you do, even the greatest nugget of information you pass on will never be taken seriously.

If Jopat gets forced out is there seriously anyone here that thinks we are worse off?

2 people like this.
  7. dobro1229

I was being sarcastic. If putting up with Jopat gets me inside info I don't want inside info. I can just wait for Woj.

8. ling ling

ling ling Member

photoshop morey pic.

9. basketballholic

I'm not an insider. I've stated that repeatedly. That is a lie being propagated by guys like you, dobro.

I've never met Steve Kyler or Larry Coon in person. But they appear to be good guys. Coon is a cap expert. And Kyler spends a lot of time running around doing his job. He knows players and he knows some front offices, specifically Orlando's. Never met Alex either. But he's a good guy. He may be young but he's a good guy and he knows some basketball, enough to have a certain degree of respect in spite of his youth.

What you have to remember about national guys like that is they are not as tuned in to the local scene as some of us are. But that doesn't mean they bring nothing. Eric Pincus, just yesterday suggested that DMo may be the odd man out of Houston since we are at 16 guaranteed contracts including Beverley. Eric knows his stuff. He knows the Lakers and the Clips very well. And he knows the cap. But he's not an expert on the Rockets. That doesn't mean he can be written off altogether. He's a quality basketball guy. Even though he's wrong about DMo.

Jake Pavorsky is just a cover for an adult. He tweets stuff that is way beyond his age and ability. You take it for what it's worth. He has legitimacy because whatever adult is behind that account has been dead on several times. So, he has to be considered when he tweets something. But not always.

By the way, your post had nothing to do with basketball, Rondo, or the Rockets. It was a personal attack. I'm not offended with your personal attack because you don't know me as a person and you have no idea what you're saying about ego, etc. And I'm older. I have grown past being "offended" by every little remark made about me. Basically, I just don't really care what you think or say about me. But it does bother me that you would go here instead of discuss the subject of Rondo and the Rockets. You should be better than that. And I for one, will not let my version of this board be constantly cluttered up by guys fighting, calling names, making accusations that aren't true, and not talking about basketball. If I identify posters that are constantly doing that....I'll ignore them. I've told you that before. We can either talk basketball or we can stop talking.

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yawn....

11. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I tried to rep you for this but it's telling me I need to spread it around.

Thank you for the "dignified" rhetoric. I guess we are going to sling poo and get it slung at us but you really handle your business on the board like an adult. Well done.

1 person likes this.
  12. dobro1229

yawn is right

Just stop. And yes lets PLEASE move on. If only you "Just Talked Basketball". How many of your posts over the past 6 months have actually been about the game of basketball, and how many have been about pumping up your ego with trade speculation, insider info posts, badgering posters who oppose you, and badgering players currently on the team that you don't like?

Give me a F-Ing break.

#5872 dobro1229, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Hmm you must not read a lot of his posts. Dude is annoying and talks down to everyone who disagrees with him. Aslo claiming to have multiple insider sources, and all of his claims have been false. Egomaniac to the extreme.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<-------- patiently waiting for the Grizzlies to force out Zach Randolph.

15. basketballholic

force out? He's under contract for 3 seasons. They're going to do their best to make him look good and then trade him for something of value.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your claim was that the Grizzlies wanted no part of him so they talked contract with him so that he'd opt out and they could let him leave via free agency and sign Pau Gasol. You were sure they'd never sign him to a new contract, that it was also a ruse to get rid of him.

Then they did.

Now you talk about them trading him.

17. basketballholic

more personal attacks. sorry dobro. hate doing this to you because you actually know the game. but you're too tuned in to name-calling, personal attacks, and bashing guys and not really tuned in enough to basketball to suit me. You've hit my ignore list.

18. dobro1229

The Grizzlies want Z-Bo gone so bad they signed him to a 2 year extension this past June. Makes total sense.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

How throws s**t at the wall hoping for something to stick.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

At this rate BBholic / jopatmc will be talking to himself on this board. Ignoring all posters left, right and centre ;)