1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the rockets need a winner on this team, a player like Rondo. I was opposed to it at first but it is clear that while Harden may the best player at times...he will never be the leader of this team.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If you think that Rondo played a big role b/c he averaged 32 mpg that postseason, how would you classify Pierce/Garnett/Allen, who all averaged 38 mpg and had a greater impact to the game? How would you classify Kendrick Perkins, who averaged 25 mpg?

For that season, you could've replaced Rondo with a bunch of other pg's, and they still would've won the title. You can't same about Garnett/Pierce/Allen.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Member

Just looked at Rondo's numbers. I just don't get the interest. Guy cannot shoot at all. Please pass.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

All three teams we have the most trouble with have a tall athletic PF/SF and a Fast PG. The most glaring gap is our PG's get beat off the dribble during close out. Even Beverly. Perhaps Rondo ends that. Asik can take the PF's. So I'm for more defense which is rare for me. But Parsons is important to hold onto. He has offensive length, and brings offensive athleticism which is rare. Think we need that. So goal here is to get a true defensive PG. I see that as the highest priority if we are so lucky. Ok with Beverly and Lin, but really need someone who will not get blown by.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's more about supreme playmaking. Rondo also gets the foul calls so that's a bonus.

6. delishman

delishman Member

Oh, yeah he is great at passing.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We need a point guard and a play maker

8. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

You're underestimating his ability to make high iq plays. It either cancels out or is a net positive when you factor in his shooting.

9. basketballholic

I understand your reasoning. But we need to remember one thing. In this series, Beverley was sick and dinged every game. Dude was playing with a busted knee and a 101 degree temp. We should cut him a ton of slack. Beverley drove Lillard nuts during the regular season when he was healthy.

With that being said, I am all for acquiring another super-quick, sharp-shooting point guard. That is...............if Canaan isn't that guy. I happen to think he is. I think once Canaan gets some solid NBA run he'll be a pain in the neck for opposing defenses to have to deal with. He's a great shooter. And I think he's a great finisher as well.

10. i3artow i3aller

Been a lot of Rondo/Lowry talk around here lately.

Is it safe to assume a certain Linja Turtle won't be around next year?

11. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

So does Lowry but he actually make them.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You must have missed two seasons ago when both Lowry and Dragic had breakout season under McHale.

14. i3artow i3aller

He'll need a beard.
    [​IMG]

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The sooner people realize that Harden is our PG and that we should start looking for other players that fit him the better. And Melo or Love are the only ones right now.

16. basketballholic

Actually the ideal on-court "fit" is Chris Bosh. Great shooter. Great defender. And he can back up Dwight defensively at the 5 when Dwight has to sit down. Bosh is the best fit by far. But I doubt he actually becomes available.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

If the rockets somehow acquire Rondo, I would like to see Harden move to the 6th man.

I'm not even kidding. I can't see Rondo and Harden get along on the court.

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dude that's not going to happen. If he wanted that he would've stayed in okc

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No way. The main reason I want Rondo is to be able to get Harden better looks.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

exactly, there were times when James was struggling to get a shot and he was giving up the ball to Lin and stuff but the ball would hardly ever come back to him because Jeremy attacks so quickly.