1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. LandryMegaBeast

All the rondo talk is clearly a intricate smokescreen set up by Morey to divert attention away from a much bigger deal to get Lebron

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would hate to lose a young guy with that much potential, and Asik will be gone very soon. It would be risky.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

they have to find a way to offset Kelly Olynyk.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thought about it all day at work and I cannot bring myself to a package that includes Parsons for Rondo.

2 year of Chandler for as cheap as he comes is just so valuable. The guy makes shots, creates shots and is the heart of the team. He may make more money than he is worth one day but that is at least 1.5 years out.

I would maybe part with Jones but

Asik+Motiejunas+Bev the NY second rounder and Houstons 1st rounder seems fair to me.

5. bmd

bmd Member

Where do you live where it's the end of the day and you can go to bed and wake up when the game starts?

6. Andrew Wiggins

I know, but I wanted to continue the discussion. :)

The talent drop-off after 6th amongst wing players exists. That said, Parsons is still the seventh best player amongst SGs and SFs in the league. Derozan is next and he makes 10x what Chandler makes.

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Asik won't be as easy to move as DMo and when we move Asik, we will be looking for backup C/PF kinda guy anyway.

8. solodolo

solodolo Member

Man Boston why can't you wait next year for Hayward so he can reunite with his old college coach & leave Parsons alone >.<

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The Rockets would GLADLY give Lin up

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Paulstfk does have a quick release that is self proclaimed unblockable. He can also make 5 free throws in a row.... This is a no brainer for Boston.... We get Rondo and Boston Celtics fans/forums get a ton of laughs....

11. bmd

bmd Member

I understand. I feel the same way.

He's just to handsome to let go.

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Greece, now here is midnight ... so i have 5 hours now. I try to see some games live.

13. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I would be stoked to witness Rondo's elite passing ability on the regular in conjunction with Dwight. Here's a clip from the day he returned to practice, shaking off a ton of rust obviously. (Hope this embed works)

<iframe src="http://telly.com/embed.php?guid=1GKKLWU&autoplay=0" title="Telly video player " class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Still, I just don't see Morlee trading away Parsons yet. Too much value there, especially considering the Celtics' bloated asking price for Rajon.

Also, perhaps it's already been mentioned here but I haven't seen anyone touch it yet... Not too long ago, I remember rumors/reports that Dwight had privately stated he had no interest in playing alongside Rondo. Don't remember what the context was but I assume that was partly due to bad blood between the Celts and Magic. Any validity to those rumors, and does anyone think that might make Darrell think twice about messing with chemistry?

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

the rockets have been trying to trade lin since the summer if you go by the rumors.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why create a hole just to try to fill it later? Why not try to flip Asik for that backup wing? Those guys are a dime a dozen, talented 7 footers aren't. Better yet, try to get one for Casspi or Garcia and picks.

16. bmd

bmd Member

Cool... there's Rockets fans from all over on this site.

17. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I would not trade Parsons straight up for Rondo.

Please don't trade Parsons

1 person likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

JVG on Charlie's show: "Don't see the fit." Says Rondo needs ball in his hands, as does Harden.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Easy because Asik has way more value than D-Mo would ever garner. He's not worth trying to trade for say a Mike Dunleavy.

I would trade D-Mo before Asik if it means getting a stop gap wing player. If we're talking A+ type guy (Deng) I would definitely pull the trigger.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you think the current team as is can win a championship? that's the question to be addressed. status quo keep it how it is and fast forward two years. basically cp or tjones would have to go all star level and bench fortified. pg problem still there.