1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. TheEarthBlues

TheEarthBlues Member

@anchel That photoshop isn't bad, but I'm waiting for a very sexy looking one so I can tweet it out...with the #9 too, not #7 haha

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

it could be either dmo or smith gone...depends on what the team values more...which i suspect is dmo considering his good play recently.

3. King Drew

King Drew Member

Amazingly done

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[rQUOTEr]The Rockets want to acquire Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, according to sources familiar with Houston's thinking.

Yet sources told ESPN.com that talks between the teams have not progressed to a serious stage because the sides can't agree on the framework of a trade.

One main stumbling block, sources said, is Boston's desire to acquire blossoming Houston swingman Chandler Parsons in a potential Rondo deal. Sources say the Rockets have informed the Celtics that they are not prepared to surrender Parsons as part of a Rondo package.

The Celtics have consistently denied that Rondo will be dealt before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. There have been strong indications all season that Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck wants to keep Rondo in Boston to give the former All-Star point guard, who is still in the early stages of his recovery from a torn ACL, ample time to form a partnership with first-year coach Brad Stevens.

But the Rockets have made a trade at every deadline during general manager Daryl Morey's tenure running their front office and are known to covet Rondo deeply.

Houston also possesses draft picks to deal and a cache of young players beyond Parsons -- such as disgruntled (and very available) big man Omer Asik along with the likes of Patrick Beverley, Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas -- to try to tempt the Celtics.

The close relationship between Morey and Boston counterpart Danny Ainge -- Morey spent time in the Celtics' front office under Ainge -- makes it easy for the teams to engage in trade discussions.

But if the Rockets' position on Parsons is firm, it would be up to Boston to decide to go forward with Rondo (who can become an unrestricted free agent in July 2015), focus on other teams or try to construct an alternative deal with the Rockets.[/rQUOTEr]
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10484540/houston-rockets-eyes-rajon-rondo-boston-celtics

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I am pretty sure Paulstfk isn't worth a hair on Parsons ass

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

DON'T DO THAT!!!

You made my heart skip a beat when I saw you were the last poster in this thread. I don't even think my wife's ever made me do that. Or any other woman for that matter.

:grin:

Stop it.

7. thebeastss2

thebeastss2 Member

I made this VERY quickly yesterday lol

[​IMG]

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think if they could get ANYTHING for Greg Smith, they'd take it in a heartbeat, but I can't imagine him having any trade value at all.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

what the other team i meant..

10. smr6

smr6 Member

That quick release tho....

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would do the deal he proposed.

Rondo/Brooks
    Harden/Garcia
    Green/Brewer
    Jones/Casspi
    Howard/Motiejunas

Is a very good roster.

12. Clarinetmonster

I know many will be disappointed if nothing big happens, but it sounds like Morey is going to address our most pressing needs with lower profile trade(s) like wing defense/bench scoring. I am actually really looking forward to seeing this team reach it's potential mostly as constructed with a few tweaks.

13. Little General

I just got this from RealGM forum. A moderator from the Celtics forum posted this on the RealGM Rockets forum.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1304812&start=30
    Anything new or is this old news?

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

All lofs are discussing about Lin to other threads ... in this thread we had debate rondo-parsons, jtr comedy,deng ... it was a entertaining day... i will go to sleep and i will wake up when Rockets-Lakers starts. In Morey we trust.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

doesnt surprise me that the celts want bev instead of lin....rox dont want to part with lin anyway.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

JTR asked for it. He didn't miss an opening to claim how much smarter he was than everyone. Add that with spelling errors and improper reading comprehension, he lost his emotional state on Clutchfans and decided to attack Clutch in the process. Talk about a burnout.

Popcorn was good though! LOL

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I think if we can make Asik buy into the championship run as a reserve, we can afford losing DMo. We need a wing stopper urgently. Parsons and Harden just can't play good D consistently.

18. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

jtr sure has been quiet, someone might want to check on him. :rolleyes:

19. Nook

Nook Member

Of course Morey is not going to deal Parsons for Rondo, that is at best a lateral move.

The likelyhood of the Celtics and Rockets making a deal are slim because both Ainge and Morey value their own players and are very frugal with their assets.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boston is apparently mostly interested in acquiring attractive white guys at the deadline.

1 person likes this.