1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think last year was a clear indication of this. The Rockets began playing well when he decided to get rid of his entire PF group. In the end it helped get us Dwight, but that team with Morris and Patterson would've been able to reach the 6th seed.

2. j3i

j3i Member

3. DH12sTeam

DH12sTeam Member

I would take all this with a grain of salt. Highly doubt Rondo is going anywhere, but if he does, it won't be til the summer.

4. downbytheriver

Jeff Green is a choke artist. Not better than t Jones. Jones is a more valuable piece than parsons.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Ummm, why are people doubting CyberX???

Seems like a lot of hate, for someone who's proven to be an insider.

Everyone is getting worked up about Parsons, but I seriously doubt Morey won't get something else back or have a back up plan.

1 person likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't see any of them making it to the NBA, so throw them in!

7. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

please send Lin to Boston...hes already got the Harvard resume and Lin can go off getting 30/12 every night and Rockets get a better defending and passing pg its a win win for everyone.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

rockets out :
    Lin
    Asik
    Jones
    Picks

Celtics out :
    BASS
    Rondo
    Humpries

Howard/humpries
    bass/DMO
    Parsons/Covington
    Harden/Garcia
    Rondo/bev

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not if it's Asik + Parsons + Jones for Rondo

Rondo
    Lin
    Harden
    Casspi
    Howard

10. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Until this team, as constructed, goes through the playoffs, there is absolutely no way to say it is not good enough to win a championship.

This team actually has quite a decent chance in its current form.

11. fitzy

fitzy New Member

IF it really is Parsons, Lin, Asik, etc for Rondo then we would have to think about line-ups:

PG- Rondo, then Bev
    SG- Harden, then ?
    SF- ?, do not want Garcia starting...
    PF- T Jones, ?
    C- Howard, ?

but luckily the answers could also be from the Celtics- Green at SF and Humphries at backup 4 and 5.

Also, don't pretend that 3 point shooting is the only way to win, it was just A way to get points efficiently, so I don't mind that Rondo doesn't shoot 80% from behind the arc, or whatever the trolls need to be happy. He runs the offense, period.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

In Morey We Trust.

Don't forget that Morey can find glue guys like Parsons a lot easier in the draft (38th pick) than a star in his prime like a Rondo. Parsons is good, but replaceable. Stars like Rondo are harder to come by. I'm a Lin fan, but if Morey thinks Rondo is healthy and has his head on straight enough to be a Rocket, then Rondo's a significant upgrade.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Lin, Asiksanity, and a first for Rondo and Olynyk helps both teams

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I would love to get Brandon Bass, but I don't see why the Celts would want to trade him over Green. Green has 2 more years left on his contract. He's a bit overpaid and inconsistent, but when he is on he is awesome. I think in Houston's system he could see a good bump in his percentages too.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If it is true that Rockets are willing to trade Parsons for Rondo, then the bigger implication here is that...

Rockets are willing to trade Parsons.

We know who Parsons' new agent is. We also know that he is a well-hyped player around the league. When he is going to be a FA, he is going to expect a BIG contract. Money talks and if Rockets dont offer him that big contract, he is gone because someone else sure will.

If the Rockets are willing to trade him right now, it means they have made their mind up that they will NOT offer Parsons a big contract.

If he is not traded for Rondo, expect him to be traded at some point so the Rockets dont lose him for nothing.

#275 Zboy, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/megastahr">@megastahr</a> Cybex has been spot on several times so if he's hearing that this might happen, then I believe it might. Would b SO SAD though.</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/statuses/435556539781246976">February 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's official, Rondo is this year's Josh Smith. The next 3 days are going to take forever.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Asik and Parsons would probably be enough. Thats a stupid trade though. Harden is going to guard the Durants and Lebrons of the world now?

19. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

This is all about the playoffs. We need someone who can shut down the opposing PG AND can run an effective half court offense to get the ball to Dwight in the low post when the game slows down.

We will have to have both of those things to get to the Finals. No one on this roster can provide that right now. Rondo can.

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

Okay, I'm done. I can't doubt the mastermind that Morey is, who constructed the current team this city is enjoying at the moment. If he has to give up Parsons in order for this team to guard the elite point guards that the West has today, then I'll bite the bullet. It won't be an easy pill to swallow if this goes down. I'm a huge Parsons fan. Trading deadline can't come soon enough.