1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know why he doesn't get more time. Why do they run Plumlee out there?

Dedmon would look good in Houston since he has 3pt range.

I know he had a dust up with Nene? a few years back. But those things on the court they come and go.

Nook likes this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I never bought the whole “Ariza returning here”. It makes no sense for a team to sign someone for $15 mil and then cut ties a few months after when he hasn’t been a disruption. HOWEVER, one thing I’ve never kept in mind was our full MLE. Ariza could give Phoenix up to $5 million discount or something like that and then Houston will pay him the rest. I still doubt it but this is one thing that doesn’t make it appear too ridiculous.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

He is a net positive, he does a number of things well. I am only saying we need someone that shoots the ball well enough to back up Tucker.

The truth is Tucker shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a night.... same with Paul.

DonKnock, Mr Chuck Norris and HP3 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

That MLE money is likely going to end up going to Clark.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Ohhhh, whats that, is that some optimism I see here haha.
    [​IMG]

You have anyone in mind?

jch1911 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it does make sense if you have in mind the suns are the rockets friendly organisation and this was only a rockets way to reward ariza without going into luxury tax or paying high luxury tax

HP3 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahaahha!

HP3 likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not all of it though. I am sure just a sliver of it to produce a 3yr deal.

DonKnock, Nook and Vivi like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nope. @Nook debunked it with the point that we must use some of it to sign Clark

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The Suns signing Ariza was orchestrated by the Rockets. No. That’s just made up and ridiculous.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Ahhh cmon....dont fight it. ARIZA AND CLARK BABY LOL.

[​IMG]

Lol but yea prolly not gonna happen, though like @Deuce not all of it could go to Clark, so you never know, it could happen.

dje243, hakeem94 and Zoplicone like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In theory they only need to shave off around ~ 800K from the T-MLE to offer Clark a 3 year team friendly deal. The type of deal they would have given DeAnthony Melton.

@BimaThug can correct me if I am wrong.

DonKnock and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Yeaaaaaa this is waht I like to hear haha.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really know why Plumlee plays, Len makes sense cause he's still pretty young and he has a two year guaranteed deal, i'm also pretty sure Collins is going to play the 5 a bit with Spellman at the 4 so, i can really see Atlanta being willing to move Dedmon as soon as a decent offer is on the table.

Agreed btw, i'd like to get Dedmon as a backup center, good rebounder, ok defender and can shoot the 3.

jch1911 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i didnt say thats the truth, just that it does make sense ie is not out of the realm of possibilities ... teams do each others favors all the time...look at what knicks cavs lakers suns and other teams have done for lebron

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

forgot about Melton, any idea on how he's doing? I see he hasn't really played much

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You think he isn't? I think he's been terrific since that players only timeout.

hakeem94, DonKnock and BMoney like this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I wish I could love this or like it twice. Media still acting like we're playing poor defense when we're playing stellar defense.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The perceived lack of effort people are talking about is beyond Clint's control......... it is mostly a spacing issue because the Rockets are not hitting their 3's.... the defensive issues are mostly a result of switching issues exposing him.

Clint is doing what the Rockets expect of him. He is reliant on other players doing their part.

20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

This thread refuses to die. I love it! Jimmy for 5 first round picks + Gordon and Tuck. #Sleeves #NewMath

hakeem94 likes this.