1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He said he felt like no team has offered their best deal. He seemed to indicate the Rockets when he mentioned some teams that were off to worse starts than they expected and he felt like those teams would give them the best opportunity to make a trade with. He feels like he has a responsibility to get the best deal possible and he seemed kind of resigned to the idea that Jimmy will be traded and said at some point they will probably pull the trigger on a deal. He said he doesn't fully understand why Jimmy wants to be traded either. He felt Jimmy and Thibs still had a good relationship, but that Thibs was caught completely off guard by Jimmy wanting to leave. The interview was pretty direct with his questions so it was a pretty good interview.

Overall, it sounds like Taylor is being realistic and practical about the situation, but just trying to get the best deal. The trash start from the Rockets certainly has to make him feel good about pressuring us into giving up something more.

2. RocketsFanBrian

Thank you

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Looks like this is gonna drag out till the trade deadline. If a trade wasn't made yesterday than it won't be done for a while

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I keep hearing Woj repeatedly say "No deal will be done without Eric Gordon". I guess that means Morey hasn't offered EG yet. If he hasn't yet, he needs to.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Those are probably the sorts of things you have to say as team owner, given that nothing is done until it is done. But I can't imagine the Timberwolves would let that dysfunction continue until the trade deadline; it affects the organization, the fans, makes them a "WTF" in the media, et al.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The "I can't imagines" dissolve into the wind when we are talking about the Timberwolves. Dysfunctional organizations don't operate from a position of rationality.

RyanB, Vivi, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This is the same team that turned down 4 first round picks for a guy they know will walk in the summer

8. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO "Guesses" Butler will be dealt by the deadline??? Otherwise he will play out the year???? I wonder if Jimmy knows that....

They will land a big fish in free agency??? I guess if you consider DeMarre Carol or Rajon Rondo to be "big fish".

9. ROXTXIA

True, but their coach, who will be long gone by the time most of those picks reach Minnesota, is insisting on staying competitive while he still has a job there. I don't blame him for wanting more than Brandon Knight's corpse, even if as a Rockets fan it's maddening.

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Really hard to tell if it's a leverage play or delusion with this one...

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ennis is also returning. That's 40% of the day 1 starting unit and us missing Ariza/Harden simultaneously would have been bad last year also.

clutchdabear and Batman Jones like this.
  12. macan

macan Member

i want it to at least break that melo thread record, we can do it!

DonKnock likes this.
  13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Great. Then this old man is more out of touch than I thought.

clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  14. rockets13champs

Jimmys gonna be traded Dec-Feb.... see y’all later

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not that one can believe anything that is said, but this is the interesting info to me, because all the talking heads keep talking about Thibs' reluctance.

But per Taylor, Thibs isn't even taking the calls and in a sense has been taken out of the process.

So caught off guard or not, it's not Thib's reluctance that is holding it up apparently.

joshuaao, HP3 and DonKnock like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

From what I have been told, other teams are trying to figure it out too.

whiskeyred and DonKnock like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah....... that is what Taylor says, except Layden is a figure head GM.... Thibs has made all the substantive decisions in the past.

Perhaps the power dynamics have changed and Taylor is making the decision on his own, but I strongly suspect Layden and Thibs still have a strong influence...... but I really don't know anymore. Early on Thibs was very involved but it could have changed...... not sure anyone outside of the Target Center knows what the hell the Wolves are doing.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. rocketseagles07

Morey hasn’t offered eg because he’s not dumb. Klay goes through some of the same cold stretches EG does.. no one notices because they still win. I’m not putting Gordon on butlers level... but we need all the horses we can...

I don’t think we’re beating GS wth butler and EG let alone butler

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol this whole thing is a joke. Our players are mentally weak so anytime you hear them in trade rumors they start to suck. EG not gonna play well till this thing is over and our roster sucks as a whole outside of CP3 and Harden. Morey has his work cut out for him

Little Bit likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

I'm not sure anyone inside the Target Center knows what the hell the Wolves are doing.

Nook, DonKnock and Vivi like this.