1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Riley will let his ego push him to stop talking with the Wolves.

Morey will keep calling like a machine.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, mikol13, lionaire and 4 others like this.
  3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Interesting. Very interesting...

Plowman, JuNx and DonKnock like this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We back in this B. Lol

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

KAT.....is ready to move on from Jimmy Butler.

Taj.....is ready to go wherever Butler is traded.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think Pat will give up...i hope i'm wrong.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

On the plus side, his hair seems to be making a comeback.

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

EDIT: I am not sure how a Winslow extension effects his usage as an asset in a trade package. But wanted to post this info just FYI.

#6268 Deuce, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    saleem, JuNx, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Minnesota Timberwolves, Tom Thibodeau's office. Can I help you?"

"This is Daryl Morey. I have another offer for Coach Motherf%$ker."

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

man his body language is so punchable i can now understand why Jimmy cant stand him

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

His demeanor and attitude against us in the playoffs was punchable and we won 4-1. He's very immature.

12. craguin

craguin Member

Ira Winderman [Oct 9, 2018]:
    For example, should Winslow, who will earn $3.4 million this season agree, hypothetically, to a four-year, $44 million extension, an acquiring team would have to take him in at $9.4 million, while the Heat would send him out at the $3.4 million.

BigMaloe, Deckard, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-t-storm-amid-jimmy-butler-trade-controversy

As the Jimmy Butler saga rages on in Minnesota, Timberwolves legend and future NBA Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett weighed in on the drama.

"I'm a T-Wolf for life, man," he told Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic. "I'm 'Sota for life. I've always wanted better for not only the city and the franchise, but [Andrew Wiggins], [Karl-Anthony Towns], those are my guys. I root for those guys. Gorgui Dieng. Those are my guys. I'm just hoping they can get through this rough patch and everybody can get on the same patch and figure it out. It's a s--t storm up there."

Garnett also offered his opinion on Butler's trade demands:

"I think both sides are a little delusional. I think Jimmy thinks his worth is a little more than what it is. He's a very good player. I don't see him on the (Kevin Durant) and LeBron (James) level. But if they are A-plus, he's definitely A, A-minus.

"I don't know if he had the power to come out and force a trade like this. He can be disruptive, but I don't know if he actually had the clout to come out and do that. I don't know if Jimmy has enough juice to be that."

And so the saga rages on, and Garnett said he understood the passions and tensions in play.

"You don't think that I went crazy sometimes? Man, I was a damn Tasmanian devil," he said. "I would say s--t at [Kevin] McHale. I would say s--t at Flip [Saunders]. But it was all to motivate all of us. We had a big game against Chicago and I'm just raising the level to what I'm expecting the next day to be like."

What he doesn't want to see, however, is Butler hurt his reputation over the situation.

"I never want a person like Jimmy, who has a lot of upside and a lot of value and a lot of equity that he's built for himself, get dismantled or get depreciated because of his actions," he said. "This is clearly frustration. This is clearly him trying to want something better, at least that's what you hope, versus it being personal and ego-driven."

But he also emphasized that he didn't like the public nature of the drama going down in Minnesota.

"What's really the s--t storm is that can't nobody keep s--t in practice," he said. "What goes on in practice should always stay in practice. And what goes on between two conglomerates as businesses should always stay [private]. Everything is so ******* public now."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-jimmy-butler-minnesota-timberwolves-tension

Despite that, Garnett said he draws the line at demanding a trade, as he never requested out of Minnesota. He was famously traded to the Boston Celtics ahead of the 2007-08 season but had to be convinced to accept the deal.

"I never requested a trade because I viewed 'Sota as mine," said Garnett, who has a contentious relationship with current Wolves owner Glen Taylor. "I built this house. I'm not leaving this god damn house. You can get the f--- up out of here. You don't like it, then leave. ... I never asked for a trade because I never wanted to be traded."

"Wigs, KAT, those are my guys," Garnett said. "I root for those guys."

Despite his affinity for the duo, Garnett was also able to level some criticism at one of the franchise cornerstones.

"KAT has good leadership skills because he works hard," Garnett said. "It's whether he wants to vocalize those, which is his next challenge as a leader, to me."

seeingred, mikol13, saleem and 2 others like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoy seeing KGs thoughts on this. This dude was a crazy MFer as well so he seems to understand what Jimmy is going through although he doesn't like it. He even calls him a very good player and his assessment is dead on. Very cool for KG to offer his thoughts.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

16. HP3

HP3 Member

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Williamson likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member