1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This...is ****ing amazing. Lol.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Kat is soft. Loved watching Clint own his soul in the playoffs.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Exactly.

I'd like to see what would happen if CP3 had Wiggins' body. Top3 player ever for sure.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Butler:

Your two most high profile teammates, KAT & Wiggins, you got into it with them too?

Everybody

What did you say to them?

I can't remember. I was seeing red or whatever color was in front of my eyes. It was emotion, it was passion. This is the truth: I didn't go at those two. One of them came at me. KAT came at me. We're up, he said "Anyone can get this work." I said "Do it to me." Every time I get switched on you, you pass it. Come at me. If you score on me, I'll tap you on your butt, good move, you got the best of me but you gotta do it every time.

That interaction with KAT sounds good. That's what you want from him and he wants from you?

Depends on how you look at it. Am I being tough on him? Yeah! That's who I am. I'm not the most talented player. Who's the most talented player on that team? That's KAT. Who's the most God-gifted? Wigs. Longest arms, biggest hands, jump the highest & run the fastest. Who plays the hardest? Me! I play hard. I play really hard. I put my body on the line every day in practice, every day in games. That's my passion. That's how I give to the game, that's how I give to you guys. Everyone wants to talk about leadership. Everybody leads in different ways. That's how I show I'm here for you. I want you to be great. I can tell when someone is on some BS and jogging down the floor because they haven't shot the ball. I'm gonna give it to you. I know you. That's me. I know you. ... I shoot with you every day.

Message trying to get across?

To play hard, that's it! Play for one another! Win! If at all costs the only reason you play this game is for these guys you suit up with.

#5564 J.R., Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. RocketsFanBrian

Coincidence that Fertitta opens to media that he would love to have Butler, next day he lashes out in practice and has Rachel Nichols spread the word immediately after.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m looking at this through Miami’s eyes right now. If Miami traded for Butler, then would they compete for a championship right away? I don’t think so. If Butler just wants to win and that’s all that’s going to make him happy, then can Miami keep him happy? I don’t think so.

In Miami Butler would have to deal with another young big man who isn’t as skilled as he thinks in Whiteside. Idk enough about the rest of Miami’s team to really comment but the fact remains that he would be in a very similar situation in Miami.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

KAT is definitely soft, but how crazy it would be if he gets pissed by the situation and asks for a trade too? Lmao

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean I don’t deny that KAT was soft during the playoffs and got bullied when he shouldn’t have. But for him not to go all Jim Carey from Cable Guy in a practice does not make him a coward. Fighting with your teammates only works when championships are in place. This is no championship team but that’s not just on KAT.
    I still say he should be annoyed. They just told him this summer they want him to be the franchise player. Why bring back a s**t disturber who’s trying to humiliate you?

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

The funniest part: "Towns then huddled the players up with a message centered on everyone keeping their emotions in check, league sources said. But according to some of the players, the message was empty."

lmfaoooo

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

CP3 flat out told Glen Davis he was born too stupid to ever be a good NBA player... he said it to his face in front of his coach and teammates. Butler is crazy but CP3 is just cold.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

His trade value is actually something Minny can work with LOL.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is very simple, if he really has Miami as his preferred destination well, winning isn't as important as he's saying, cause he's not going to win **** there.

malakas, adw and DM'sVP like this.
  16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Butler wants to win just like LeBron wants to play with high IQ players. Can't fool me twice.

SS0101 and dje243 like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@malakas
    Wow. Read that tweet after I posted in response to you. Haha but it is very fitting

I’m not disagreeing with you for how you feel about KAT. To each his own. But it takes a shocking amount of incompetence to have a franchise allow this circus to occur within a month of KAT signing his contract.

malakas likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Woooooooah, source please? Or is this like something you heard from someone?

19. malakas

malakas Member

He already asked for a trade last year.

From the moment he was drafted I could see it. I am not Nostradamus or anything but you can see that he was fake nice guy who is too conscious about his public image. In my opinion he and Nike already have a schedule to get out of Minny.

Vivi likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member